Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sobolik
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 22nd 06, 07:56 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By sobolik
CONNECTION - makes a good photograph. At one...

CONNECTION - makes a good photograph.

At one time in my life I "connected" with the beautiful scenic photos in magazines. I tried to produce the same kind of results. Then I traveled the world and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 18th 06, 02:41 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By sobolik
"This is again proof of the classical adage...

"This is again proof of the classical adage that a new medium does not kill the previous one, just joins it."

I like reading rational approaches to the subject compared to emotional ones. ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 18th 06, 02:06 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By sobolik
Looks to me the perfect application for A Fish...

Looks to me the perfect application for A Fish Eye Filter and not a lens- or a "lens" that screws on to your present lens - check eBay
Forum: General Photography Techniques March 17th 06, 12:07 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By sobolik
After further review I must sympathize with you....

After further review I must sympathize with you. And its is a shame for these kinds of things to form such powerful lasting bad memories.

I will have to give some extra thought when getting pics...
Forum: General Photography Techniques March 16th 06, 12:47 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By sobolik
I like to take the other side of some issues as a...

I like to take the other side of some issues as a possible service to readers. Possibly even giving you another perspective to consider. I keep reading this post and it keeps bothering me. The best...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 11th 06, 02:47 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By sobolik
What it will be used for makes the final choice....

What it will be used for makes the final choice. Studio? Travel?

Travel Tripod:
If you want a status symbol buy the $100+ tripods that are all the rage.
If you want relatively inexpensive, sturdy,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 4th 06, 05:47 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By sobolik
2 lens camera for making those Stereo 3D photos...

2 lens camera for making those Stereo 3D photos that get inserted into the viewing apperatuse. Bought it for $20.00 at garage sale, sold it to a happy home in Spain for $120.00
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 3rd 06, 12:37 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By sobolik
1- do not pay much attention to lens critiques....

1- do not pay much attention to lens critiques. Most of these "terrible" flaws are not even noticed by 99% of people, just lens junkies. They are noticed if pointed out but... Reconsider the Sigma...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 2nd 06, 02:08 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By sobolik
I am quite baffled as to what to recommend in...

I am quite baffled as to what to recommend in view of your previous love for the Rollei 35 and other specifications. If I were to try and match them then see the link below. Now days I would be more...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras January 29th 06, 09:52 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By sobolik
Another cheap entry level one to consider. The...

Another cheap entry level one to consider. The Polaroid izone 310 but it is not primarily Video. It cost $80.00, memory at $20.00 and tax totaled to $105.00.
Also for my kid - 14 year old. It...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 28th 06, 11:18 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By sobolik
Amen. Unfortunately there are large numbers of...

Amen. Unfortunately there are large numbers of computer addicts that will never give up their fix. And they buy stuff, and more stuff and more stiuff. Consequently we are forced more and more to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 27th 06, 12:28 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By sobolik
sales? no sites but here is a very credible note...

sales? no sites but here is a very credible note worthy statement as to the future. Like it or not

Arizona Highways is my only judge as to photographic quality standards. Not my cousin, not my...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 27th 06, 12:24 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By sobolik
Digital Photography Arrives—Even at Arizona Highways

Arizona Highways is my only judge as to photographic quality standards. Not my cousin, not my buddy, not the Nikon salesman, not you and not me. So what do they say about the quality of digital...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 26th 06, 03:00 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By sobolik
What constitutes highest quality? 35mm still rules digital - don't get that started

What constitutes the highest quality? 35mm still rules over digital - (don't get that started again) Just to make 35mm lovers feel good again.

What constitutes the highest quality according to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 13th 06, 12:32 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By sobolik
I would like to put my 2 cents in on your...

I would like to put my 2 cents in on your comment, "I've been offered
either until I can afford something better." There is no reason to think these could not out live you and that they need to be...
Forum: General Photography Techniques January 7th 06, 03:55 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By sobolik
It is quite simple. Do a web search for under...

It is quite simple. Do a web search for under water photo equipment for the latest gadgets as well as the time proven ones. Like the Nikon Nikonos.
The same technology that is used above water is...
Forum: General Photography Techniques January 7th 06, 03:32 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By sobolik
At what level is this research paper? I'm game...

At what level is this research paper? I'm game as long as you are not seeking expert analysis but rather comments from more of a beginner non-enthusiast standpoint. Someone else will have to step...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 2nd 06, 04:53 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By sobolik
I say long live 35mm! I too am a die hard 35mm...

I say long live 35mm! I too am a die hard 35mm fan. The more I research a digital SLR to replace my film SLR the more I convince myself not to do something as foolish. The web is full of reasons why...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18