Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Markus Fuenfrocken
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 15th 11, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Does this photo look weird?

"Alan Browne"wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-01/58807298.jpg
Reminded me of Prince´s Love symbol right away:
http://991.com/NewGallery/Prince-Love-Symbol---Dis-16035.jpg
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 27th 10, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Lens advice needed

John McWilliams wrote:
I'm with Bruce on this: My 24-105 lives on my 5D, and is a fabulous
lens.
I´m neither with you nor with "Bruce" given the OPs requirements. Yes, the
24-105 is a good lens...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 26th 10, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Lens advice needed

M J Wyllie wrote:
I am looking at
either the 24-70mm f 2.8L USM, or the 24-105mm f/4L IS USM. I'm after some
opinions on which would be the better choice for
indoor use?
Hi,
i´d always go...
Forum: Digital Photography April 14th 10, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
[SI] F8 and Be There is finally posted!

tony cooper wrote:
It's Florida Softshell Turtle (Apalone ferox).
Ah, thanks for the info.

Regards,
Markus
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 10, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
[SI] F8 and Be There is finally posted!

Bowser wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/gallery/f8__be_there
WTF is THIS beast?
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/123577691
That face/nose is scaring the crap out of me...

CU,
Markus
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 30th 09, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 28
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
(50 f/1.2L and 85 f/1.8) vs (50 f/1.4 and 85 f/1.2L)

Troy Piggins wrote:
Doing some reading on the 50 and 85 primes. Man, both the
50L and 85L look absolutely beautiful on a 40D, but just
can't justify both L's. Thinking about getting either...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 30th 09, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 22

Troy Piggins wrote:
Doing some reading on the 50 and 85 primes. Man, both the
50L and 85L look absolutely beautiful on a 40D, but just
can't justify both L's. Thinking about getting either...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 13th 09, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Olympus SLR boss says 12 MP is enough

Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/Cynthia-20090210-0191FS.jpg
says you and Watanabe are full of crap.
Woah that looks really bad! I really looks like a good 12 MP image upsized...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 09, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3

Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/Cynthia-20090210-0191FS.jpg
says you and Watanabe are full of crap.
Woah that looks really bad! I really looks like a good 12 MP image upsized...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 3rd 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Av and flash photography with Eos 5D II

Celcius wrote:
If you allow me another question. What is best to set the metering
mode at? I would tend to think partial or center-weighted, but I
tried all, and at 2 to 3 meters, it doesn't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 2nd 09, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Av and flash photography with Eos 5D II

Celcius wrote:
Which Lightsphere, Markus?
Cloud or clear?
I use a clear one, but you might find that lots of people think that it´s
useless, a rip off or a waste of money. I say (after using it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 2nd 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Av and flash photography with Eos 5D II

Celcius wrote:
I tried your suggestion and get better results than with
Av Why is it so, please?
Hi,
a very recommended reading is http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/
It explains the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 2nd 09, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Av and flash photography with Eos 5D II

Celcius wrote:
Thanks for any suggestion.
Switch to M and choose the setting you like, E-TTL and Flash will pretty
much take care of the rest.
But be warned, if you choose f/8 or smaller you may...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 18th 09, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Canon 300D - Autofocus stopped working - troubleshooting options?

Michael wrote:
Autofocus on my Digital Rebel has stopped working -
intermittantly. Lens seems to detect the need to adjust
but all I get is a "clunk" as if its trying to revolve
against a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 09, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Change exposure to adjust histograms or do in post

Steven Green wrote:
Assuming the histogram is not clipped or spiked on the sides is there
any advantage to doing it on the camera rather than in post?
Sure. For example, proper exposed images...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 15th 09, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Black and white digitals

SteveB wrote:
I have seen this setting on digital cameras, yet never once used it. I
have played with taking sepia toned pictures.
Hi, i´m interested to know which camera you´ve decided to buy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 2nd 09, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Please indulge me .......

Hi Steve,

SteveB wrote:
I have decided on the Canon 50D, and am very close to purchase.
Could you say in a few words why you choosed the 50D? Are there any features
you found on that camera only...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 18th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
2 questions about digital cameras

Hi Neal,

"Neil Jones" wrote:
I do like the Canon Powershot G10. Considering it's lineage, I would
consider it as a prosumer camera. Where do the experts in the field
create the demarcation...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras December 18th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45

"Neil Jones" wrote:
I do like the Canon Powershot G10. Considering it's lineage, I would
consider it as a prosumer camera. Where do the experts in the field
create the demarcation...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 56

"Neil Jones" wrote:
I do like the Canon Powershot G10. Considering it's lineage, I would
consider it as a prosumer camera. Where do the experts in the field
create the demarcation...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 17th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 74
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Why use Lightroom if you already have Photoshop??

"Bubba" wrote:
Markus is a troll.
LOOOOL, thanks for the good laugh you just made my day. Well at least i am a
troll with a real name and do not hide behind a anonymous nickname and email
like...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70

"Bubba" wrote:
Markus is a troll.
LOOOOL, thanks for the good laugh you just made my day. Well at least i am a
troll with a real name and do not hide behind a anonymous nickname and email
like...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 17th 08, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 74
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Why use Lightroom if you already have Photoshop??

"Bubba" wrote:
Can it do retouching? Like removing a tin can from the grass?
Wow, you spent "several weeks" working with the trial like you said in
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 08, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70

"Bubba" wrote:
Can it do retouching? Like removing a tin can from the grass?
Wow, you spent "several weeks" working with the trial like you said in
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Markus Fuenfrocken
Why use Lightroom if you already have Photoshop??

"John Navas" wrote:
That's a non-trivial suggestion -- my own take is that the learning
curve is pretty high and steep.
Well i was pressuming the OP is already an experienced CS3/ACR and Bridge...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67