Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 1.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Chris
Sore wrists

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Ståle Sannerud" wrote:

The second option I can think of is to buy a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 to replace
the 24-70, it weighs about half...
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 06, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Chris
Sore wrists

I just purchased a new 5D and 24-70mm f/2.8. That rig is HEAVY, and
after shooting it some my wrists became sore. I shoot weddings and I'm
concerned about shooting a whole wedding with that camera....
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Flash Content in Photogs Website?

Paul Rubin wrote:
"Chris" writes:
That's not too bad for html. It still lacks that competitive edge that
a wedding photog needs. Wedding photography websites need...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Flash Content in Photogs Website?

Rolling Red wrote:
Do any of you guys know of some great examples of sites that are not in
flash?

http://www.jbuhler.com

What stands out is the great photography, and that is what...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Flash Content in Photogs Website?

wrote:
Chris wrote:
To flash or not to flash?

I have a current web site that is made with flash. I am debating on
whether not to use flash on a new site. All...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Flash Content in Photogs Website?

To flash or not to flash?

I have a current web site that is made with flash. I am debating on
whether not to use flash on a new site. All of the best photography
websites I have seen utilize...
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris
Requesting a Critique

Bob Williams wrote:
Chris wrote:
Ok, here it is after a little re-touch.

Nope! The blur is too extreme, and the sofa is still...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris
Requesting a Critique

Ok, here it is after a little re-touch.

Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris
Requesting a Critique

Charles Schuler wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
Have a look, and feel free to comment.

It's a nice...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris
Requesting a Critique

Have a look, and feel free to comment.

Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 06, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris
Does Technical Knowhow Interfere With Creative Intuition?

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi Chris,

It all sounds reasonable to me.

I think one more key piece of advice I can give you is to spend more
time considering an image. I am a big believer in...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Chris wrote:
Does Technical Knowhow Interfere With Creative Intuition?

I have been wondering about aesthetics again. I am a very technical
person, and I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris
Does Technical Knowhow Interfere With Creative Intuition?

wrote:
both can go hand in hand. there is no reason to assume that they are
mutually exclusive. however, it has always been my experience that the
"naturally gifted", those who...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris
Does Technical Knowhow Interfere With Creative Intuition?

If you want an excuse to forgo learning the craft of photography, you
won't get one from me.

Read, carefully, I did not say that I didn't want to learn the craft.
I was polling for opinions to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris
Does Technical Knowhow Interfere With Creative Intuition?

Does Technical Knowhow Interfere With Creative Intuition?

I have been wondering about aesthetics again. I am a very technical
person, and I sometimes wonder if it gets in my way as a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris
6-8 meg camera owners, will you go 10 megs?

Scott W wrote:
Chris wrote:
This is not a very technical test. I would periodically zoom into
images on photoshop taken with my main prime and zoom lenses. The
prime would stay sharp...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 06, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris
6-8 meg camera owners, will you go 10 megs?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Chris wrote:

the pixal count of the sensor. I'm sure there is not a zoom lens made
that can resolve down to the 16MP count if my...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 06, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris
6-8 meg camera owners, will you go 10 megs?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Chris wrote:

I have done some of my own resolution test. This is NOT the case for
prime lenses, but for zooms (maybe the cheaper...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris
6-8 meg camera owners, will you go 10 megs?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Chris wrote:

RichA wrote:
Especially higher-end 8 meg owners. Do you plan to pick-up one of the
less expensive 10 meg cameras...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 06, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

RichA wrote:
Especially higher-end 8 meg owners. Do you plan to pick-up one of the
less expensive 10 meg cameras as a second body?

Even @ 6mp the glass (for most lenses) has already become the...
Forum: Photographing People August 22nd 06, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Requesting Critique

Stacey wrote:
Hello, without reading anyother replys and giving you my reaction-I
love it! it has an old time feel to it, I like the grainy soft
effect-not all photos warrant pin sharp focus. I...
Forum: Photographing People August 16th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Requesting Critique

Stephane Schmuck wrote:
Chris wrote:
I used 200 speed @ f/2

The camera is an old Yashica rangefinder that will do f/1.4. I like
the camera, but I think the rangefinder is off. It...
Forum: Photographing People August 16th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Requesting Critique

Stephane Schmuck wrote:
Chris wrote:
Just wanted to hear your reactions:
http://www.chrismaness.com/backend/misc/diego2b.jpg

Hello Chris,

the Picture is maybe too unsharp and...
Forum: Photographing People August 16th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Requesting Critique

no_name wrote:
Chris wrote:

Just wanted to hear your reactions:

http://www.chrismaness.com/backend/misc/diego2b.jpg

When photographing people the eyes should be in focus. If...
Forum: Photographing People August 13th 06, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Requesting Critique