Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Walter Banks
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 28th 14, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Walter Banks
NIKON RULES !!!

Savageduck wrote:

On 2014-04-02 00:40:35 +0000, Annika1980 said:

Well, it had to happen eventually.
I've finally decided to get rid of all
my digital Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography July 5th 13, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 134
Posted By Walter Banks
Buying new digital camera

Jake29 wrote:

I lost the digital camera that I had and I need to buy a new one.

I recently bought a Samsung ST88 pocket point and shoot
about $75
It has a Li-ion battery came with a USB charger...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 21st 13, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 23
Posted By Walter Banks
For you aviation buffs

On 2013-04-18 14:26:15 -0700, John Turco...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 23rd 13, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Walter Banks
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC RULES!

Annika1980 wrote:

Is anybody else getting published in a National Geographic book coming
out next month?

Anybody?

Oh, just me, huh?

WHO RULES ???
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 11th 12, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Walter Banks
The days before photoshop

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:56:28 -0400, Walter Banks
wrote:

Most of us use photoshop to clean up images and make our efforts
presentable. The gray...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 10th 12, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Walter Banks
The days before photoshop

Most of us use photoshop to clean up images and make our efforts
presentable. The gray beards here remember the days of dark room...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 5th 12, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 0
Posted By Walter Banks
[SI] Work comments

Alan Browne wrote:

Sorry for the late comments - been adding to this for the last week.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/142212970
Walter Banks - Helo
Nothing as nice as a Hughes 500 -...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 28th 12, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Walter Banks
Bill Graham

On 2012-03-26 17:25 , Walter Banks wrote:
I hope he is okay. He did have some health issues

Anybody heard from him in a while. I haven't seen a good political...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 27th 12, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Walter Banks
Bill Graham

I wasn't really wanting to start an other off topic war.

I realized that I had not heard from him in quite a while.

w..

On 2012-03-26 14:25:43 -0700, Walter Banks...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 26th 12, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Walter Banks
Bill Graham

I hope he is okay. He did have some health issues

Anybody heard from him in a while. I haven't seen a good political discussion (argument) in months.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 22nd 12, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 69
Posted By Walter Banks
Will a new computer help?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Walter Banks writes:

Windows 8 seems to me based on that little I have seen from the beta,
a move to add on more touch functionality on Windows 7.

Which is worse than...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 22nd 12, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 69
Posted By Walter Banks
Will a new computer help?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Bruce writes:

Given that Windows 8 is imminent, would it not be worth waiting a few
months and upgrading direct to that version?

No. Windows 8 looks even worse that...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 21st 12, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

nospam wrote:

In article , Walter Banks
wrote:

This is the transport layer and its job is to get the bits transferred
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 12, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

nospam wrote:

In article , Walter Banks
wrote:

This is the transport layer and its job is to get the bits transferred
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 12, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

nospam wrote:

This is the transport layer and its job is to get the bits transferred reliably,
the app does not control data transfer implementation. The transport layer
has full control...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 21st 12, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

nospam wrote:

This is the transport layer and its job is to get the bits transferred reliably,
the app does not control data transfer implementation. The transport layer
has full control...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 16th 12, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

nospam wrote:

what compression technology might that be? the bulk of smartphone
bandwidth usage are apps and apple has *no* control over what an app
sends and receives, nor does...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 12, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

nospam wrote:

The long term problem is they don't have the compression technology
to be attractive to common carriers who are being increasingly pushed
for bandwidth.

what...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 12, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

nospam wrote:

In article , Walter Banks
wrote:

Apple certainly has had a relatively long life with a business model that "
is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 12, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Savageduck wrote:

...and that is an option you were obviously free to exercise. If you
are satisfied with whatever non-Apple devices you utilize that is just
fine and nobody is going to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 12, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:31:25 -0500, Walter Banks
wrote:

Trevor wrote:

History shows many of them are. But capitalist consumerism is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 14th 12, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Trevor wrote:

History shows many of them are. But capitalist consumerism is about creating
a market and supplying that market at the biggest possible profit you can
manage. Some companies...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 14th 12, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 411
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Trevor wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
Providing useful products and services at reasonable prices.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 29th 12, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Walter Banks
Kodak close to declaring bankruptcy

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Walter Banks wrote:

They have a lot of the early digital patents that are now close to timing out.
The interesting thing is they saw it coming and and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 12, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 240
Posted By Walter Banks
an excellent read from the ACLU

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:

Didn't our Governor, who I think is a Democrat, just reduce taxes on the
middle class?

BTW is Grover Norquest's pledge mostly signed by Democrats or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125