Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: just bob
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 5th 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By just bob
cs3 canon raw

wrote in message
And if its not legal and registered?

Never had an illegal version but the upgrade file is on their site for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 5th 08, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By just bob
EXIF and focus distance

It is generally accepted (to the folks at dpreview forums) that the Nikon
DSLR's report the distance and Canon's do not.

"John O'Flaherty" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 5th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By just bob
RAW or not RAW? :)

JPEG for web is only 8-bit color. Your RAW file should be more and it could
make a huge difference when doing prints, etc. Not so much when final
product is JPEG.

"jazu"...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By just bob
I've changed my mind about AA batteries.

Wait until you buy a flash: You are going to need AA batts still!

"Andrew MacPherson" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By just bob
Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

"no Spam" wrote in message
In message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 5th 08, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By just bob
High ISO and noise reduction

I agree with the OP: the noise at that res is OK.

Note that with a monopod you maybe be able to get your shutter speed lower
however that will result in even more motion blur in your shots since...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 31st 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By just bob
Canon IS lenses

"Mother" wrote in message
I'm having a problems taking nature photographs. I'm using a Canon
Digital Rebel with a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 17th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By just bob
D300 Camera Strap

"Alan Calan" wrote in message
Years ago my Nikon F5 fell to the ground because the Nikon provided
strap opened up. I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 21st 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By just bob
Would you pay $615.99 for a lens hood?

"John Adams" wrote in message
Olympus thinks you might.

Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By just bob
San Francisco Bay Fog

"John Navas" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:52:30 -0800, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom
wrote in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By just bob
New Nikon Lens?

"default" wrote in message
http://www.nikonusa.com/large.php?productNr=2176

Looks like it has a front rotating element, no?

Saw it...
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By just bob
San Francisco Bay Fog

Great job, John.

You should put your contact and copyright in the IPTC fields less someone
decide your work is orphaned and use it for free.

"John Navas" wrote in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By just bob
Why would you care if others prefer DSLR cameras?

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
just bob wrote:
Fixed the subject line!

You could pretend to care in order to be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By just bob
Canon Full Frame Sensor?

"Gary Kendrick" wrote in message
The Canon EOS 5D has been out for a while and I've heard lots of good
reviews about it....
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By just bob
ultra slim with 28mm and shutter priority?

Was looking at the Panasonic FX01 after reading an earlier thread here but I
can't live without shutter priority. Everything else about that camera
sounded good, including the 28mm lens.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 16th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By just bob
SPAM

"Lew" wrote in message
just bob wrote:
"John Bean" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 14th 07, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
SPAM

More generation of ad dollars, or something stupid like that. The least you
could do is use tinyurl so we can't see you are trying to get hits on your
spymac account.

Wow, two Netcop posts in one...
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to comp.lang.java.programmer,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,comp.lang.python,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair
Replies: 10
Posted By just bob
SPAM

"John Bean" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:04:35 -0800, "just bob"
kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

Your...
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to comp.lang.java.programmer,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,comp.lang.python,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair
Replies: 10
Posted By just bob
photos from palestine

"Silverdolphin.it" wrote in message
Hi all,
if you are interested here you will find my photos from...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 12th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 64
Posted By just bob
1dIII withdrawn

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
just bob kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

If Canon really wanted to "ensure the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
Mosquito in an eye

"Phoenix" wrote in message
I've been working hard in this picture. It was difficult to select the
mosquito,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 5
Posted By just bob
1dIII withdrawn

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message