Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Devine
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 08, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave Devine
SPREADING WIDE FOR THE 40D!

Annika1980 wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98146203

Nice shots, Brett.

I used to see osprey all the time when I lived in Orlando. They would be
perched on every other...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 20th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Devine
*istDS thumbwheel

David Kilpatrick wrote:

Dave Devine wrote:
The thumbwheel on my DS has been acting up lately. Turning the wheel to
zoom in, for example, often will zoom in 3...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 20th 08, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Devine
*istDS thumbwheel

The thumbwheel on my DS has been acting up lately. Turning the wheel to
zoom in, for example, often will zoom in 3 levels then jump back two
levels. The problems is also there when adjusting the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 7th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave Devine
OT Slippy (wasHarley Davidson, American legend...)

Chris Malcolm wrote:

I remember those. High power on slippy tyres with a lethally stepped
power band. You had a to be real man to ride one of those :-)

"Slippy" is one...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9

Chris Malcolm wrote:

I remember those. High power on slippy tyres with a lethally stepped
power band. You had a to be real man to ride one of those :-)

"Slippy" is one...
Forum: Digital Photography April 4th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Dave Devine
Boy this place is certainly getting flooded ...

Meghan Noecker wrote:

Because google was good enough for non-daily reading. And I did get it
again free. And even now, I go months without using it. Do you buy
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 1st 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Posted By Dave Devine
Abuse and intimidation of London photographer

Pboud wrote:

Chris Savage wrote: On 2008-03-31, Tony Polson
wrote: Paul J Gans wrote:
Still, it is a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 1st 08, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Devine
Digi-film camera

ASAAR wrote:

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:54:45 -0400, David Ruether wrote:

The camera was a bit pricey but it seems to be worth it. Last week she
paid them to upgrade it...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 08, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Devine
Digi-film camera

ASAAR wrote:

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:54:45 -0400, David Ruether wrote:

The camera was a bit pricey but it seems to be worth it. Last week she
paid them to upgrade it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 15th 08, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave Devine
Space Shuttle Endeavor Launch 11mar08

Ali wrote:

I have been tempted too take a trip across the pond to watch a launch too.
The change of launch dates also puts me off.

I would recommend scheduling a trip with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 14th 08, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave Devine
Space Shuttle Endeavor Launch 11mar08

Andrew MacPherson wrote:

(Buy_Sell) wrote:

Not much to see here, folks.

There's a little more to be seen here...

Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 08, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave Devine
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - The Story

George Kerby wrote:

Don't feel bad. It could have been worse:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2oaf79

Just imagine. You could have the photographer at this wonderful...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave Devine
THE PROBLEM WITH NEWSGROUPS IS ....

tony cooper wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:34:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Sandhill cranes are omnivorous and eat anything from worms...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave Devine
I am New Rich

Roy G wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message

"Digital" wrote in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Posted By Dave Devine
where's the newsgroup adjudicator???

"Benny" no spam wrote:

I was having a moment of frustration seeing so many MI5 posts again when I
posted, but I will learn to blank them out from now on.

thanks to all the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60

"Benny" no spam wrote:

I was having a moment of frustration seeing so many MI5 posts again when I
posted, but I will learn to blank them out from now on.

thanks to all the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 07, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Posted By Dave Devine
where's the newsgroup adjudicator???

Jürgen Exner wrote:

Brian wrote:
Top posting makes a lot more sense to me. This is the choice:
1. Click on a post, read it, click on the next post and the response
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 07, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Jürgen Exner wrote:

Brian wrote:
Top posting makes a lot more sense to me. This is the choice:
1. Click on a post, read it, click on the next post and the response
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 23rd 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave Devine
Pentax istDS slow focus/hunting

Mike Hamilton wrote:

The DS certainly has slower AF than the K10D, and about equivalent to
the K100D. Part of the limiting factor, I think, is the use of AA
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 23rd 07, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave Devine
Pentax istDS slow focus/hunting

I was shooting the kids' soccer game today with the istDS and the 18-55
mm kit lens. I usually use my old manual F4 70-210 zoom, but I wanted to
try autofocus. For the most part things went well, but...
Forum: Digital Photography June 17th 07, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 51
Posted By Dave Devine
The ethics of returning cameras to the dealer.

Toke Eskildsen wrote:

In Denmark, all mail-order purchases can be returned within 14 days for
a full refund. It's stated in the law, with exemptions for food and
such....
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave Devine
Pentax prices

Pete D wrote:

I would think you would want the US $ high to buy in US cheaper?

No, a low dollar means more dollars for each euro...

Dave

--
There's a fine line between stupid...
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Annika1980 wrote:

That's Spike's cousin:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/68412685

Any recent sightings of Spike? Haven't seen a pic lately and fear the
worst...

Dave
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 24th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave Devine
What do you think about HDR?

G.T. wrote: