Showing results 1 to 25 of 106
Search took 2.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: k-man
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 11th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By k-man
Can D300 meter for fully-manual lens

Hi:

I have a 1976 Vivitar Series 1 70-210. Awesome lens optically; but
it's fully manual and my D70s doesn't do metering with it. I have to
take a couple shots and check the exposure in the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 27th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By k-man
Nikon 70-210 AF f/4 operation on dSLR's

On Jan 25, 5:54 pm, Tony Polson wrote:
k-man wrote:
Gotcha. Thanks very much.

You're welcome!

Though, I don't own the 70-210 f/4 just
yet. I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By k-man
Nikon 70-210 AF f/4 operation on dSLR's

On Jan 25, 3:25 pm, "Bruce" wrote:
Hi Kevin

I've owned one of these lenses since they first came out and when I bought
the D70 & D80 I have used it almost every...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By k-man
Nikon 70-210 AF f/4 operation on dSLR's

On Jan 25, 4:43 pm, Tony Polson wrote:
k-man wrote:
On Jan 25, 3:22 pm, frederick wrote:
k-man wrote:
For those familiar with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By k-man
Nikon 70-210 AF f/4 operation on dSLR's

On Jan 25, 3:22 pm, frederick wrote:
k-man wrote:
For those familiar with the Nikon 70-210 AF f/4, being that it's an
older lens, can aperture be controlled through the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By k-man
Nikon 70-210 AF f/4 operation on dSLR's

For those familiar with the Nikon 70-210 AF f/4, being that it's an
older lens, can aperture be controlled through the camera body (for
things like aperture-priority or shutter-priority)? Or, would...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 4th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By k-man
Bogen 3262QR head not staying tight

Hi:

I have a Bogen/Manfrotto 3262QR tripod head and it's not staying
tight. I've had the tripod and head for years and it was working fine
but recently the knob frequently doesn't seem to lock the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 25th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By k-man
SB-600 part

On Oct 19, 11:31 pm, scenic_man wrote:
I'm looking for (a replacement for) the part of a Nikon SB-600 Speedlight
that's a sort of button that releases the locking...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 25th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By k-man
SB-600 Rubber Push Button Coming Off

On Oct 23, 1:35 am, "Mbt6" wrote:
Looks like I have some glue no longer sticking on my SB-600 Robber PUSH
button, any suggestions?
--mike

Hey, mine, too, and recently. ...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By k-man
Canon S400 pics come out purple

On Sep 17, 2:42 pm, k-man wrote:
Hi:

I've got a Canon S400. Several years old. Took beautiful pictures
until recently. Now, images on the LCD and on the stored...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 28th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

On Sep 28, 1:17 pm, "G.T." wrote:
k-man wrote:
On Sep 27, 1:38 pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
k-man writes:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 28th 07, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

On Sep 27, 8:48 am, Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
On 27 Sep, 13:34, k-man wrote:

I have a D70s and recently encountered a problem whereby the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 28th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

On Sep 28, 1:25 am, Slack wrote:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:38:55 -0700, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

k-man writes:

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 28th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

On Sep 27, 1:38 pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
k-man writes:
http://bikeoften.com/photoproblem/

The shape, position, and intermittent appearance suggests a mirror-flipping
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 27th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

On Sep 27, 8:45 am, nospam wrote:
In article ,

k-man wrote:
I have a D70s and recently...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 27th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

On Sep 27, 8:34 am, k-man wrote:
I have a D70s and recently encountered a problem whereby the bottom
20% of the frame of some shots were dark. What I did was I set the
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 27th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By k-man
Bottom 20-percent D70s image dark

I have a D70s and recently encountered a problem whereby the bottom
20% of the frame of some shots were dark. What I did was I set the
camera on a tripod, set the self-timer and got the shot. I saw...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By k-man
Resizing to include emails

On Sep 17, 12:25 pm, "Roman King" wrote:
Pictures taken with Nikon dSLR is about 3 MB size.
For sending pictures to overseas relatives, 3MB is too big if three or four
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By k-man
Canon S400 pics come out purple

The description fits. I didn't know about that advisory.

Thanks!
Kevin

On Sep 17, 2:57 pm, Bates wrote:
On Sep 17, 2:42 pm, k-man wrote:

Hi:
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By k-man
Canon S400 pics come out purple

On Sep 17, 8:48 pm, "Bruce." wrote:
"k-man" wrote in message

I've got a Canon S400. ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 17th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By k-man
Resizing to include emails

On Sep 17, 12:25 pm, "Roman King" wrote:
Pictures taken with Nikon dSLR is about 3 MB size.
For sending pictures to overseas relatives, 3MB is too big if three or four
Forum: Digital Photography September 17th 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By k-man
Canon S400 pics come out purple

Hi:

I've got a Canon S400. Several years old. Took beautiful pictures
until recently. Now, images on the LCD and on the stored pictures are
barely recognizable -- highly distorted, not quite...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By k-man
Odd effect with D200 output

On Sep 6, 6:36 pm, RichA wrote:
This shot has been brightened considerably. The original blue part
was highly underexposed. I noticed that when it was brightened,
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 23rd 07, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 50
Posted By k-man
"Live View" is leading to the inevitable conclusion (that most won't like)

On Aug 22, 12:19 pm, wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Aug 20, 9:36 pm, RichA ...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By k-man
DSLRs getting better, P&S remain in the gutter of photography

I agree that build quality on many P&S's, including some of the Canon
model's, has taken a dive. But in terms of actual picture-taking, I
think P&S's have improved big time. Today, we have IS,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 106