Showing results 1 to 25 of 111
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: louise
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 14th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By louise
Need Help With Contest

Alan Browne wrote:
wrote:
Hello, my name is Toni and I am from New Bern, NC. I entered a photo
contest with Hewlett-Packard and Snapfish. I recently found out...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By louise
Professional Lab that provides ICC profiles?

I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
that I have adjusted in CS3.

I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
to look like. I am looking for a lab that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 15th 07, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By louise
Epson printer?

Tomm101 wrote:
On Jun 14, 3:57 pm, "Ryadia" wrote:
"Tomm101" wrote in message

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 14th 07, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By louise
Epson printer?

I have reached the point of putting together some photos for
local exhibit in a photography store. My HP 8250 (6 color
inks), only prints up to 11 x 14 and somewhat larger sizes
are required for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 13th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By louise
Photoshop JPG conversion issues once again

Ray Macey wrote:
On Jun 6, 2:39 pm, louise wrote:
I note you compare Safari and IE. What's your opinion of
color management if using Windows Firefox?

Louise, in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Rod wrote:
kombizz via PhotoKB.com wrote:
Do NOT worry.
Simply you could go to an internet cafe shop and burn your entire images
either in CDR or DVDR discs.
This is the way that I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

kombizz via PhotoKB.com wrote:
Do NOT worry.
Simply you could go to an internet cafe shop and burn your entire images
either in CDR or DVDR discs.
This is the way that I ALWAYS use it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By louise
Photoshop JPG conversion issues once again

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
louise wrote:

I'm using a Nikon D40X and I have it set to take photos with
Adobe RGB

Are you shooting raw or jpeg? If you're shooting...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 10th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By louise
Photoshop JPG conversion issues once again

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
louise wrote:

I've just started loading on the web and I am loading RGB,
not sRGB. I haven't seen anything I think is "ugly"
although...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 10th 07, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By louise
CS3 raw update

nsag wrote:
As to which would be "better" the answer is clearly Photoshop because it
can do infinitely more than NX. However for what it does NX may work
better for you.
NX and the Adobe...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 8th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By louise
CS3 raw update

Just letting people know there is a camera raw update for
CS3 and it is support Nikon D40X files.

Now.....since I also have Capture NX - any thoughts on which
would be better to use?

Louise.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 8th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By louise
Photoshop JPG conversion issues once again

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
Ray Macey wrote:

Firefox doesn't have colour management, Opera doesn't have colour
management, IE doesn't have colour management.. Safari is the only
browser to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 8th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Derek Fountain wrote:
Ray Macey wrote:
On Jun 6, 2:39 pm, louise wrote:
I note you compare Safari and IE. What's your opinion of
color management if using...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 6th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By louise
Photoshop JPG conversion issues once again

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
G.T. wrote:

So in the case of including a profile does that mean that people with
browsers like Safari that do color management will see it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 6th 07, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

louise wrote:

My concern was not in getting them - I can get them from Newegg. My
concern was that they seem to have a rather notable...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 4th 07, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Mark² wrote:
louise wrote:
Mark² wrote:
louise wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
louise wrote:
..
The hard drive on my portable will not be able to hold all
the RAW...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Mark² wrote:
louise wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
louise wrote:
..
The hard drive on my portable will not be able to hold all
the RAW photos I'll shoot. I have a very small and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

David J Taylor wrote:
louise wrote:
[]
I'll look at thinktankphoto as well.

Louise

Louise, we have an earlier version of this Epson storage/viewer:

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Paul Furman wrote:
King Sardon wrote:

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 23:22:26 +0100, "the_niner_nation"
wrote:

ius it okay to fly with a DSLR around your neck?...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Joseph Meehan wrote:
louise wrote:
..
The hard drive on my portable will not be able to hold all
the RAW photos I'll shoot. I have a very small and light
Thinkpad which has no built in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Michael Meissner wrote:
louise writes:

I will be taking a trip to Japan and will need to carry a portable computer,
several bottles of different medications since...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

Mark² wrote:
Mark² wrote:
For hard-drive space...go to Costco and pick up one of these for a
mere $109:
http://westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=262
I have three of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 2nd 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By louise
airplane travel and my brand new dslr

I will be taking a trip to Japan and will need to carry a
portable computer, several bottles of different medications
since one now has to have the pills in the bottle, and
clothing and such for a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 29th 07, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By louise
'Everyday Lens' to use with Nikon D200

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Adrian Boliston wrote:

I'm not keen on having to cart about heavy lenses so use the Nikkor
35mm f/2 which only weighs 205g. I started off with the 18-70 kit
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 29th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By louise
D40 lens advice

Plebism wrote: