Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: l v
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 267
Posted By l v
suggestions on upgrading to a new pc

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

Virtually every FS used by OSX, Linux, and the BSDs.
All of which can suffer from...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 09, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 267
Posted By l v
suggestions on upgrading to a new pc

It's Really Ray Fisher - Right? wrote:

Yes. Totally unnoticeable by anyone--whose unaided vision is less than
20/80 in both eyes. If they only knew how many of their images have had
their...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 267
Posted By l v
suggestions on upgrading to a new pc

Chris H wrote:

BTW Linux is not an OS but a generic name for over 1000 different
versions of a base system. Versions of Linux come and go all the time.
Redhat and suse are two of the very...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 267
Posted By l v
suggestions on upgrading to a new pc

J. Clarke wrote:
uncle ted wrote:
Problem is not with the machine - problem is with the OS. You keep
mucking with MS it's going to keep running slower from the day you
install. Suggest...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By l v
Failed Backup Pics

Cam Johnson wrote:
Here's my dilemma. I run an auto backup nightly of various docs, etc. I
also do so with photos (jpegs) that reside in folders in a photo
directory. Recently I purchased a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 6th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 4
Posted By l v
Same old, same old

PatM wrote:

Cool !!! You had a Yahoo account before Yahoo was created. You
should have bought stock then.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_yahoo_started

It was a different name...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 4
Posted By l v
Same old, same old

PatM wrote:

Cool !!! You had a Yahoo account before Yahoo was created. You
should have bought stock then.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_yahoo_started

It was a different name...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 6th 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 4
Posted By l v
Same old, same old

KILL-POST Troll Amplifier wrote:
On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:40:24 -0500, l v wrote:

Troll Amplifier wrote:
Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography

Troll Amplifier wrote:
Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 6th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 4
Posted By l v
Same old, same old

Troll Amplifier wrote:

Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many sock-puppets. You'd
think his elastic would be worn out by now.

Um, no. To set the record straight. I am not SMS...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 4
Posted By l v
Same old, same old

Troll Amplifier wrote:

Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many sock-puppets. You'd
think his elastic would be worn out by now.

Um, no. To set the record straight. I am not SMS...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 09, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By l v
dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

SMS wrote:
l v wrote:

The features that CHDK promises are of no value to me for the type of
shooting I do.

Not even the battery gauge? :)

New camera warns when the battery is...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 09, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By l v
dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

SMS wrote:

You still need to be careful with add-ons like this. They can force the
hardware to operate beyond the limits for which it was designed (which
is the whole idea) but going too...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 09, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By l v
dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:27:20 -0500, l v wrote:

CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:04:07 -0500, l v ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 1st 09, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By l v
dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

Twibil wrote:
On Jul 31, 1:21 pm, SteveG wrote:
My sincerest condolences to those that remain ... you are more stalwart
in your tolerance levels than I can ever be. Either that or...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 09, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15

Twibil wrote:
On Jul 31, 1:21 pm, SteveG wrote:
My sincerest condolences to those that remain ... you are more stalwart
in your tolerance levels than I can ever be. Either that or...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 09, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By l v
dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:04:07 -0500, l v wrote:

Wow. You are one wacked-out SOB. All of your assumptions are incorrect.
And your opinion is of no...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

KILL-POST CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:58:37 -0500, l v wrote:

KILL-POST CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:25:34 -0700, SMS...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 09, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By l v
What drove Ken Rockwell insane?

RichA wrote:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nm/aliens/index.htm

He actually read the P&S Troll's posts?

--
Len
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 09, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

RichA wrote:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nm/aliens/index.htm

He actually read the P&S Troll's posts?

--
Len
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 09, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By l v
dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

KILL-POST CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:25:34 -0700, SMS wrote:

MC wrote:

Don't need and don't use so that's blown that theory out of...
Forum: Digital Photography July 27th 09, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By l v
Oly E-520; lens 14-42mm stop auto-focusing after a while

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Sigh says...

Mind if I quote you for the "P&S Is Far Superior And Durable, FAQ"? It'll
only add 1 more to the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 27th 09, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By l v
This is a strange (but helpful) newsgroup

PatM wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:46 am, "Tom from WI" wrote:
I have been following this newsgroup for several months now and find many
helpful answers to questions. One...
Forum: Digital Photography July 18th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By l v
Strobe Lights White Balance and Surrounding lights

Pinch of Salt wrote:
"stvlai" wrote in message
Hi

I just got a 2 sets of Strobe lights and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 18th 09, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 94
Posted By l v
Idiot troll

Oh The TROLLS wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:36:17 GMT, "Charles E Hardwidge"
wrote:

I have no idea if you're American but your service provider is, and the last
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125