Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bugbear
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 14, 10:45 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 41
Posted By bugbear
why device independent color?

isw wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

On 24/01/2014 23:47, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:13:47...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 31st 14, 10:45 AM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Replies: 0
Posted By bugbear
why device independent color?

isw wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

On 24/01/2014 23:47, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:13:47...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 14, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By bugbear
Wanted - mini monopod, extended length 10"-18"

Tony Cooper wrote:

The only reason to buy a monopod is to get something that telescopes
and looks nice. For table-top use at home, you don't need either
feature.

Agreed. My use is not at...

On 2014-01-14 09:35:40 +0000, bugbear said:

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 14, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By bugbear
Wanted - mini monopod, extended length 10"-18"

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size are telescopic,
intended for...
Forum: Digital Photography November 18th 13, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By bugbear
Interesting!

George Kerby wrote:
Colorization of old famous photographs...

http://indulgd.com/realistically-colorized-historical-photos/

Any info on the technique used?

BugBear
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 13, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 50
Posted By bugbear
Way cool photo

PeterN wrote:
I googled, so you don't have to:

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/blade-quadcopter-with-GPS-p/blh7800.htm

important bit: Our Price: $469.99

BugBear

Does that...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 13, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 50
Posted By bugbear
Way cool photo

M-M wrote:

Yes, called a Blade 350 GX.

It's GPS controlled so it will land at the spot it takes off without
any assistance.

I googled, so you don't have to:
Forum: Digital Photography October 28th 13, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By bugbear
NiMh voltage?

AnthonyL wrote:

The internal resistance issue is the explanation I was given when my
camera refused to work and I was on the point of throwing it out. I
kept buying higher rating Energiser...
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 13, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By bugbear
NiMh voltage?

J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,

This is a known problem with the Powershot A630. If you google "A630
NIMH" you'll find numerous reports of...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 13, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By bugbear
NiMh voltage?

I have a (old) Canon A630 camera.

I can get very few shots/use out of a freshly charged set of
NiMh AA batteries, and yet when I put them in a halogen
bulb torch, the torch will run for hours.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 13, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By bugbear
Watched part of a wedding shoot today. My opinions on them havenot changed

RichA wrote:
The tedium, the conventionality, it was all there. But, I guess it's what people want? Conventionality, that is.

Any photographer who shoots what they (the photographer) wants,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 13, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By bugbear
hyperfocal settings

RichA wrote:

Be careful doing hyperfocal anything with high-resolution digital cameras. What passed as "in-focus" in the old film days probably won't today and will look blurred.

Indeed. Back...
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 13, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By bugbear
Adobe goes into back-peddling panic mode

RichA wrote:
Whatsamatter? The pseudo-Marxist plot to turn America into a rental
economy for services from an ownership economy not going down so well?

I guess IBM was pseudo-marxist in the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 13, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By bugbear
Resolution limits of cameras

Martin Brown wrote:

It is also worth pointing out that on the Earth Dawes limit is usually hammered by poor atmospheric seeing for larger apertures and it is only with the advent of cheap webcams...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 13, 10:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By bugbear
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshot annotationefficiently?

Danny D. wrote:
One point to make though, even though all programs can grow
the canvas, is that it's generally done in one of two ways.

1. You accurately specify the size & shape to grow...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 13, 10:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By bugbear
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshot annotationefficiently?

Danny D. wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:57:33 +0100 bugbear wrote:

Try googling screenshot annotation
if that's what you want, rather than "proving" that image
editors aren't screenshot...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 10:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 334
Posted By bugbear
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshot annotationefficiently?

Danny D. wrote:
Q: Does any other freeware program do screenshot annotation efficiently?

While almost all programs perform almost all tasks, the three
critical screenshot annotation tasks...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By bugbear
Steady hold for a P&S

On 2013-04-19 12:19:10 -0700, Alan Meyer said:

I've got one of those very small P&S "travel zoom" cameras (Panasonic ZS-9) with up to 16:1 optical zoom. ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By bugbear
Digital twin lens reflex.

James Silverton wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to search one out.

Depending on...
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 13, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By bugbear
A pixel by any other name...

Jennifer Murphy wrote:
I think digital photography is beyond my mental capacities (sigh).

You have a fairly simple choice.

You can either "just" use the cameras. Modern cameras
work very...
Forum: Digital Photography April 4th 13, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By bugbear
How to capture exact RBG or CMYK color numbers?

Jennifer Murphy wrote:
I am trying to get a true color photograph of an oil painting. Because
of the propensity of the shiny and irregular surface of the painting,
reflection has been a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 13, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By bugbear
Typing in lower case only makes you a bad credit risk

Jennifer Murphy wrote:

Presumably, Wolfgang meant "correlation is not causation". The (data
mining) statistics would only show correlation. But then the financial
institutions are only...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 13, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By bugbear
Biggest camera fail of past couple years: The contestants

Robert Coe wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:40:38 +0000, David Taylor
wrote:
: On 25/03/2013 02:08, RichA wrote:
: On Mar 24, 2:43 pm, David Taylor...
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 13, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 136
Posted By bugbear
No one speaks english anymore??

Mayayana wrote:

| But that is *not* a lack of an accent. It's just one
| specific accent.

If you say so. It's cultivated because it's perceived as
lack of accent.

Not my me, it's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125