Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH [email protected]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 16th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

Ray Fischer wrote:

(bogus sampling thoughts)

In reality, if you sample exactly at 44 kHz a 21,800 Hz signal,
with no filters, and DAC the result, you will get signals at
21,800 and 22,200 Hz....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 13th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

Ray Fischer wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
In any case, if the human ear can only hear at most up to 20kHz, why do
you get better results when sampling at 176kHz than...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 13th 09, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 591
Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Chris H wrote:

Al-Qeada were NOT in Iraq and did not have training camps, and
certainly not where he was suggesting I know I was in that region.

Al Qaeda DID have training camps within the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 09, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

Chris H wrote:

On the other hand Bush admitted it. Water boarding is torture.

Utter bull****.

Waterboarding is NOT repeat NOT torture. It does
not result in permanent harm, or even...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 09, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

DG wrote:

He tried hard to do the right thing.

Then why did he shred the Constitution?

He didn't. Not at all. He wanted to keep the Constitution, that's why he
got good people on...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 09, 04:46 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 61
[SI] Intetesting is up!

John McWilliams wrote:
"mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH wrote:
tony cooper wrote:
On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:03:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

All the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 09, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Tamron SP 70-210mm F/3.5 19AH: won't focus at infinity

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

A dedicated high-ISO full frame camera with the newest sensor
technology (maybe even with a backlit sensor and with some
filterless pixels) with, say 8-12 MPix,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 591
Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

wrote:

Yes, but one persons "misperceptions" are another absolute truths......

Not when they have been PROVEN to be lies. Just like all the BS FOX news
has been...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 09, 02:10 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 61
[SI] Intetesting is up!

tony cooper wrote:
On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:03:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

All the interesting shots have been posted he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 10th 09, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

I suggest everybody read the book

"LIBERAL FASCISM The Secret History of the American Left From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning.
By Jonah Goldberg."

I quote from a review in, of all places,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Yellowstone Question

Ron Recer wrote:

I use a Canon 40D with a 100-400L IS lens. Before last summer I used that
lens on my 10D. Both do a good job on wildlife. Two weeks ago up in
Waterton NP in Alberta I was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 9th 09, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:

Sounds like you want to go back to the old days when this was just how it
was done. You can make the case that this was how the founding fathers
envisioned the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 9th 09, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 591
Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Ray Fischer wrote:
Bill Graham wrote:
This
applies to health care as well as everything else. I kind of like being able
to work hard and save my money, and then spend...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 06:43 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 61
Intetesting is up!

Bowser wrote:

Now suggest a mandate. Something imaginative.

I suggest "sadness is high key, happiness low key"

Doug McDonald
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Yellowstone Question

Martin Brown wrote:
Ron Recer wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message
phk wrote:
Making a visit to Ystone park in a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

Twibil wrote:
On Sep 7, 9:49 pm, " wrote:
...And if the picture was of you -- and the last memory your children
would have of you, would it still be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

DG wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
On Sep 7, 8:10 pm, Doug McDonald wrote:
NO! They should blame the scum...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 09, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Speaking of Closeup Lenses... Wow!

Miles Bader wrote:
Doug McDonald writes:
| In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's
| a really good argument; my position is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 510
Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

Ray Fischer wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote:
DG wrote:
If people are upset about the photo then they should blame the
politicians for the war, not the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

John A. wrote:
On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:22:35 -0500, "mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH
wrote:

As far as round (circular) sensors, one answer there is obvious,
in addition to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 09, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

"mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH wrote:
I have an 8 MP Canon 30D. I can tell the difference between
the sharpness and general quality of a 4x6 print made from it,
using a wide...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 09, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 591
Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

DRS wrote:
"mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH wrote in message

Jürgen Exner wrote:

[...]

just as it works for FOX News. If the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 09, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

I have an 8 MP Canon 30D. I can tell the difference between
the sharpness and general quality of a 4x6 print made from it,
using a wide angle lens (24 mm), and a print (same size) made
from a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 09, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Elliott Roper says...
Why do we get rectangular sensors? What's
wrong with a circular heap of Megapixels?

Prints are...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 125
18 megapixels on a 1.6x crop camera - Has Canon gone too far?

To the Clueless wrote:
On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 11:06:19 +0100, David Kilpatrick
wrote:

nospam wrote:
In article , David...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125