Showing results 1 to 25 of 119
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rob Morley
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 12, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.comp.os.linux,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
ColorHug monitor calibration for Linux

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:25:54 +0000
Alex Monro wrote:

Those of you who run Linux as your computer operating system of choice
for photo editing may be...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 12, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Alex Monro wrote:

Those of you who run Linux as your computer operating system of choice
for photo editing may be...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 11, 08:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob Morley
Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro query

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:03:24 +0000
Michael J Davis wrote:

Rob Morley was inspired to say
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:21:05 +0000
Michael J Davis...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 11, 07:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob Morley
Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro query

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:21:05 +0000
Michael J Davis wrote:

Not a big deal, but I decided to try to check where the calibrated
driver is kept. And I can't find it!! I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 5th 10, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Rob Morley
When your photos are just too good.

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:11:00 -0400
Alan Browne wrote:

On 10-04-04 8:42 , spacecadet wrote:
Ausitn Mitchell is quite wrong when he
says that Boots were...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 4th 10, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Rob Morley
When your photos are just too good.

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 21:43:02 -0400
Robert Coe wrote:

The pictures were taken on a digital camera. Couldn't the
photographer have cited the Exif data? It might have shown the
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Rob Morley
1st D-SLR Advice Please

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:55:25 +0100
"MC" wrote:

"Doug Jewell" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography June 14th 09, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Rob Morley
wear from 1/4 Whitworth versus 1/4 UNC

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:09:30 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

I don't...
Forum: Digital Photography June 14th 09, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Rob Morley
wear from 1/4 Whitworth versus 1/4 UNC

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:44:47 -0700
Jürgen Exner wrote:

"michael adams" wrote:
Although admittedly as the bolt is being threaded one thread at...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 09, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Rob Morley
wear from 1/4 Whitworth versus 1/4 UNC

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:54:33 GMT
Matty wrote:

I'm in the UK and want to get a few camera mounting bolts (1/4-inch
Whitworth) for some projects.

It's hard to get those...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 09, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Rob Morley
wear from 1/4 Whitworth versus 1/4 UNC

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:40:24 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:

As to mixing threads - as stated above, the thread angle is 55% for 1
and 60% for the other. If you want to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 09, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob Morley
Could you actually see photos made from RAW files?

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:10:46 +0100
bugbear wrote:

Bob Larter wrote:

'Johhny Mnemonic'

Thanks - I can never remember the title of that film.
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 09, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob Morley
Another question - How to convert medium format lens toequivalency of a 50mm normal lens (35mm camera) in APS-C digital cameras

On Sun, 31 May 2009 19:04:40 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

Let's split the difference shall we? (36^2+24^2)^0.5 = 43.2.

It seems I succumbed to one of the fundamental...
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 09, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob Morley
Another question - How to convert medium format lens toequivalency of a 50mm normal lens (35mm camera) in APS-C digital cameras

On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:13:23 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

What needs explaining here is what at 'standard lens is - and
that is simple.

It is the lens which has a...
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 09, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Rob Morley
Could you actually see photos made from RAW files?

On 31 May 2009 12:39:04 GMT

On 2009-05-31, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

"Public Domain" means "The total absence of copyright
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 09, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Rob Morley
How to hold and carry a camera with a heavy lens

On Fri, 29 May 2009 07:36:21 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

I am wondering what is the best way to carry around a camera in a hand
strap with heavy and large lenses (glass lenses...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 17th 09, 01:21 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Rob Morley
Nikon confirms D90 LV bug

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:18:26 -0400
ASAAR wrote:

about having an ego so large that you treat these photo newsgroups
and DPReview's forums as your personal blog, thinking that...
Forum: Digital Photography April 17th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 32
Posted By Rob Morley
Nikon D90 no light meter in LV

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:38:31 +0100
Bruce wrote:

Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
cannot understand is defined as "a bug".

I'm not knowledgeable about...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Rob Morley
New: Nikon D5000

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:49:59 +0100
"Focus" wrote:

After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great
anymore.

So did you have OCD/impulse control problems before...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 15th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 49

"Focus" wrote:

After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great
anymore.

So did you have OCD/impulse control problems before...
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 09, 01:02 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Rob Morley
Solution for D90 matrix..(update)

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:11:26 +0100
"Focus" wrote:

I had Nikon Netherlands look at the pictures and they agreed my
camera over exposes.
Nobody less then the coordinator is going...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 9th 09, 01:02 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc

"Focus" wrote:

I had Nikon Netherlands look at the pictures and they agreed my
camera over exposes.
Nobody less then the coordinator is going...
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 09, 03:49 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
Color more difficult than B/W

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:28:21 -0700 (PDT)
Dan wrote:

I process all types of film at home, and colour is as easy as B&W, and
reversal colour (positive) processing can have all...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 69
Posted By Rob Morley
Nikon D90 defective Matrix metering

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:00:06 -0700
C J Campbell wrote:

And yes, landscapes pose lighting problems, not least of which can be
a need for fill flash for...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 09, 03:59 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 69
Posted By Rob Morley
Is there anybody here that can read?

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:50:47 +0100
"Focus" wrote:

Henri Cartier-Bresson's most famous picture was taken by pure
accident/coincidence.

Photojournalism: f8 and be there ...

Showing results 1 to 25 of 119