Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Forum: In The Darkroom March 27th 11, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Contact Sheet/Callier Effect?

On 3/27/2011 6:21 AM, Paul Giverin wrote:
In message
, Len
writes
I have not been on this group for...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 4th 11, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Flocking for Kiev 88 backs

On 3/3/2011 7:50 PM, Lew wrote:
I see this leaking darkslide fix is another diy, to be accomplished
with flocking. Question is what's the best source& how thick should
the paper be?

If your...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 22nd 11, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/22/2011 11:47 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
In ,
Nicholas O. wrote:
"Richard ...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 22nd 11, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/21/2011 3:55 PM, Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Richard wrote
I have a prototype Angulon, its awful.

The two good samples I have had were both 'Linhoff'...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 19th 11, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/18/2011 5:15 PM, Donn Cave wrote:
Quoth (Thor Lancelot Simon):
| On the other hand, maybe it's not "uncharacteristic". Wollensak made
| some awful Tessar lenses and so...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 17th 11, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/17/2011 2:32 AM, Richard Knoppow wrote:
If your Wide-Field Ektar has satisfactory contrast and
color rendering its a good indication that the problem with
the C-E was not the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 16th 11, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/15/2011 8:24 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

While its possible the coatings account for the
difference I think something else must be happening. What I
suspect is that the cement in the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 15th 11, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/14/2011 8:52 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/14/2011 3:57 PM spake thus:

On 2/14/2011 2:32 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

In...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 15th 11, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/14/2011 2:32 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
In ,
wrote:

From my use, it's a very nice lens given a bad...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 14th 11, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/14/2011 8:37 AM, Cheesehead wrote:

Thanks all.
It looks like my understanding of this lens is in error and that the
rear cell needs to be replaced.
Bummer.

Honestly, you're probably...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 14th 11, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/13/2011 3:22 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

However, the Geronar is a Cooke Triplet, a
three-element, air-apaced lens with no cemented surfaces.
Its of high quality and such lenses are...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 13th 11, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/12/2011 12:33 PM, Jean-David Beyer wrote:

Cheesehead wrote:
I'm not absolutely certain about the Geronar formula. It is reported
to be a Tessar.
That said, the rear should be a...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 11th 11, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/11/2011 8:27 AM, Cheesehead wrote:

that also has me puzzled. It is described as a Tessar, but I am only
going by what I can find.

Where did you see that? EVERY source I found, except...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 11th 11, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/10/2011 10:14 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/10/2011 4:54 PM Cheesehead spake thus:

On Feb 10, 4:53 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

It's not clear you've tried...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 11th 11, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/10/2011 7:54 PM, Cheesehead wrote:

I have, of course, unscrewed the cell from the shutter and observed
that the fogging is inside the rear cell.

Hmm that's odd. It should be a single...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 11th 11, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/10/2011 3:47 PM, Cheesehead wrote:

I'm not absolutely certain about the Geronar formula. It is reported
to be a Tessar.

Not sure who told you that but it's not a tessar, it's a triplet....
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 10th 11, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/9/2011 10:41 AM, Cheesehead wrote:

And the rear has a ring holding it in place, which should be removable
easily with a spanner wrench.

I'm not sure what you are saying here but do NOT...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 10th 11, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/9/2011 10:41 AM, Cheesehead wrote:

Thanks all.
Since the Geronar is a Tessar,

Actually this is a triplet lens, not a tessar.

I have one and they work well, it has better bokeh IMHO than...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 13th 11, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/13/2011 9:04 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2011.01.12 21:51 , wrote:

What I find odd is he is TELLING me I am upset about this after my
saying multiple times I'm not!...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 13th 11, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/13/2011 9:09 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Do I care about Stephe's condition? Only to the point that if she'd stop
worrying about what all those nasty gear heads say, it would allow her
the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 13th 11, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/12/2011 10:47 PM, shiva das wrote:

You see he _knows_ that you are in fact terribly upset, and that you are
abysmally ignorant of that fact. That's why he has to keep repeating it
--...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 13th 11, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/12/2011 8:36 PM, shiva das wrote:
In ,
David wrote:

On 1/12/2011 5:16 AM Alan Browne spake...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 12th 11, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/11/2011 4:56 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2011.01.11 14:19 , wrote:
On 1/11/2011 8:12 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Whatever. Focus on _your_ photography and don't worry...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 11th 11, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/11/2011 8:12 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Whatever. Focus on _your_ photography and don't worry about others
attitudes, and, IMO, you'll enjoy life and photography much more.

Actually I've...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 11th 11, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
No need to know anything..

On 1/10/2011 7:29 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2011.01.10 12:28 , wrote:
On 1/9/2011 6:35 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

But in the end, why should it offend you so much?...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125