Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RonB
Forum: Digital Photography July 18th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
Posted By RonB
Permission to Shoot ?

I think your approach was pretty good. You signaled your desire to take a
picture and mom indicated "no". A satisfactory outcome for both, even
though you didn't get your shot.

A local schoolbus...
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 07, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By RonB
Pentax K10D - Color Changes During Editing

"Charles Gillen" gillen@hisdotcom wrote in message
"RonB" wrote:

I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager - . During the save...
Forum: Digital Photography May 30th 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By RonB
Pentax K10D - Color Changes During Editing

I have a brand new K10D and just finished my first few days of playing.
Weather has not been kind, with several days of rain and gloomy weather.
When I downloaded the first batch I decided to edit a...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 07, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By RonB
Digital prints at home are a PITA

Spell it out for them:

W-a-l-M-a-r-t.

Highest quality available - No.

Good enough for most of our relatives - Yes.

I just sent an 8x10 over to a local store for our son and daughter-in-law.
They...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By RonB
Did it - K10D

Well, after months of agonizing over K10D vs K-100D I ordered a K-10D and a
couple of SanDisk 512 cards this afternoon. Looking forward to playing with
it and my bag full of legacy K-mount...
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By RonB
Pentax K Series - First Year Opinions

Hey thanks. I have been lusting over the K10D but I really think the K100
is enough. I, like you, have old Pentax bodies and lenses that are driving
me toward a Pentax buy. Plus I have been very...
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By RonB
Pentax K Series - First Year Opinions

The Pentax K Series cameras are a little past their 1/2 year (K10) and 1
year (K100D, K110D) times-on-market. How about some hand-on owner's
impression of these cameras?

- Oveall quality
-...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 07, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 73
Posted By RonB
VT Shooting

Hey - If you want to open a gun debate go over to rec.outdoors.rv-travel.
Those guys can run a string to 200-400 posts without batting an eye.

Bye Now!

RonB

"Rod" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 07, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,microsoft.public.pocketpc
Replies: 17
Posted By RonB
my story -- Lexar SD card

Let me put an old Tool-Buyer's spin on your experince. I am more of a
woodworker than a photographer. But I have been dabbeling in both for 25-30
years.

We started seeing a lot of machine tools...
Forum: Digital Photography April 14th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 11
Posted By RonB
Is hand-retouching almost dead?

Talk about timing. It is done, but digitally. My wife and I have been
scanning and filing a bunch of OLD family pictures. Some are sepia and have
lots of scratches, blotches, etc. I just spent...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By RonB
Digital tripod?

Actually, I think I have been had!

Not at all............

He-He! -- I was talking about me. Perhaps if I add a battery pack to my old
SLIK 212 I could consider it digital. I did just have...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By RonB
Digital tripod?

Actually, I think I have been had!

RonB

"RonB" wrote in message
In looking at the comments offered so far I'm having trouble sifting...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By RonB
Digital tripod?

In looking at the comments offered so far I'm having trouble sifting the
serious stuff from the ....well, the BS.

Other than spending large amounts of cash, and bragging rights, why would
you need...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 06, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By RonB
Uploading to internet for storage while travelling

If you expect to have access to computers, why not pack a handful of CDs or
DVDs? They do not take much space. We do normally carry a laptop, but on
occasion we use the services of local...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By RonB
This is Your Year-End Conscience Speaking....

I know this little reminder doesn't apply to most of you but...

This morning I read an article in the local paper about memory failure. It
brought back a very unhappy memory from a year or so ago....
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 06, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 57
Posted By RonB
Screwed by Canon rebate.

Canon, the next time I'm in the market for a product I'll remember this
incident.

You, my friend, are not the only one.

A year ago I bought a laptop package from COMP USA. The package...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By RonB
Need a P&S for my wife...suggestions?

Have you found a flash which isn't?

Well, actually it isn't quite up to the 608 feet cited above. Maybe 6-8
feet.

RonB
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By RonB
Need a P&S for my wife...suggestions?

We have had one of the Fuji's (3.2MP, Model 210 I believe). I have always
shot 35mm; and when we received it as a Christmas gift three years ago I
kinda thought of it as a toy. However, it has...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 28th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 917
Posted By RonB
Pentax not viable??

I'm sorry I missed the front end of this string because I have been doing
some soul-searching myself regarding this subject. I have a bag full of
Pentax gear that I started accumulating nearly 30...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 28th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1,073
Posted By RonB
Pentax not viable??

I'm sorry I missed the front end of this string because I have been doing
some soul-searching myself regarding this subject. I have a bag full of
Pentax gear that I started accumulating nearly 30...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1,087