Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: if
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By if
Revolutionary use of digital images

Derek Fountain wrote:

It's not often a Micros**t technology demonstration draws gasps of
astonishment from a live audience, nor, if I'm honest, a great deal of
respect...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By if
How to take a picture of a picture?

if wrote:

wrote:

A friend of mine suggested that I try taking a picture of the pictures
with my digital camera.

It sounds like you are...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By if
How to take a picture of a picture?

wrote:

I am currently trying to save old family photographs, and I have
successfully scanned dozens of old photographs. Some of the
photographs do not scan well, and some of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By if
Kodachrome pallet with Digital post processing?

"dosferatu" wrote:

One of the best explanations I heard for comparing different types of
film (remember film?) was that each one had a "pallet" of colors.

Is there any...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By if
Image manipulation

Rob Morley wrote:

In article , if
says...
Rob Morley wrote:
Selective exposure...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,alt.design.graphics
Replies: 41
Posted By if
Questions on film scanning, TIF files

Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:
WRONG! JPEG supports lossless encoding.

Whilst the JPEG standard provides for lossless encoding, I've yet to see a
program which...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By if
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07 - noise problems

"BuzzyBee" wrote:

I have read many reviews about the noise problems with the 7.1MP
Panasonic FX07. My husband bought me one yesterday as I've been
wanting to get a P&S...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By if
Help needed to buy P&S digicam

"BuzzyBee" wrote:
I've just been reading up
various reviews on the Lumix FX07 and nearly all talk about the poor
quality images and noise problems.

Can anyone else...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 07, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
Posted By if
Focal length of digital camera lenses

Paul Rubin wrote:

if writes:
Not in mine. Panasonice describe it only as 1/2.5" which is 10mm.

1/2.5" means the sensor is the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By if
Manual shutter speed on compact?

wrote:
Does anyone know whether there is a digital compact on the market which
allows manual shutter speed control, or at least a very slow shutter
speed? My last compact...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 06, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By if
Which Software

"Jerry" wrote:

I then want to
load them into the computer, extract the image I want, enlarge it,
crop it, and enhance it. Subsequently I'll store them, perhaps...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 06, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By if
IrfanView - losing navigation

Terry Pinnell wrote:
It may well be some problem totally unrelated to the excellent
IrfanView. Particularly as I am also sometimes getting very slow
opening of my...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By if
Astronauts Always Pick the Nikkor For Zero-G

Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:

Just look at all those beautiful Nikkors floating around in zero-g. It's
just another example of taking the proper tools with you when you have...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By if
Why do some eyes twinkle?

" wrote:

Hi,
I notice that on TV and in movies, possibly in real life, that some of
the actor's eyes twinkle more than others. I am talking about more
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By if
Multiply Resizing

Toke Eskildsen wrote:

All the other tools mentioned are GUI-based, which might or might not
be what ace wants. When I think "quantity", I think command line tools,
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 06, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By if
ISO vz Zoom trade off ( Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 ) ?

B Thomas wrote:

1) When does one really need high ISO (what kind of photographs).
I like to do some night photography too of nature and cities.

Only use it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 06, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By if
What's an easy way to enter EXIF data?

Eugene wrote:

Peter Jason wrote:

After this, I want the option of burning a
watermark from EXIF in small type across the
bottom of the image (so as to be unobtrusive)
to...
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 06, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By if
does the noise factor in FZ50 really bother??

"Saint" wrote:

will filters like polariser, ND etc...help??

For compacts avoid anything which decreases exposure. Avoid filters and
higher ISO settings as much as...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By if
Ultracompact with DVD quality movie recording?

CM wrote:

Wondered if such a thing existed.

I've got an Exilim Z57 - 5 megapixel and entirely decent but for the
pixellated movies it produces. Coming up to...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By if
distortion free wide angle lens

"bacra" wrote:

http://fullygeek.com/2006/12/distortion-free-wide-angle-lens/

This would not be a distortion free image: what they are actually talking
about is...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By if
attn glass photographers

David Welch wrote:
Secondly, and most likely the cause for much debate, how much should I
charge per shot when photos are used for online marketing...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By if
Unreadable JPG Files on CD

"Charles Schuler" wrote:

All of the files were viewable on the hard drive prior to me copying
over to the CD. I specifically checked them as I wanted to archive
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 06, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By if
Prints - who does the best digital prints on the UK high street?

wrote:

I've taken my ditigal pictures to Jessops and found that the fine
detail and richness in the pictures just isn't turning up in a physical
print. They seem to have a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 06, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By if
Unreadable JPG Files on CD

tallen wrote:
I have a CD with a large quantity of family photos all .jpgs taken
between 1999 and 2003. The CD was supposed to be my archive before I
wiped the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 2nd 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By if
Editing software advice needed

"Charles Schuler" wrote:

If you are really strapped ... try Irfanview. Photoshop Elements is a
terrific value and should run on your computer.

For freeware, GIMP...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34