Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: thehick
Forum: Digital Photography May 3rd 07, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By thehick
Always disapponted by my (digital) pictures

On May 3, 12:40 pm, Jim Townsend wrote:
Do you realize that you can edit your Pentax images to increase the
brightness, contrast and saturation and that most people...
Forum: Digital Photography May 2nd 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By thehick
Selecting Photos for Slideshow

On May 2, 5:18 pm, One4All wrote:
I want to produce DVDs of photos that I & others have taken of my
family over a long period of time.
snip
I just recently started to host...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By thehick
Organising Photos on Hard Drive

On Apr 22, 4:02 pm, nospam wrote:
In article , Robin
I have just scanned all my 35mm film, which has spurred me to...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By thehick
How do you store/back up your photos?

On Feb 18, 6:50 pm, jmc wrote:
Point #2 is my selection for best method. Basically, I set up another
machine with, again, plenty of hard drive space...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By thehick
How do you store/back up your photos?

On Feb 18, 9:58 am, wrote:
Following the same discussion about backing up image files, I have a
question which someone can help. When you are talking abut backing up,
do...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By thehick
How do you store/back up your photos?

For now DVDs are the cheapest form of storage and are pretty much safe
from accidental deletions of all the images. I buy the DVDs when
they are on sale at Costco for $20 for a 100 pack,...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By thehick
How do you store/back up your photos?

So. How many GB of photos do you have, and how do you back them up?

One responder summarized and I've added the point numbers:

As everyone knows, the choices to store photos in digital format...
Forum: Digital Photography February 11th 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By thehick
F/Stop Settings on Casio Exilim Z750

On Feb 10, 8:57 pm, "Buttons" wrote:
I'm taking a beginning digital photog class, and one of the
assignments calls for taking the same shot with different f/stop
Forum: Digital Photography December 21st 06, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By thehick
Problems Reading SD Card with XtraDrive USB Reader

Bill A wrote:
Hi:

I purchased an XtraDrive Portable Card Reader to read my SD Card via
the USB Port on a computer.

The Card is a SanDisk 128 MB Card
good luck. i had two different...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By thehick
Pbase or ???

Raphael Bustin wrote:
I don't know all the options. I think you need one of
their "Linux plans" to get access to PHP.
I just wanted to point out that pbase isn't a very serious
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By thehick
Pbase or ???

JC Dill wrote:
On 9 Dec 2006 05:46:43 -0800, "thehick" wrote:

I wouldn't want to use
a site called SmugMug. Just sounds funny to me.

If you base your decisions on...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By thehick
Pbase or ???

Raphael Bustin wrote:
Godaddy.com has hosting plans from $4.00 per month
and up. It'll cost about $25 to register your domain name
for the first itme, and maybe $10 per year to keep it
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By thehick
Pbase or ???

JC Dill wrote:
You prefer the ad-infested interface at webshots?

I hate webshots. I hate it when friends email me a webshots URL.
Half the time I don't bother going and looking because their...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By thehick
Pbase or ???

Kitt wrote:
See what you think of webshots.com?

well, until now I have never thought of it. I signed up for the
free account and am testing it. tonight it was fast, easy
to use as a member and...
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 06, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By thehick
Pbase or ???

,,,
Do you have to log on to *view* galleries??!!
looks like that to me. that's a "show-stopper".

i want to post my shots, tag them and then group them by tags
so friends can see them as i...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15