Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dr. Joel M. Hoffman
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 28th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
exposure for lightning?

With the lightning storms expected this afternoon, I'm going to try
to take some daytime pictures of lightning. Does anyone have any
advice on exposure? The lightning is visible during the day, so...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 28th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 20
lightning exposure?

With the linghtning storms expected this afternoon, I'm going to try
to take some daytime pictures of lightning. Does anyone have any
advice on exosure? The lightning is visible during the day, so...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 28th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
best lens on a P&S?

Best P&S [daylight 2nd] is the Sigma DP1:

http://www.sigma-dp1.com/

Sure is a cute website, though it gets annoying if you're really
trying to learn something about the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 28th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
best lens on a P&S?

Best P&S [daylight 2nd] is the Sigma DP1:

http://www.sigma-dp1.com/

Sure is a cute website, though it gets annoying if you're really
trying to learn something about the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 28th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
best lens on a P&S?

I should add that I'm not interested in any post-processing. These
are pictures that are going right from the camera to the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 28th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
best lens on a P&S?

I should add that I'm not interested in any post-processing. These
are pictures that are going right from the camera to the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 27th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
best lens on a P&S?

If its a second camera it may be worth sacrificing a bit of quality for
something useful like it being waterproof.
I take my optio wp with me whatever the weather. It is unaffected by rain,...
Forum: Digital Photography May 27th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
best lens on a P&S?

If its a second camera it may be worth sacrificing a bit of quality for
something useful like it being waterproof.
I take my optio wp with me whatever the weather. It is unaffected by rain,...
Forum: Digital Photography May 27th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
best lens on a P&S?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a P&S to complement my
Canon 30D, for those times when I can't or don't want to bring along a
heavy expensive camera.

But I'm demanding.

So I'm wondering...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 27th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
best lens on a P&S?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a P&S to complement my
Canon 30D, for those times when I can't or don't want to bring along a
heavy expensive camera.

But I'm demanding.

So I'm wondering...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 29th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

Yah, those are snowy...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

Yah, those are snowy...
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
18x optical

With 18x optical zoom, the camera really should have IS or you'll end up
carrying a tripod.

In my experience, you can make up for lack of a tripod by bracing the
camera against any hard immobile...
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
$1000 choices

So you have $1000 to blow today and you don't have to spend all of it if you
don't want to....what digital camera would you buy?

$1,000 is just a bit too little. I'd spend $1,200 and get the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
What kind of bird is this?

[re http://www.posted-online.com/NWC/ and
http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/ ]

And--the pictures on your site are wonderful. How about sharing some
information about your tools and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 10th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

[re http://www.posted-online.com/NWC/ and
http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/ ]

And--the pictures on your site are wonderful. How about sharing some
information about your tools and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 10th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

I think it's an Igret, but I'd like...
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

I think it's an Igret, but I'd like...
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

That's Spike's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 10th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

That's Spike's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 10th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

[

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

which shows, apparently, a Great Blue Heron. ]

FWIW, to me it doesn't look anything close to a GBH from what these sites
show:
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
What kind of bird is this?

[

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

which shows, apparently, a Great Blue Heron. ]

FWIW, to me it doesn't look anything close to a GBH from what these sites
show:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 10th 07, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

I think it's an Igret, but I'd...
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 07, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

I think it's an Igret, but I'd...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 9th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
What kind of bird is this?

A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me identify
the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

I think it's an Igret, but I'd like to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125