Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.56 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David J Taylor[_16_]
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 12, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 298
Where to get parts for a Nikon D5000 SLR, with DX VR: AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens?

"Arklin K." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:28:53 +0100, David J Taylor wrote:

Most review sites (and their readers) are interested in new cameras...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 12, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 298
Where to get parts for a Nikon D5000 SLR, with DX VR: AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens?

"Arklin K." wrote in message ...
[]
While this is my fault for buying these cameras, I 'do' fault the review
web sites like DPReview which don't review reliability...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 12, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
[]
So you basically blame your tools and your tool maker. It's
a poor craftsman who blames his tools. ...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 12, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message

David, DO try to use the same quoting style as everyone else here.
That may not be a hard rule where you go...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 12, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 51
Something wrong with the Fuji X-Pro 1 test on Dpreview

"Joe Kotroczo" wrote in message ...

On 29/06/2012 14:47, David J Taylor wrote:
"Me" wrote in message ...
[]
He looked...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 12, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 51
Something wrong with the Fuji X-Pro 1 test on Dpreview

"Me" wrote in message ...
[]
He looked roman to me - who the hell is that guy? Has there ever been a
famous Canadian?
===============================

The...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 12, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Software to check if images are blurred

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message

Mxsmanic wrote:
Martin Brown writes:

It seems to be a serious fault in Windows...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 12, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
u4/3 beaten by a phone

"Me" wrote in message ...

http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_blind_test-review-773p3.php
===============================

Thanks for posting that. On looking at...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 12, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
First images of Nikon D600 with 24 MP FX sensor

Damn!
You seem over sensitive and self opinionated for somebody who has
chosen to live in Barrow, Alaska.
It seems the compensation for existing in that isolation must be that
you are the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 12, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Not photo related: Raspberry Pi computers, financing production with pre-payments?

I'm curious to see how (and if) it can run video at all.

Yes, it can. Quite well, I hear.

David
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 12, 05:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Can this be done in IrfanView?

Thanks David. Perhaps I'm exaggerating the slowness. And I'm referring to
the speed from a cold start, not with PSP8 already running.

A 4000 x 3000 JPG takes about 6 seconds to open using R-click ...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 12, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Can this be done in IrfanView?

If only PaintShopPro 8 wasn't so slow to load and heavy on resources that
would be my obvious choice, as I'm so familiar with it.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
================================

Terry,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 12, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Not photo related: Raspberry Pi computers, financing production with pre-payments?

"RichA" wrote in message

They have been very slow to ramp-up production of this product, some
people being told they will...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 12, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

It seems to be a serious fault in Windows Brain Dead Mail program Usenet
is littered with posts where replies are in the signature block of the
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 12, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Dpreview now like the American space program

"Savageduck" wrote in message
You

really need to keep up with recent news.

Regards,

Savageduck
======================================
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 12, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

It is your news client that is *totally* screwed up and not my quoting!

Everything you post is put into the previous posters signature block see
above. Any correctly conforming news or email client...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 12, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

In article , David J Taylor says...
Please be careful with your quoting - I...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 12, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

"Martin Brown" wrote in message ...

On 21/06/2012 07:41, David J Taylor wrote:
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 12, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Software to check if images are blurred

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/fix-blurred-photos-free-software.htm

However this deblur utility looks interesting. How well does it perform?
BTW, 5-10 minutes for a 10MP photo is slow.
--...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 12, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Help - I have to shoot a wedding.

My sister wants me to photograph my niece's wedding in 5 weeks time. I
normally take pictures at carnivals, sports events, the street, pride
marches, art and music festivals and local motorsport...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 12, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

David J Taylor writes:

Then you will be delighted to hear the ban has bee revoked.

Good. Has the party...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 12, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 03:54:08 -0700 (PDT), RichA...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 12, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
First images of Nikon D600 with 24 MP FX sensor

For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having...
Forum: Digital Photography June 6th 12, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 54
[SI] Doors - "The Words"

Get over it. The SI has been a part of the photo NGs for years, and if
it disturbs you that, much filter on [SI], or kill file any of the
obvious SI participants. That should result in a very...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125