Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 1.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_]
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 5th 10, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Discussion of current 35mm film & processing?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Now *that* I didn't know. I wonder how hard it would be for someone to
re-slit and perforate it to make 35mm film? And how much they'd have to
charge us to do...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 3rd 10, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Mail-order film processing & scanning services ? (USA)

Al Dykes wrote:
I'd like advice on pre-paid mail-order (is there any other kind these
days?) C41 processing. I want a service that delivers files. I don't
care about the developed film. Is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 3rd 10, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Discussion of current 35mm film & processing?

Andrew Reilly wrote:
Aah, that makes a lot of sense, thanks! Despite liking the fine grain
and smoothness of tone that TMax seemed to be giving me, it is also
noticably flatter/duller and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 31st 10, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Discussion of current 35mm film & processing?

Peter Irwin wrote:

I have also made the mistake of developing it in straight Microdol-X.
The grain is very fine indeed, and actual resolution seems fine too,
but the acutance was poor.

But...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 31st 10, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Discussion of current 35mm film & processing?

Jeff R. wrote:
I've got a couple of rolls of 100TMAX waiting for a bath, and then I've
inherited a couple of hundred metres of FP4 & HP5 from a school photography
class gone digital. ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 30th 10, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Discussion of current 35mm film & processing?

Jeff R. wrote:
I bought a (small) joblot of 125ASA B/W film on eBay, branded "Lucky" - made
in China.

Self-processed, it came out grainier than 1600ASA and about two stops too
thin.
I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 21st 10, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 122
Another tiny nail ...

ASCII wrote:
I definitely can relate and have wondered myself if the recent (5-10 yr epoch)
spurt is just a sort of catchup phenomena or indicative of some major
revolutionary technology shift...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 19th 10, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 122
Another tiny nail ...

Bruce wrote:
Film isn't dead, but its position as a mass market medium for
photography is coming to an end. Emerging economies are going
directly to digital, so film is rapidly becoming a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 4th 10, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
film speed for old films

Sorry, but I have lost the original thread. I was posting about film speed
of pre-WWII films to compare with modern film in a Kodak Brownie camera.

It just so happens that Popular Science has made...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 4th 10, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
The new C-41 films..

wrote:

If I was shooting a very high contrast scene, I'd be concerned that a
high contrast film would either blow out the high lights or block up the
shadows, even with...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 4th 10, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
The new C-41 films..

wrote:

If I was shooting a very high contrast scene, I'd be concerned that a
high contrast film would either blow out the high lights or block up the
shadows, even with...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 3rd 10, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
The new C-41 films..

wrote:

Why in the world would you use a high contrast film to shoot in high
contrast conditions? O.o That makes absolutely no sense at all. That
would be like saying "I...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 2nd 10, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
The new C-41 films..

wrote:

I've had fun shooting B&W film in old box cameras, you never know if you
might luck into good exposures with that brownie :-)

Assuming the person operating the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 27th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 38
PING: Scott W

Alan Browne wrote:
So, the important question is: digital or film? Would you really risk
these historical photos on anything other than film???

If they are "historical photos" shouldn't they...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 10, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
BW developing

Rol_Lei Nut wrote:
I use R09, which apparently really *is* Rodinal.
Like Rodinal, it's supposed to be pretty bomb-proof and good even if
(when!) it turns dark brown.

You might be...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 10, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
BW developing

David Nebenzahl wrote:
I'm sure my developer "syrups" (Rodinal and Kodak HC-110) will be good
for many years to come.

There are two kinds of HC-110, the syrup sold in the US and a lighter...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 10, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
BW developing

Peter Huebner wrote:

Well dang: I was told Ilford no longer make films and paper, and there
they are, good old fp4 and hp5 ...

It's a little more complicated than that. Ilford used to sell...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 14th 10, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
BW developing

rwalker wrote:
Taking off from another thread here, does anyone have a good,
understandable recipe for developing black and white film. As someone
said, it's not rocket science, but some of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 11th 10, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 226
New DSLR lenses from Nikon

Peter wrote:
Almost right. What you call a sales tax is actually a use tax. If a purchase
is made for resale, or to be shipped outside the taxing jurisdiction, the
purchase is usually...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 11th 10, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
New DSLR lenses from Nikon

Peter wrote:
Almost right. What you call a sales tax is actually a use tax. If a purchase
is made for resale, or to be shipped outside the taxing jurisdiction, the
purchase is usually...
Forum: Digital Photography February 11th 10, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
New DSLR lenses from Nikon

Peter wrote:
Almost right. What you call a sales tax is actually a use tax. If a purchase
is made for resale, or to be shipped outside the taxing jurisdiction, the
purchase is usually...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 30th 09, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Konica A4 won't wind film

Bill Graham wrote:

Why spend the big bucks on a lithium? - buy the cheapest battery you can
find that supplies the required voltage, and use it as a test. Then, if it
works OK, buy the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 30th 09, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Konica A4 won't wind film

Fred McKenzie wrote:

If you fire the camera with no film in it, does it try to advance the
film anyway? If so, then you might try exercising it for several shots
and see if the lubricants...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 29th 09, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Konica A4 won't wind film

Robert Coe wrote:
In the early days of electronic flash, if you let a unit sit around too long
without being used, you had to turn it on for several minutes a few times to
"re-form the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 29th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Konica A4 won't wind film

Rol_Lei Nut wrote:

Just the obvious: Checking that the battery is charged and that the
contacts are clean....

Thanks, I seem to remember a comment someone once made about there being...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26