Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AaronW
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 9th 06, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By AaronW
sunpack flash - can i use on my canon rebel?

graceface wrote:
A friend gave me a Sunpack Auto 355AF hot shoe external flash but am having
trouble getting it to sync up with my Canon Rebel XT. Can they work together?
Is there some secret?...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 7th 06, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 69
Posted By AaronW
Stepping Up to DSLR - Canon 350D

JPH wrote:
Bill wrote:
More than likely you'll want a 70-200 or 70-300 lense for more reach
to get you closer to the action.

How much money am i looking to spend for this kind of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 4th 06, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By AaronW
Impossible to rationally pick a winner? (10 meg DSLRS)

RichA wrote:
The current crop of 10 meg DSLRs. Olympus, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Pentax
and Samsung.
Lets say you had no irrational fealty to a specific brand. Given the
specs and noting that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 2nd 06, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 90
Posted By AaronW
Why are the new DX lenses so slow?

Steve wrote:
Nikon and Canon both. I have lenses for my old F100 that are faster than
what both companies are offering. I mean f2.8 or less and a constant speed
through the zoom range. Does...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 2nd 06, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By AaronW
Sharpest Canon 1.6 crop lens

Protoncek (ex.SleeperMan) wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
You can't use the 17-85 wide
open, and even when stopped down to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 2nd 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By AaronW
Sharpest Canon 1.6 crop lens

Protoncek (ex.SleeperMan) wrote:
Ok, one
option is 24-105, but it lacks some wide end, though...maybe some 10-22
would be needed in this case...
what would you say about 24-105 lens ? It's an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 2nd 06, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By AaronW
Sharpest Canon 1.6 crop lens

Bill wrote:
This is just my opinion, but Canon needs to make a good consumer "kit"
lense that performs well for a reasonable price. That means something
without IS and covers a decent walk...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 1st 06, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
Posted By AaronW
Mirror lens

Peter wrote:
Quality TCs on good lenses perform very well with only small
percentage loss in detail and contrast. In general, you will
probably get better performance from a quality...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 1st 06, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By AaronW
Longevity of APS-C Format

wrote:
AaronW wrote:
When full frame gets down to $1000, 1.6x will be about $300. They will
stop making expensive EF-S lenses for the cheap 1.6x cameras by then.

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 29th 06, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By AaronW
Sharpest Canon 1.6 crop lens

wrote:
Ok forget build quality...forget focus luxuries...forget super wide open apertures.

What is the best IQ standard zoom when stopped down from between f8 to f16. This...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 29th 06, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By AaronW
Longevity of APS-C Format

panabiker wrote:
I recently bought an Rebel XT and realized that the so called "digital"
lense does not cover 35mm format. Now the question is, how long will it
be before the manufacturers...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 28th 06, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By AaronW
seeking advice on buying a new camera

wrote:
I am in the market for a digital camera
I had a canon A60 and it got dropped,
so i am looking for advice on what is on the market
i want to be able to take...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 28th 06, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By AaronW
Just got new 70-300 Canon IS lens!

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
DHB wrote:
Canon's EF 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM is a very
good lens for the money. As you probably already know *IS/VR*...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By AaronW
Lens Caps

Holley wrote:
I use lens hoods on all my lenses. The problem is the lens caps. With the
hood in place, my fat fingers can't install or remove those caps that only
have the release grips on the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By AaronW
Any future for Pentax?

Is there any Pentax site that has lens MTF?

http://digitcamera.tripod.com/#slr
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By AaronW
What is your lightweight SLR travel kit?

THO wrote:
I'm finding that I don't carry my SLR as much as I should because of the
weight. I'm curious - what are others carrying for a lightweight travel
kit and what do you consider an...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 20th 06, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

THO wrote:
I'm finding that I don't carry my SLR as much as I should because of the
weight. I'm curious - what are others carrying for a lightweight travel
kit and what do you consider an...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 06, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

THO wrote:
I'm finding that I don't carry my SLR as much as I should because of the
weight. I'm curious - what are others carrying for a lightweight travel
kit and what do you consider an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By AaronW
Canon 70-300 IS USM lens availability

Paul J Gans wrote:
AaronW wrote:
Paul J Gans wrote:
AaronW wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote:
AaronW wrote:
I'd consider 70-200/2.8 IS...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By AaronW
The next major change for Canon and Nikon

"AaronW" wrote in message
Protoncek (ex.SleeperMan) wrote:
"RichA"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By AaronW
Canon 70-300 IS USM lens availability

Paul J Gans wrote:
AaronW wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote:
AaronW wrote:
I'd consider 70-200/2.8 IS instead. The constant f/4 is not brighter at
the short end, and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By AaronW
Canon 70-300 IS USM lens availability

Paul J Gans wrote:
AaronW wrote:
DHB wrote:
Thanks again for the information. At the moment I am hoping
Santa (me) will buy me a EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM. This...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By AaronW
The next major change for Canon and Nikon

Protoncek (ex.SleeperMan) wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message
Problem is, the cheap 70-300 is the same kind of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By AaronW
The next major change for Canon and Nikon

Tom Ross wrote:
On 17 Sep 2006 08:32:19 -0700, "RichA" wrote:
MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:
RichA wrote:
Dust control was the first one. The second...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 18th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By AaronW
The next major change for Canon and Nikon

Pete D wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message
Dust control was the first one. The second one is going to be
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125