Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gisle Hannemyr
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 4th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
external flash for my Canon 350D

"Dave" writes:
Just started to think about Christmas. Father Christmas was good to
me last year with a new Sigma lens 18-125. This year I'm thinking
of an external flash for...
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
wedding photography and DSLR?

"peter" writes:
Nowadays, many pros shoot weddings with DSLRs, some even shoot with
amateurish DSLR (non full-frame sensor).

Do modern customers no longer need enlargement,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
D200 or D300{ Which better for

Alan Calan writes:
I was under the impression that a non DX lens would give you 1.6
more magnification than the DX lenses with the D200.

The camera magnifies (by cropping...
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 07, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
New to Digital

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" writes:
Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

For more about how sensor sizes affect images, see:
http://hannemyr.com/photo/crop.html
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 07, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
New to Digital

---@--- (Robert Scott) writes:
In using 35mm film, I appreciated the various manual overrides to
automatic settings, such as apperature, shutter speed, and focus.

You find these on digital SLRs...
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 07, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Nikon D-80 Question from newbie

"Sitara Lal" writes:
My D-80 has Image Quality set to 'RAW + JPEG Normal' and Image Size set to
Large (3872x2592).

Yet, when I open the images in Photoshop...
Forum: Digital Photography August 30th 07, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Making sense of the sensor size?

dj_nme writes:
wrote:

You'll also hear of "APS" size sensors, a size of film also
smaller than 35mm.

A good example is the sensor...
Forum: Digital Photography August 27th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Taking images from xxx dpi to 300 dpi

sberry writes:

Okay, I have read all about the relevance of the term dpi and it's
relation to on-screen / print.

Probably not, or you would have realized that the most...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Street Photography; What to do with people pictures on my website?

ssim writes:
Someone just taking shots on the street can publish them on their
website but cannot sell them for a commercial enterprise.

Well, they can sell them. ...
Forum: Digital Photography May 21st 07, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Does Canon 30D Pre-fire Speedlight?

Seán O'Leathlóbhair writes:
On 14 May, 22:55, geek wrote:

Hi, all. I'm an old-time A2 user and I always hated the pre-fire of
the Speedlight...
Forum: Digital Photography May 21st 07, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Lens perspective distortion and DSLR crop factor

writes:
I attended the Rocky Mountain School of Photography last week and
their equipment guru made a claim that is inconsistent with my
earlier understanding of an issue...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 18th 07, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
field of view crop

David Dyer-Bennet writes:
I'm also not aware of any circular fisheye for cropped DSLRs.

Kenko (Tokina) used to make a 0.16x "fisheye" converter that
gives circular fisheye on a...
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 07, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Can I use an old fashion flash unit with a digital camera?

writes:
I have just bought a Canon PowerShot G7, and this camera has a hot
shoe. Does anybody know wheteher I can use an old fashioned flash
unit with this hot shoe, or...
Forum: Digital Photography May 7th 07, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Flash exposure question

Seán O'Leathlóbhair writes:
I mostly use it for fill in for which is OK but I have just noticed
that it does not seem to do a good job when it is the primary light
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 4th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Nikon D200 for 700 Euros....too good to be true?

"Jack" writes:

Anyone ever heard of this web site?
http://euden.co.uk/items.php?id=13321369

Sure - I've known them since 2004.

They're the scam artists forerly known as...
Forum: Digital Photography May 4th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Jack" writes:

Anyone ever heard of this web site?
http://euden.co.uk/items.php?id=13321369

Sure - I've known them since 2004.

They're the scam artists forerly known as...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 07, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
hello

" writes:
Dear Sir or Madam,
We are a big company mainly operating international trade with
good reputation.Our products include mobile phones,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 1st 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Anyone using a Wein safe sync on a Rebel XT?

"Blah" writes:
"Gautam Majumdar" wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:13:42 +0100, Blah wrote:

Anyone using a Wein safe sync on a Rebel XT? I bought one...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Some flash questions

writes:
A friend, with a bigger budget than me, solves the problem with two
flash guns. One attached directly to the camera and the other
slaved. It occurred to me that it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 28th 07, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Infra-red

(D.M. Procida) writes:
Do all digital cameras have infra-red filters in front of the
sensors?

Most have IR-blocking filters (hot mirrors). Usually...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 28th 07, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
flash unit for Canon Rebel

"Jim and Terri Bomier" writes:
Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

http://hannemyr.com/photo/flash.html

--
- gisle hannemyr [...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 9th 07, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

C J Campbell writes:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:38:17 -0700, Paul Furman wrote

With adobe, you need to use a color managed program to view the
files like...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Does an internet browser infringe on copyright when displayingimages?

"Roy G" writes:
"Eric" wrote in message

If the image is taken out of context of their web page, I.e.
displayed on its own without their...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 07, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
x% gray in digital

"Steven Woody" writes:
what's the pixel value ( from 0 to 255 ) representing a x% gray?
where x ranged from 0 to 100 and gamma is supposed to be 2.2 ( or
1.8 ).

For 18 %...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 15th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Gisle Hannemyr
Using the Zone System for Digital Photography

I've just put up a note about my thoughts on adapting Ansel Adams'
Zone System for digital photography on my website. Please see:

http://hannemyr.com/photo/zonesystem.html

Executive summary;
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45