Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arlen Holder[_3_]
Forum: Digital Photography March 16th 20, 04:02 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 15:41:45 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

I'm still waiting for the assumption you make in that question to be
supported.

The question remains unanswered:
Q: *Does the Apple App...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 20, 08:06 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 00:54:10 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

Android doesn't have it by default...

...so why is it so important in the first place?

What is it you cannot do with the existing,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 20, 07:26 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 07:13:58 -0400, Scott Schuckert wrote:

The only use for a DELAYED screenshot I've ever encountered is in the
preparation of instructional materials. Occasionally, there will...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 20, 07:36 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

For the permanent Usenet record on this simple factual question:
Q: Is there an iOS app that imparts modern snapshot functionality or not?

As an adult, and as a courtesy to other adults on this ng,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 20, 06:38 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 20:39:54 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

Wow...

...you own a bubble balancer...

...worth about $40....

...and yet you still called a brake DRUM a "caliper"...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 20, 02:59 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:22:09 -0400, Scott Schuckert wrote:

Wait - are you really asking if the STORE does that? Or do you mean the
OS or some specific application?

Hi Scott Shhuckert,

While...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 20, 02:16 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:22:09 -0400, Scott Schuckert wrote:

*Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free iOS app capability to*
*snap time delayed screenshots & automatically save the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 20, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 1
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Tutorial to add over a dozen useful tweaks to Android screenshot capabilities & four methods for screenshotting snapshots

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 11:43:27 -0500, kelown wrote:

My Moto G5S+ XT1806 and my brother's Moto G7 Play XT1952-3 both allow
taking instant screenshots by simultaneously pressing your 3 middle
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 20, 04:22 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

*Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free iOS app capability to*
*take time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results*?

Given this fundamental basic modern snapshot...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 20, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 1
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Tutorial to add over a dozen useful tweaks to Android screenshot capabilities & four methods for screenshotting snapshots

TUTORIAL:
o Tutorial to add over a dozen useful tweaks to Android screenshot
capabilities & four methods for screenshotting snapshots

Sans root, the efficient methods I've tested & documented this...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 20, 03:28 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
DXOMark Mobile Phone Camera Quality of Results (the best known smarphone camera output QOR known to date)

UPDATE for the permanent Usenet record...

Apple marketing specializes in selling a mere _illusion_ of functionality.

With respect to smartphone camera quality of results, the facts are thus:
o ...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 20, 03:26 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
DXOMark: Astronomincally expensive iPhone 11 Pro front selfie camera ranks in last place of the top ten in camera quality of results

Apple marketing specializes in selling a mere _illusion_ of functionality.

With respect to smartphone camera quality of results, the facts are thus:
o *7th place* Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
o *21st...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 20, 03:13 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Flagship camera comparison between the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

On Sun, 08 Mar 2020 08:07:18 +0100, wrote:

To people who like the idea of functionality.

Apple specializes in selling the mere _illusion_ of functionality.

Apple sells the "ll" of...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 20, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Flagship camera comparison between the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 11:21:32 -0600, Bill W wrote:
Is this a mobile phone group?

With respect to camera quality of results...

The good news is that DXOMark seems to test all smartphone...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 20, 08:22 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
DXOMark Mobile Phone Camera Quality of Results (the best known smarphone camera output QOR known to date)

Here are the DXOmark test summaries as of today.
o 1 Oppo Find X2 Pro [124]
o 2 Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro [124]
o 3 Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G [123]
o 4 Honor V30 Pro [122]
o 5 Huawei Mate 30 Pro [121]
o...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 20, 08:22 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Flagship camera comparison between the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 19:54:19 +0100, alien wrote:

Some people like me, still using iphone, since I am already in apple
ecosystem and my family members also using the same thing.

Apple is...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 20, 02:54 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Flagship camera comparison between the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 20:04:28 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

*Samsung's Galaxy S20 Ultra* vs /iPhone 11 Pro Max/

*Drop test comparison of Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra versus iPhone 11 Pro...
Forum: Digital Photography March 6th 20, 08:04 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Flagship camera comparison between the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Dateline today... (verbatim below in the bullet exact order of the article)

o Camera Comparison: iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 20, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Apple doesn't want flaws in its OS known

On Fri, 03 Jan 2020 22:54:23 -0500, nospam wrote:

because you want to troll.

You never miss a chance, nospam, to prove your mind is that of a child.
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 20, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Apple doesn't want flaws in its OS known

On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 18:46:44 -0500, nospam wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50956680

as usual, your subject is irrelevant to the link.

I don't know why I bothered, but I clicked...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 19, 09:13 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Google Photos will soon let you zoom in on videos

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 17:06:00 +0200, Bud Spencer wrote:

Be better if they just brought back direct viewing of photos
instead of having to go to websites the photos are located on.

You...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 19, 07:08 PM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
DXOMark Mobile Phone Camera Quality of Results (the best known smarphone camera output QOR known to date)

Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

The detailed itemized reviews are, of course, also on the web site.
o If you...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 19, 12:50 AM Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Google Photos will soon let you zoom in on videos

Dateline today...
o Google Photos will soon let you zoom in on videos
https://ww.9to5google.com/2019/12/23/google-photos-video-zoom/

"Spotted and manually enabled by XDA, Google Photos v4.33
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 19, 07:12 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 33
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 07:24:49 -0600, kelown wrote:

My snapshots display immediately for viewing in my Simple Gallery app.

Hi kelown,

Thanks for answering that question, where I realized today in...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 19, 12:34 AM Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 33
Posted By Arlen Holder[_3_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:27:02 -0500, nospam wrote:

I've jailbroken an iOS device (to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile),

not required.

To spare the _adults_ on this ng the indignity of me having...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42