Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: I
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 07, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By I
Advice on purple fringing

Does your camera come with software for uploading you images to the
computer? If so, maybe the software can reduce the CA (purple fringing). I
shoot Nikon DSLR and use Nikon's software to all but...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 12th 07, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 43
Posted By I
The Yashica-MAT 124G Lives!

I'm on their website right now. Which category did you take second in? Can
you describe the image?

An image captured with a Yashica-MAT 124G won 2nd place in Popular
Photography's August...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 12th 07, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 37
Posted By I
The Yashica-MAT 124G Lives!

I'm on their website right now. Which category did you take second in? Can
you describe the image?

An image captured with a Yashica-MAT 124G won 2nd place in Popular
Photography's August...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 27th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By I
old brownie film..scanning..help

The 4990 may be a little different(?), but each scanner I've used so
far is typical of flatbed scanners. They seem to use lenses with a
very small f/ratio, taking maximum advantage of huge...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 27th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By I
old brownie film..scanning..help

Or maybe just get a piece of single-strength (thin) glass
to place on top of the brownie negative to hold it flat against the
scanner glass, and forgo the film holder.
Jay Ts

I purchased a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 25th 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By I
neg size is 2 3/8 x 3 1/4

"Jay Ts"
How about if you measure one of your negatives, and let us
know how big it is?

I measured my negatives:
Width is 61mm (2 3/8")
Images are apx 60mm X 83mm (2 3/8 x 3 1/4)

I have an...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 25th 07, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By I
old brownie film..scanning..help

That's a good thread. Thanks.

"Matthew Winn" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 01:52:08 -0600, "I"...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 25th 07, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By I
old brownie film..scanning..help

I'm amazed at the quality of b/w pictures that my mom took with her
brownie camera in the 40's to 50's. The film is preserved in pristine
condition.

Now I want to scan all her negatives, but...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 16th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 6
Posted By I
Beattie Intenscreen #83324 for Mamiya RZ

I remember looking into the Maxwell screens, and emailing with the guy that
makes them. You have the option of sending him your old screen and he uses
the frame. Maybe Beatie is the same?...maybe...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 7th 06, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By I
Can you spot the Hasselblad?

"MLIDDELL" wrote in message
So a hassy with one of those is almost the weight of an RB67?
Harrr harrr...you...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 7th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By I
Can you spot the Hasselblad?

I have no idea who that "special" customer is who ordered the lens but
I'm pretty sure he's a billionaire.

My guess is the customer is Al Jazeera.

For spotting and documenting "Buka"...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 14th 06, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
Posted By I
50 mm for RB67

I find the distance scale on the side of the RB67 practically useless even
in the best of light, so yeah...I guess I'll be abbreviating the number of
setting I use for the floating element. It's...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 11th 06, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 47
Posted By I
Still using medium format

This is not a flip answer - I suggest you learn to process it
yourself.

B&W is not hard. You just have to be conscientious about your
measurements, times, and temperatures. You can do it...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 1st 06, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By I
how you guys scan 120 format?

I'm curious how most people work with the large files that result from
scanning medium format at high resolutions. First I'm going to assume that
to get the best quality enlargements nowadays it's...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 30th 06, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By I
how you guys scan 120 format?

Before April 2005 how did you get your film to digital format?

"¡¹¡¸Lonely Boy¡¸¡¹" wrote in message
Yes, all of my photos after April 2005 are...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 30th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By I
how you guys scan 120 format?

L.Boy....were all the images on your site scanned with the EPSON 4990?
You have some fine fine images BTW.
I haven't used my RB67 in years but today I purchased a used 50mm lens that
I've been...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 30th 06, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
Posted By I
50 mm for RB67

I just picked up a used 50mm for RB67 on eBay. $207 USD including shipping,
front lens cap and the square lens hood. I'm in Canada so I'm suspecting
the lens to arrive in three weeks, just in...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 8th 06, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
Posted By I
RB lens part II

And I'm sure there is no shortage of parts, especially a standard part such
as a firing contact.
It might even be owner repairable if you had on of those RB lens repairs
books I always see on...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18