Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DoN. Nichols
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 12th 07, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Selenium Light Meter

According to ASAAR :

[ ... ]

Rats! I didn't RC, so thanks for the correction. Were there
several types of CdS cells? I vaguely recall ads or articles
mentioning "blue"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Dissasembling cleaning old Nikkors

According to Paul Furman :
Robert Brace wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

Photos of the lenses themselves showing the dust inside and assembly/screw
details:
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Robert Brace wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

Photos of the lenses themselves showing the dust inside and assembly/screw
details:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By DoN. Nichols
all cameras

According to jo :
http://xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.blogspot.com

I'm going to a blogspot site spamvertized from an IP address in
India? I think not. Most blogspot sites...
Forum: Digital Photography September 7th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
FA: Canon EOS 5D

According to acl :

[ ... ]

I cycle at least 10-15km every day
with the camera hanging from its strap on my side, and it's...
Forum: Digital Photo Equipment For Sale September 7th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
FA: Canon EOS 5D

According to acl :

[ ... ]

I cycle at least 10-15km every day
with the camera hanging from its strap on my side, and it's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By DoN. Nichols
FA: Canon EOS 5D

According to acl :

[ ... ]

I cycle at least 10-15km every day
with the camera hanging from its strap on my side, and it's...
Forum: Digital Photography September 6th 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
FA: Canon EOS 5D

According to Matt Clara :

[ ... ]

No, pop up flash sucks for everything except sucky family shots from sucky
photographers. Period. I have the D200, and wouldn't use...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By DoN. Nichols
FA: Canon EOS 5D

According to Matt Clara :

[ ... ]

No, pop up flash sucks for everything except sucky family shots from sucky
photographers. Period. I have the D200, and wouldn't use...
Forum: Digital Photo Equipment For Sale September 6th 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
FA: Canon EOS 5D

According to Matt Clara :

[ ... ]

No, pop up flash sucks for everything except sucky family shots from sucky
photographers. Period. I have the D200, and wouldn't use...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 3rd 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By DoN. Nichols
D200 or D300{ Which better for

According to Alan Calan :
I was under the impression that a non DX lens would give you 1.6 more
magnification than the DX lenses with the D200.

Nope. For the Nikons, the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 3rd 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By DoN. Nichols
D200 or D300{ Which better for

According to Alan Calan :
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 19:38:29 GMT, "Jürgen Exner"
wrote:

Alan Calan wrote:
Can you explain what "Live View" is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 07, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Lens Caps

According to Paul J Gans :
David J. Littleboy wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

The later Nikon lens caps can be removed either...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 1st 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Lens Caps

According to David J. Littleboy :

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

The later Nikon lens caps can be removed either with the pinch
on the OD, or with a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 1st 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Lens Caps

According to frederick :
Just Shoot Me wrote:

[ ... ]

My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

Sigma lens...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 23rd 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 35
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Latest Nikon release rumours

According to David Dyer-Bennet :
"Pete D" wrote in
:

I would give up the bull**** ISO 1600...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By DoN. Nichols
D40 & X and Older Lenses

According to Alan :
I recently wrote to you all about buying a camera for a young girl in
high school who shows lots of promise in photography and one for me. I
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 35
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Latest Nikon release rumours

According to Thomas T. Veldhouse :
RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 3:40 am, "Pete D" wrote:
What about ISO 50?

There is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 68
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Wishing To Go DSLR

According to Paul Furman :

[ ... ]

Ah, sorry, wasn't reading the question. Yes the placement

As for the placement -- tape a 3x5 index card (or something
similar) to the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Nikon D200 extra battery

According to Matt Clara :
"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

[ ... ]

I would be more concerned with what it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Nikon D200 extra battery

According to Matt Clara :
"Toni Nikkanen" wrote in message

Given the recent hulabaloo with massive...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Nikon D80.. (.NEF plug-in and other stuff...)

According to maya :

thank you all very much for your responses.. so I guess bottom line is
I need to try Lightroom, Picture Project, or some other imaging sw of
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 8th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Nikon D80.. (.NEF plug-in and other stuff...)

According to gowanoh :
1. Autofocus is the same regardless of shooting mode (P,M, A, S etc.).
However it is easy to misunderstand how to use the multiple autofocus
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 2nd 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By DoN. Nichols
Long exposures are noisy

According to D.M. Procida :
The pictures themselves are great - but the camera (Pentax K100D) makes
an absolute racket.

There's a bit of noise...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 2nd 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By DoN. Nichols
A dose of reason

According to :