Replies: 10
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Mars Panorama - Curiosity rover: Martian solar day 2082

On 2018-12-09 13:04, PeterN wrote:
On 12/1/2018 1:34 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

Absolutely...
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 18, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Camera drones

On 2018-11-24 10:42, Alfred Molon wrote:

The Mavic 2 Pro is the most likely candidate, but I must say it's...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 18, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-26 13:54, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

But an app setting, such
as whether the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 18, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-26 11:57, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

System settings should contain system related...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 18, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-25 19:51, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

That said, there are changes that Apple make...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 18, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-25 14:34, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

That said, there are changes that Apple make...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 18, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-25 13:58, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

Apps are usually updated ahead of the iOS changes...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 18, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-25 13:30, David Taylor wrote:

Tell that to the folk who add unwanted updates and tweaks to iOS or
Android!* Quite a lot of what you learnt (lamost completely
undocumented)...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 18, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-23 06:53, Neil wrote:

Those that know what they're doing have not had "Windows" delete
their...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 18, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-23 12:33, Neil wrote:
On 11/23/2018 11:55 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Neil
wrote:

Even though the installation...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 18, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows deletes Picasa

On 2018-11-23 06:53, Neil wrote:

Those that know what they're doing have not had "Windows" delete their
programs. Nor has "Windows" either "reintroduced" or replaced Paint.
Both versions of...
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 18, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Camera drones

On 2018-11-20 14:02, Alfred Molon wrote:

Aside from the cost, portability also matters, because I would bring the
usual camera gear + the drone on my trips.

Do your research in Germany wrt...
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 18, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Camera drones

On 2018-11-24 11:51, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
says...
When you buy DJI drones, esp. if you are new to the thing, it is
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 18, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Camera drones

On 2018-11-24 10:42, Alfred Molon wrote:

The Mavic 2 Pro is the most likely candidate, but I must say it's still
quite expensive (around 1400 Euro here in Germany).
The only thing which scares...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 18, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Camera drones

On 2018-11-20 14:02, Alfred Molon wrote:
I might get a camera drone mainly for still photography. Is anybody
using these and what are your experiences?

Generally speaking it seems that...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 18, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Time to break up Apple (and Amazon)?

On 2018-11-11 09:38, nospam wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

Seems about right. Like when they did it to...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 18, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Beer with me

On 2018-11-08 19:51, Tony Cooper wrote:
In the US, a person who orders a beer in a bar usually orders the same
brand each time. He will settle on some brand - Bud, Michelob, Coors,
Samuel...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 18, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Got to admit; when Windows fails, it does so spectacularly.

On 2018-10-29 18:47, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 18:00:10 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2018-10-28 17:13, nospam wrote:
In article...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 18, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On 2018-10-29 18:35, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

I agree in general, but DC/DVD drives are...
Forum: Digital Photography October 29th 18, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On 2018-10-28 17:13, nospam wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

I agree in general, but DC/DVD drives are...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 18, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Finally famous

On 2018-10-17 20:29, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforgettable-places-in-milwaukee-history-still-visit/

Congrats. You can smoke in a bar in Milwaukee? Or is that an older...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 18, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 256
Posted By Alan Browne[_2_]
Windows 10 update wipes out files and photos

On 2018-10-13 11:30, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

The most reliable and stable OS I've...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 18, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On 2018-10-12 17:20, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

The most reliable and stable OS I've ever
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 18, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On 2018-10-12 16:39, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

I've used dozens of OS' myself and none has...
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 18, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On 2018-10-12 14:30, Neil wrote:

When an OS is 'broken', it will fail for ALL users. Vista, much like