Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Poldie[_3_]
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 18th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Original charter of rec.photo.equipment.35mm and notes on thecharter

Bruce wrote:
"Alan Justice" wrote:

Oops! I owe a big apology to this group. I have visited here from time to
time over the years, but did not know of the policy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
cameras for Windows 95

michael adams wrote:
"Poldie" _.@._ wrote in message ...
I'm a software developer, so I'm not sure where this obsession with
PCWorld/Jessops being...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 08, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
cameras for Windows 95

michael adams wrote:
"Poldie" _.@._ wrote in message ...
michael adams wrote:
"Poldie" _.@._ wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
catalog NEF RAW files - only

Destin_FL wrote:
that was great before Vista..... Vista is a completely different animal. To
the extent that it has become utterly useless. The new one, Vista Search 4
held some promise,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 16th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Is it ok to post about digital here, if it is a negative viewon digital?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
I'm just trying to reduce a massive number of inappropriate posts to a
small number, same as everywhere else on Usenet.

Good luck with that.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
cameras for Windows 95

michael adams wrote:
"Poldie" _.@._ wrote in message ...
michael adams wrote:
"Poldie" _.@._ wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
cameras for Windows 95

michael adams wrote:
"Poldie" _.@._ wrote in message ...
Astigmatic Owl wrote:
Perhaps you should consider getting a new computer before...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 14th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
cameras for Windows 95

Astigmatic Owl wrote:
Perhaps you should consider getting a new computer before venturing into
digital photography.

I second that. I'm the last person to recommend buying new kit or
upgrading...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Photo Store

Cynicor wrote:
BlackShadow wrote:
429 quid for a 80GB device?

You can get a 160GB iPod for far less.

And you can get a 160GB player by several other brands for far less than
the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Another photographers rights poser

Paul Bartram wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote

I'll let you make your own minds up on this one
http://preview.tinyurl.com/574g9t

Damn, I'm glad I got out of the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Reducing picture size.

Ron Hunter wrote:
ray wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:06:07 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

I have many digital images of about 5Mb in size.

What is the best way to reduce these in size...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 31st 08, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Free Gasoline From Your Bank

wrote:
I was looking for cheap gas in my area when I cam across this site:
www.spam****.com I got the free info and it is about how my local bank
will give me and my...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Poldie wrote :
Helen wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:10 pm, Poldie _.@._ wrote:
Helen wrote:
As someone once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it".
Lighten up,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Poldie wrote :
Helen wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:10 pm, Poldie _.@._ wrote:
Helen wrote:
As someone once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it".
Lighten up,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
[photo] I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Poldie wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote:
Lay down in wet, dewy grass in amongst the
spiders, maggots, probably dog poo etc I'd just been shooting
just to get that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Poldie wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote:
Lay down in wet, dewy grass in amongst the
spiders, maggots, probably dog poo etc I'd just been shooting
just to get that...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Helen wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:10 pm, Poldie _.@._ wrote:
Helen wrote:
And a bit too cocky! LOL!
As someone once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it".

Lighten up, I'm just joking...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Helen wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:10 pm, Poldie _.@._ wrote:
Helen wrote:
And a bit too cocky! LOL!
As someone once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it".

Lighten up, I'm just joking...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Helen wrote:
And a bit too cocky! LOL!

As someone once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it".
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Helen wrote:
And a bit too cocky! LOL!

As someone once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it".
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Troy Piggins wrote:
Lay down in wet, dewy grass in amongst the
spiders, maggots, probably dog poo etc I'd just been shooting
just to get that shot. That's probably why I raved a bit :)

I'd...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Troy Piggins wrote:
Lay down in wet, dewy grass in amongst the
spiders, maggots, probably dog poo etc I'd just been shooting
just to get that shot. That's probably why I raved a bit :)

I'd...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 18th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Rebel XTI slow to write to memory card

Peter wrote:
I've been trying to take some shots, often one after another, in
groups of 5-10. Not in continuous mode, however. Often, the camera
says "busy" and does not respond. I bought a 2...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 13th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Rebel XTI - Continuous Shooting Mode?

dwight wrote:
"Fred Anonymous" wrote in message
"peter" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 08, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.video
Replies: 7
Posted By Poldie[_3_]
Movie mode in UK digicam still limited to 10 mins?

Delila wrote:
I am in the UK. I would like to get a simple compact digicam that
records for longer than 10 minutes but I don't want to look for
something which I can't hope to find!

I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40