Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 1.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: just bob[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography December 11th 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By just bob[_2_]
P&S dope gets him camera smashed

God forbid a bird should chirp and frighten the poor man.

"Rich" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 11th 08, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By just bob[_2_]
40D vs 50D at the same price

Another example of how the 50D wins: LCD image review now use full res file,
not thumbnail.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=30310134

"Richard Palush"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 10th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Nikon and Canon

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Richard
Palush...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 10th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By just bob[_2_]
40D vs 50D at the same price

It's easy to get confused reading the reviews. I've not used the 50D yet but
I think IQ differences are about a wash. Yes, another 10.1MP sensor with
lower noise would have been nice but going up...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 9th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By just bob[_2_]
40D vs 50D at the same price

My $.02, after just reviewing the specs and marketing stuff. I posted a
similar list to DPReview and drew some good comments but I can't find the
thread.

50D vs. 40D:

Bad: Slightly higher noise...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Panasonic LX3

I read some threads from users on DPR a about a month ago: I understand the
most frustrating thing about this camera is the lens cap, and if you can get
around that it's a nice camera.
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Panasonic LX3

I read some threads from users on DPR a about a month ago: I understand the
most frustrating thing about this camera is the lens cap, and if you can get
around that it's a nice camera.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 9th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Canon 50D Auto ISO Question

Why not have a true ISO priority mode?

You choose the shutter speed and you choose the aperature, and the ISO is
adjusted automaticlaly.

Is any DSLR manufacturer doing this?
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Canon 50D Auto ISO Question

Why not have a true ISO priority mode?

You choose the shutter speed and you choose the aperature, and the ISO is
adjusted automaticlaly.

Is any DSLR manufacturer doing this?
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 08, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Longshot...Canon G9 & Fireworks

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
I am off on hols tomorrow with my nice shiny new Canon G9. Is I will be
taking in a few...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 22nd 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By just bob[_2_]
No comments on the new low-end Pentax?

"Maurice Blanchard" wrote in message

"David J Taylor"
a écrit
dans
le...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 22nd 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By just bob[_2_]
No comments on the new low-end Pentax?

Wow, Is the USA price going to be about $249?

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 22nd 08, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Some Bloke Doing Video With The 5D II

Wow, tripod. Must be a pro, alright.

"Paul" wrote in message
Just seen this about some bloke doing video with the 5D II.
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 08, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Paul" wrote in message
Just seen this about some bloke doing video with the 5D II.
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob[_2_]
CANNON ANNOUNCES 50D - 15 MEGAPIXLS

No, he said "CANNON", not CANON. Must be something new.

"No Spam" wrote in message ...
Old news, almost history now as the announcement was about a month...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Adobe DNG

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
just bob wrote:
Paul Furman wrote
Charlie Groh wrote:
...I'd like to hear some...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 08, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Adobe DNG

On 2008-08-17 12:58:59 -0700, Charlie Groh...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Adobe DNG

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
C J Campbell wrote in
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Adobe DNG

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Charlie Groh wrote:
...I'd like to hear some opinions on .dng...what's the buzz?

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 1st 08, 06:20 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Classic race at Estoril, Portugal

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:04:02 -0700, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "just
bob" ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 28th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Classic race at Estoril, Portugal

Looked like fun. Nice job.

Here in the US you would have had to at least had to sign a waiver to
release liability.

"Focus" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 08, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By just bob[_2_]
affordable digital cameras in LA/SF?

"bj" wrote in message
Found the URLs, thx!
BTW, would you perhaps know of similar good price stores for laptops in
the
same...
Forum: Digital Photography July 7th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By just bob[_2_]
affordable digital cameras in LA/SF?

"bj" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Can anyone recommend cheap stores with reliable digital cameras (such as
jr,
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By just bob[_2_]
photoshop cs3 raw aspect ratio

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
just bob wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By just bob[_2_]
Vendor other than B&H

Have you already tried Amazon? They have the best return policy, IMO. Just
make sure it is from them and not one of the third-party sellers.

"J.H. Holliday" doc@okcorral wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43