Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nushar
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 23rd 07, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
Olympus 560 UZ

David J Taylor
wrote:

: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082309olysp560uz.asp
:
: .. and what are the differences with the recently...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 23rd 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
Olympus 560 UZ

I wrote:

: The lightest of [SLR-likes] with 28-200+ is Panasonic Lumix FZ-18, which
: got alphabetically cut off in your list. If you wish, you can look it
: up directly or get to it by specifying...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 23rd 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
Olympus 560 UZ

I wrote:

: The lightest of [SLR-likes] with 28-200+ is Panasonic Lumix FZ-18, which
: got alphabetically cut off in your list. If you wish, you can look it
: up directly or get to it by specifying...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 22nd 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

AAvK wrote:

: This is not how to respond to people.
: ...you worthless disrespectful cretin!
: You are absolutely mentally abnormal psychiatrically. There is a mental
:...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 22nd 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

AAvK wrote:

: This is not how to respond to people.
: ...you worthless disrespectful cretin!
: You are absolutely mentally abnormal psychiatrically. There is a mental
:...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 22nd 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 10
Posted By Nushar
Why do they always leave out one feature?!

AAvK wrote:
: "Irked" at me... you can KISS MY ASS where it is rosy red!

No thanx but please feel free to use your ass however you see fit. :-)

Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 22

AAvK wrote:
: "Irked" at me... you can KISS MY ASS where it is rosy red!

No thanx but please feel free to use your ass however you see fit. :-)

Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 22nd 07, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 10
Posted By Nushar
Why do they always leave out one feature?!

: : Study the Fujifilm s9100.
:
: What's there to study? He is talking about compact all-in-ones and you
: are citing a DSLR!

My apologies. It is late in the night and I was still irked at...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 22nd 07, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 10
Posted By Nushar
Why do they always leave out one feature?!

AAvK wrote:

: "RPS" wrote
: I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
: except one: the zoom range is too small.
:
: Then...
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 07, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

AAvK wrote:

: "RPS" wrote
: I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
: except one: the zoom range is too small.
:
: Then...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 22nd 07, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

AAvK wrote:

: Okay now, pay careful attention:

: You must sacrifice that glorious compact size for all the features
: you want...

: I checked for cameras on...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 22nd 07, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

AAvK wrote:

: Okay now, pay careful attention:

: You must sacrifice that glorious compact size for all the features
: you want...

: I checked for cameras on...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 21st 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

AAvK wrote:

Thanks. A few points:

(1) I don't need what you call insane zoom, around 200 would be ok. The
rest is bonus, welcome but not required.

(2) I take 28mm as...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 21st 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

AAvK wrote:

Thanks. A few points:

(1) I don't need what you call insane zoom, around 200 would be ok. The
rest is bonus, welcome but not required.

(2) I take 28mm as...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 07, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Nushar
New Canon SD950 IS

cabochad wrote:

: Just saw Canon is set to release a few new Elph's. Really like the
: SD950 IS with 12.1MP and IS. Canon says available in Sept., but
: Amazon says shipping Oct....
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 21st 07, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 14
Posted By Nushar
Canon SX100 Ultra-zoom

measekite wrote:

: It's a pity that the article doesn't mention what the actual zoom
: range is, rather than "10x". A one-to-one comparison with the
: excellent Panasonic...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 21st 07, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

measekite wrote:

: You did not mention the Canon S5 IS and the new soon to be
: released Canon G9.

AFAIK both lack wide angle (28mm or lower).

Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 21st 07, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

measekite wrote:

: You did not mention the Canon S5 IS and the new soon to be
: released Canon G9.

AFAIK both lack wide angle (28mm or lower).

Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
Need advice - Point and Shoot - Super zoom vs shirt pocketable zoom for traveling in Japan

David J Taylor
wrote:

: Why choose when you can get the best of both worlds? 28 - 280mm
: zoom, 8oz.
: ...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 21st 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Living with a very nice film SLR, and a digital p&s, i decided to
investigate a serious ditial p&s as my travel camera: compact size,
28-200 range, manual control.

Frankly, I am disgusted that with...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 21st 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Nushar
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Living with a very nice film SLR, and a digital p&s, i decided to
investigate a serious ditial p&s as my travel camera: compact size,
28-200 range, manual control.

Frankly, I am disgusted that with...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 10
Posted By Nushar
Disappointed in Canon G9 (no 28mm)

just bob kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

: I read where some people on dpreview were impressed with having RAW again.
: Big deal: focal range and speed still stinks.

Agreed. Although some will...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 20th 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 8
Posted By Nushar
Disappointed in Canon G9 (no 28mm)

just bob kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

: I read where some people on dpreview were impressed with having RAW again.
: Big deal: focal range and speed still stinks.

Agreed. Although some will...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 20th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 8
Posted By Nushar
Disappointed in Canon G9 (no 28mm)

: What about Fuji 6000 fd? Does 28-300.

Lacks Image Stabilization and at 25 oz is too heavy. The 8000 fd is
better with IS and 18 oz, but still not my dream travel camera.

: and what about...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot