Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W
Forum: Digital Photography November 7th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By W
Canon DPP and CS3 problem

I completely uninstalled CS3 then reinstalled it. No difference. Very
frustrating.

On Nov 3, 2:48 pm, W wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:20 pm, wrote:

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007...
Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 07, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By W
Canon DPP and CS3 problem

On Nov 2, 8:20 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:59:31 -0700, in rec.photo.digital W

wrote:
I reinstalled DPP and CS3. No difference.

Did you uninstall,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By W
Canon DPP and CS3 problem

On Nov 2, 11:52 am, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:54:28 -0700, in rec.photo.digital W

wrote:
I have been using Canon's Digital Photo Professional software...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By W
Canon DPP and CS3 problem

I have been using Canon's Digital Photo Professional software (v3.0
and now v3.2) along with Photoshop CS2. I use the "Transfer to
Photoshop" function to bring the processed RAW file directly...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By W
Michael Reichmann reasoning for AA filters?

Wow yes, great example with the 5D. I have even seen moire with my
20D with fabrics.

Regarding the MF digital backs, I can't believe that the folks
designing MF sensors are that "stupid". I still...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By W
Michael Reichmann reasoning for AA filters?

Wow, he completely removed the whole discussion no AA filters.

While I understand the need for AA filters (my earlier post). I must
admit, I do not understand why the medium format digital backs do...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By W
Michael Reichmann reasoning for AA filters?

Okay, does this make any sense: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/MKIIIs.shtml

M. Reichmann says that DSLRs have AA filters to save compute power
needed in demoscaicing Bayer pattern sensors...
Forum: Digital Photography July 13th 07, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By W
Canon 20D, Intel based Macbook pro and CAnon Software?

Thanks. Installed and works! A little buggy (when changing scene modes
DPP crashes).

On Jul 2, 10:48 am, C J Campbell
On 2007-07-02 07:01:30 -0700, W...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By W
Canon 20D, Intel based Macbook pro and CAnon Software?

I currently shoot a Canon 20D tethered to a PC using Canon's Digital
Photo Professional and EOS Utility.
Does anyone know if this will work using an Intel based MacBook Pro?
If so what combo of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By W
With 12/16bit RAW do you still need an ND Grad

Looking at the ISO3200 and ISO6400 images on imaging resource of the
1DMkII vs. 1DMkIII, it seems that the newer camera is less noisy.
Based on your analysis and understanding, do you disagree with...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By W
Should have bought the 5D a year ago :(

That's a pretty strong statement. Are you making the claim that we are
now at or near the point where the "ISO knob" control becomes
superfluous (assumming shooting RAW) ?

On Feb 24, 11:54 am, Paul...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By W
Should have bought the 5D a year ago :(

You bring up an intersting point (about the 14 bits - increased
dynamic range). I believe ISO selection just sets a gain in the
amplifier coming out of the sensor. At what point do you have...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By W
Should have bought the 5D a year ago :(

Don't know that I totally agree with that. The changes Canon
implemented in the 1DMkiii(higher fill factor, lower noise circuitry,
14 bit A/D, anti-dust cleaning sensor, live view), are...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By W
Should have bought the 5D a year ago :(

Well I have a 20D so I have been shooting. I don't know that the "next
5D" will be cheaper. I am hoping it will have all the technology
evolution (better sensor fill factor, lower sensor noise, 14...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 87
Posted By W
Are we heading back to full frame digital?

All chips are produced on circular wafers containing some number of
chips depending on the chip size. The wafers can be cut into a number
of chips depending on the size of the chip. All wafers have...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By W
Should have bought the 5D a year ago :(

How depressing now that the rumour/reality mill seems to be saying no
5D rreplacement until a year from now :( Especially after the double
rebate has ended. Ugggghhhhh!
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By W
Canon Speculation....OLED Displays?

I've seen the usual speculation and rumors about the new crop (no pun
intended :) ) of Canon DSLRs. More megapixels, self cleaning sensors
etc. However, if I recall an article on Pop Photo sometime...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Interesting and thanks. I had always thought that when I used my lens
wide or close to wide open that the depth of field in the captured
image seemed less than what I percieved when I shot the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 21st 06, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I will from now on beware that
what I see in the viewfinder can vary significantly in terms of depth
of field from what the camera will end up capturing ( :(...
Forum: Digital Photography December 21st 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Interesting, I was not aware that you could remove it and that there
were alternatives. Personally, I would like to have a split image
"focusing aid" in the center as I tend to manually focus for...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

The focusing screen is the standard 20D screen (not removable). Not
sure exactly the type but it does not appear to be 'pure' ground glass
screen.
Taking a picture through the viewfinder that's too...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 06, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Very interesting. I am not sure I understand the explanation. How do
uninterrupted rays get focused in the eye?

Bhogi wrote:
W wrote:
Folks,

I recently did a shot where I bracketed...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Okay, I repeated this experiment using careful focusing, mirror lockup,
and cable release. The effect I saw was indeed real. I shot at f/1.4
with a 50mm f1.4 lens. The shot was of a pair of folded...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 06, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Folks,

I'm afraid to say this may have been a false alarm. It appears that
some of the shots were not properly focused (OOPS....sorry). I would
have to carefully repeat this experiment. If/when I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 06, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By W
Apparent Depth of field with Canon 20D

Folks,

I recently did a shot where I bracketed f-stops to tailor depth of
field. The shot was of eye glasses sitting on a page of print. I was
surprised to see that the viewfinder image appears to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55