Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 1.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dimitris M
Forum: Digital Photography March 27th 11, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Dimitris M
Question about Nikon lenses

D50 & D70 have internal AF motor and can use all AF Nikon lenses. No need to
be AF-S
--
Dimitris M

However, autofocus may or may not be available depending on the body
and the type of lens. ...
Forum: Digital Photography February 22nd 11, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Dimitris M
why the blue channel(B) is noisier than other two channels(R, G)?

What is the WB of the photo's? If it is anything more red than daylight
5500K the blue channel is uderexposured and the camera tends to amlify it to
compensate the color. By amplifiying the blue...
Forum: Digital Photography November 29th 10, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Dimitris M
need to buy wide angle lens for canon 5d2

As one option is the Canon 14 mm, you should take a look on Samyang 14mm
f2.8. But you should wait a little, till Christmas i think for the new
version with the chip that saves correct data in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 19th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Dimitris M
What about a new version of Tamron 70-200?

I have try this lens in my Nikon D700 and I am very pleased by his
sharpness. I can not spend 1.700-1.800 euros that the new Nikon 70-200 costs
in Greece, so I wait for a new version of the Tamron...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 26th 10, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Dimitris M
Panasonic lenses overpriced for performance?

I think 4:3 lenses are overpriced in general. Some of them use the new
technology that corrects lens imperfections after shoot, in the camera
processing (something similar to the DxO by modeling...
Forum: Digital Photography February 26th 10, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Dimitris M
Panasonic lenses overpriced for performance?

I think 4:3 lenses are overpriced in general. Some of them use the new
technology that corrects lens imperfections after shoot, in the camera
processing (something similar to the DxO by modeling...
Forum: Digital Photography February 10th 10, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Dimitris M
Brits/Euros take it up the a-- on price (AGAIN!)

The real street prices in Europe are at least 20% less the anounced euro
prices and the VAT is included. France has usually the most expensive
prices, that are about as the announced. England and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Replies: 52
Posted By Dimitris M
Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

D300 can produce very acceptable photos even at ISO 3200 when and if the
light is almost daylight as color temp (over 4000 K) with a even smooth
spectrum. For ex the interior of a house illuminated...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Dimitris M
Exif date and time change

Thanks Stephan, but unfortunatelly I am not familliar with linux. I think
that the programm Eliott has suggest it will do it.
--
Dimitris M

? "steph" ?????? ??? ??????...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Dimitris M
Exif date and time change

Thanks Eliott, I have download it some hours ago, seems simple and in fact I
like the command line programms. I have read the instructions and seems
simple. I have not find the time to try it, but...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Dimitris M
Exif date and time change

Are you using LR version 2.4?

Mmm! LR 2.2 i have.
--
Dimitris M
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 09, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Lightroom do that shift for complete hours as batch. I can do the shift by
+/- 1,2,3... hours, but not for -1:22'32''. I have not find a way to do
that. It can do that , but one at a time
--...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 09, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Dimitris M
Exif date and time change

I use Lightroom to import and manage photos. Often when I have to import
photo's from many cameras I synchronize the time between them before the
photos are taken and then I use the custom renamer...
Forum: Digital Photography July 26th 09, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Dimitris M
Compact camera with fast auto focus

I would like to buy a digital camera about the same size as my Canon
PowerShot A510 with a fast auto focus system. I want one that uses
larger than two gig SD cards and AA batteries.

As far...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 8th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Dimitris M
Question For the new D700 Owner

Oh, I do know and I use it when needed but...

....in travel photography I don't use fill-in flash, cause I don't take
portraits or family shoots. Anyway, if I need so the small in camera flash...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 8th 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Dimitris M
Question For the new D700 Owner

With excellent noise control and dynamic range to ISO 6.400, the flash with
GN 17 is like a studio flash strong. Anyway, in Paris I have take 3.000
photos, 1.000 of them night shoots. I didn't use...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 7th 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Dimitris M
Question For the new D700 Owner

2. Flash. I have an SB28 which isn't great for the D700 and you
can't use TTL. I can't seem to find SB800s and the SB900 is $475.

SB900 is to bulky for travel. Anyway with the D700 I can't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 7th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Dimitris M
Question For the new D700 Owner

3. 220 volts in Paris- There are a few things I will be needing to
charge. Can you get a converter and attach a power strip to it?

The Nikon battery charger in universal from 100 to 240 V. You...
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 313
Posted By Dimitris M
Nikon D-5000

Yes, I have try it. It is very nice camera. The picture quality is as D90
but the Live view is better and faster. The only minus is that the display
has not the resolution and size of D90's.

BTW,...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment May 18th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 264
Posted By Dimitris M
Nikon D-5000

Yes, I have try it. It is very nice camera. The picture quality is as D90
but the Live view is better and faster. The only minus is that the display
has not the resolution and size of D90's.

BTW,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 18th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 270
Posted By Dimitris M
Nikon D-5000

Yes, I have try it. It is very nice camera. The picture quality is as D90
but the Live view is better and faster. The only minus is that the display
has not the resolution and size of D90's.

BTW,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 18th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 250
Posted By Dimitris M
Nikon D-5000

Yes, I have try it. It is very nice camera. The picture quality is as D90
but the Live view is better and faster. The only minus is that the display
has not the resolution and size of D90's.

BTW,...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 09, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 323
Posted By Dimitris M
grim news for photographers tourism and rights

Correction :

"Finally, I have to take 4 days off my job in order to be present at court
from 14 until 19th of May 2009"

--
Dimitris M

Result: Our family holidays were ruined. We are suffering...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 09, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 323
Posted By Dimitris M
grim news for photographers tourism and rights

The trial (hearing) is tomorrow Monday 18th of May. Mr Antoniou has come
back to Greece after the event and he comes back to London 2 days ago for
the trial.

BTW, Periklis Antoniou is a very...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 09, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 323
Posted By Dimitris M
grim news for photographers tourism and rights

For the truth, read the following that describes what happens, as mr
Antoniou says with the letter to the British Ambassador. The source is he...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107