Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat Cheney
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 08:30:44 -0800, John Navas wrote:

It won't work in the computer when formatted in the camera

In summary, what's happening is that the card is working fine in the camera
but...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:25:22 -0600, Ron Hunter wrote:

Windows XP FAT32 formatted all five times! :)
If you plan to use a card in a camera, format it in the camera. Best
results!

I just did...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 07:40:35 -0800, John Navas wrote:

Those were both mistakes. I asked you to use Disk Management.

Hi John,
Just for the record, I did use "Disk Management" yesterday.

I'll try...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 08:35:03 -0800, John Navas wrote:

I think it would have made more sense to solve the problem,
or at least to verify with diagnostics the card was bad

Hi John,
OK. I agree....
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:48:44 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

An excellent idea! You also might like to try the program John mentioned
and see what it finds, although it's just more effort and...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:11:48 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

Thanks, Pat. FAT32 is correct, but using Windows may add extra files to
the card which formatting in the camera does not. I have never...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 07:48:53 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

I wondered if somehow the card had been formatted in FAT16 rather than
FAT32, even though it's 4GB. How was that card formatted, Pat. by...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:07:32 -0800, Pat Cheney wrote:

I'm running the suggested WinXP "Computer Management" program now in order
to "delete the partition" to see if that helps.

I dutifully...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:55:04 -0800, John Navas wrote:

It does say something to those familiar with the terms.
Your problem was lack of knowledge, not bad information.

So true! The good news...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:31:11 -0800, John Navas wrote:

Actually Disk Management (name change in XP), and you already have it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000

Hi John,

Oh. My mistake...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:02:48 -0600, John Turco wrote:

Sorry, about your troubles. To help avoid future frustrations of this
nature, I suggest that you visit the camera manufacturer's Web site,...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:56:53 +1100, Franc Zabkar wrote:

Does this card have a Master Boot Record and Partition Table, or is it
formatted as a Super Floppy? I don't use Win XP, but is it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:18:34 -0800, John Navas wrote:

Sounds like a serious problem with your computer.
You may want to try a different computer and card reader/writer.

I tried multiple...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.privacy.spyware
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:20:45 -0800, John Navas wrote:

The disk in drive E: cannot be formatted.

Did you use Disk Administrator, as I suggested?

Hi John,
I appreciate the pointer to "Disk...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps.garmin
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:50:21 -0800, SMS wrote:

2. I learned why my Motorola cables work with Blackberry but not vice versa
(e.g., the Motorla cable follows the standard; Blackberry does...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:26:12 -0800, Pat Cheney wrote:

The less-than-helpful error message in the Windows (slow) format was:
Formatting Removable Disk (E:) Windows was unable to complete the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:04:30 +0100, Marco Tedaldi wrote:
I hope you can solve at least these issues now... A card should really
be readable in a card reader all the time. If it is not readable...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:51:02 -0800, John Navas wrote:

As in the case of cameras, you need to better inform yourself if you're
not going to rely on what the manufacturer gives you.

Indeed. I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:16:10 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

While that may be the problem, the solution, for those of us with both
Blackberry and Motorola equipment, is to purchase Motorola...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:11:16 -0800, John Navas wrote:

The best flash drive diagnostic I know of is H2TestW:
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:06:42 -0800, John Navas wrote:

Or the card may simply be corrupted, which can easily happen
if removed from the camera before write operations are completed.

I think...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:01:52 -0800, John Navas wrote:

You can NOT read the pictures in step 4 because Windows won't recognize the
card no matter what card reader you put the card in.

Not...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:28:33 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

Perhaps the camera you were using wasn't writing the card correctly (did
you check for a firmware upgrade?), or perhaps you are taking...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:43:46 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

The source does matter - buying faulty or fake cards of eBay has caught
out people who have reported here.

My mistake on the card type....
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 346
Posted By Pat Cheney
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:30:29 -0800, John Navas wrote:

Any _standard_ cable will do.

I admit I don't understand the cabling at all.

All I ask is, given the information above, is whether the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72