Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Layman
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff Layman
P & S and depth-of-field

Alex Monro wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

Some time ago in this group I asked about depth-of-field with a
compact
digital camera. I was told that because of the small sensor size,
this...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff Layman
P & S and depth-of-field

Some time ago in this group I asked about depth-of-field with a compact
digital camera. I was told that because of the small sensor size, this
isn't really a problem compared to 35 mm film...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Jeff Layman
Is it my card reader, Miss Jones?

wrote:
I finally joined the Dark Side in April, switching from my beloved 1n
to a 5D. Nice camera, if all you have to do is shoot with it. I can't
believe the insane amount...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Jeff Layman
FireWire card reader for SD memory?

sheepdog 2007 wrote:

I had two macs--one G3, one G4--develop problems on
mounting/recognizing HDs, other ext devices when using third-party PCI
cards. I now am without USB 2 capability. i...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Layman
Camera with ultra-slow burst mode?

Marty Fremen wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:
Is there a camera out there that snaps a photo say every ten
seconds?

A self-timer that...
Forum: Digital Photography September 17th 07, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Ron Hardin wrote:
Is there a camera out there that snaps a photo say every ten seconds?

A self-timer that repeats itself every so often. But not so fast as
to be close to a movie.

Maybe...
Forum: Digital Photography September 17th 07, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Jeff Layman
FireWire card reader for SD memory?

sheepdog 2007 wrote:
Am I missing something? I have searched for the last hour and can't
find an SD card reader that works via FireWWire. Plenty of cheap USB
card readers that handle SD, a few...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 6th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Jeff Layman
What is the Best Software for Fixing Pictures?

Barry Goodthrall wrote:
What is the best software to quickly fix photos.

Before rushing to say Photoshop, while I agree for more complex
digital photo manipulation it can't be beat, I want...
Forum: Digital Photography September 6th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27

Barry Goodthrall wrote:
What is the best software to quickly fix photos.

Before rushing to say Photoshop, while I agree for more complex
digital photo manipulation it can't be beat, I want...
Forum: Digital Photography August 12th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Jeff Layman
Rotation & aspect ratio

HEMI-Powered wrote:
Jeff Layman added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

Could someone please explain why, when I rotate a picture 90°
degrees in a viewing/editing...
Forum: Digital Photography August 12th 07, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Jeff Layman
Rotation & aspect ratio

k. harvey wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:24:25 +0100, "Jeff Layman"
wrote:

Could someone please explain why, when I rotate a picture 90°
degrees in a...
Forum: Digital Photography August 12th 07, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Jeff Layman
Rotation & aspect ratio

Could someone please explain why, when I rotate a picture 90° degrees in a
viewing/editing program, the picture is stretched so that long faces appear
rounder? The actual change (as measured with...
Forum: Digital Photography July 27th 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 81
Posted By Jeff Layman
Very pocketable?

John Turco wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

edited, for brevity

I got an R6 a couple of weeks ago to replace my Kodak EasyShare
DX4530.

Hello, Jeff:
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 81
Posted By Jeff Layman
Very pocketable?

David J Taylor wrote:
(snip)
As am I, for a pocket camera, but I tend to leave it set at -0.3 stops
exposure compensation. You might like to try that.

I'd already added it to the "ADJ" button....
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 07, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 81
Posted By Jeff Layman
Very pocketable?

David J Taylor wrote:
SMS wrote:
[]
Too bad Ricoh left IS and an optical viewfinder off the Caplio R6.
The R6 is almost the ideal ultra-compact, with a very good macro
mode, and the 7x...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15