Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sander
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 7th 10, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Sander
Back-illumination doesn't seem very effective

On 6-8-2010 23:49, John A. wrote:

Thanks. I think I know which of the two of you to ask which door has
the tiger behind it.

Neither.

One of them sees tigers behind every door.
The other thinks...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 11th 09, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Sander
prime for pentax

manyBobs wrote:
I looking to upgrade from my kit lens on my Pentax K100D. Something
around 35m -40m or so. The Pentax 43m 1.9 would probably do the trick,
but I'm on a budget. Are there...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 9th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 61
Posted By Sander
Whatever happened to Pentax?

Doug Jewell wrote:
nospam wrote:
pentax sdm lenses won't work on earlier
cameras, such as the k100d.

They work, they won't autofocus. Which is the same situation you will
have with...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 47

Doug Jewell wrote:
nospam wrote:
pentax sdm lenses won't work on earlier
cameras, such as the k100d.

They work, they won't autofocus. Which is the same situation you will
have with...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 9th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 45

Doug Jewell wrote:
nospam wrote:
pentax sdm lenses won't work on earlier
cameras, such as the k100d.

They work, they won't autofocus. Which is the same situation you will
have with...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Sander
Recovering files from formatted SD card in Casio

rainandsnow wrote:
It was in a Casio digital camera - around 7 mp. I got to the format menu
and thought I had pressed CANCEL. Formatting started - there was no
warning.

Try...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 07, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 76
Posted By Sander
Read noise: get it 30x down?

David J Taylor wrote:

Sander,

If you consider the sensor to be delivering power into a resistive load,
rather than an open circuit voltage or a short circuit current, then
doubling the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 76
Posted By Sander
Read noise: get it 30x down?

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:
On Dec 12, 6:52 am, Sander wrote:
- a doubling of power is a 3dB change
- a doubling of voltage or current is a 6dB change (when measured at...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 76
Posted By Sander
Read noise: get it 30x down?

David J Taylor wrote:

- if you double the optical power, you would double the output voltage or
current from the typical sensor.

The word OR here is very important in this sentence.

- a...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Sander
Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

nospam wrote:

By any chance, do you have a personal grudge against the K100D, simply
because it takes AA cells? ;-)

you're catching on.

I have to carry AA regargables, a charger and a...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Sander
Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

David J Taylor wrote:

At GBP 76 (about US $160) more than a Nikon D40X with kit lens?

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/537349/art/nikon/d40x-af-s-dx-18-55-mm-len.html

Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 70
Posted By Sander
Two questions in one Pentax - Canon - Nikon

SMS wrote:

Just avoid the K100D and D40/D40x at all costs. These are seriously
de-featured models, and you'll regret not moving up the product line one
step.

What is it about the K100D that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 12th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Sander
pentax 40/2.8 vs 50/1.4?

Fred McKenzie wrote:

I have both. The 40mm f/2.8 "pancake" lens is not a KA lens, so is more
difficult to use with an AF body. My 50mm f/1.4 is a KA lens, so all I
have to worry about is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 12th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Sander
pentax 40/2.8 vs 50/1.4?

Fred McKenzie wrote:

I have both. The 40mm f/2.8 "pancake" lens is not a KA lens, so is more
difficult to use with an AF body. My 50mm f/1.4 is a KA lens, so all I
have to worry about is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 07, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Sander
Lens choice recommendations

John Turco wrote:

The Pentax K100D - not the K10D - features SR (Shake Reduction).

John, both the K100D and K10D feature SR.
The K110D doesn't have SR.

SR.
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment September 4th 07, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Sander
Finally , Nikon named its image processor!

Brendan Gillatt wrote:
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:10:50 -0700, wrote:

On Sep 3, 3:46 pm, Dave Cohen wrote:

Olympus' engine is called 3-ASICs...
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 07, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc

Brendan Gillatt wrote:
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:10:50 -0700, wrote:

On Sep 3, 3:46 pm, Dave Cohen wrote:

Olympus' engine is called 3-ASICs...
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Sander
D40x or D80 camera

lerameur wrote:

I saw that the Pentax K10D has a problem getting crisp edge pictures,
at least for the jpeg format. The image quality is not as good as the
Nikon if I refer myself to the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 21st 07, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Sander
Sigma and Tamron 18-200 for Pentax

gerrit wrote:

"Mark B." wrote in message
Nobody else mentioned this, but take a look at the new version of the
Sigma
which is optically stabilized. Assuming...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 07, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Sander
Why Nikon did not develop its own camera sensor?

wrote:

No wonder that Canon has DIGIC engine, Panasonic/Lumix with Venus
engine, and Sony with its Bionz, but there is none for Nikon.

Just because Canon, Panasonic and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 11th 07, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Sander
Lighting questions

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:
This is done
via a transistor called a thyristor which opens the circuit to the
flash tube very...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 22nd 07, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Sander
Pentax K100D stabilizer

wrote:
I've seen at least one comment here about the Pentax K100D stabilizer
system producing modestly good results, but no better than that.

IME it produces excellent...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 16th 06, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Sander
Pentax K10D not so huge diff. between RAW and JPEG

RichA wrote:
Terrible (well, bad) JPEG images. The internal processor is not doing
it's job. But, shoot Raw and process outside the camera and it all
changes, the images are excellent.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 16th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By Sander
All plastic gear won't be crap forever, it will evolve.

Charles Schuler wrote
"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
In article...
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 06, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Sander
Furture Shock! Pentax K100D

Paul Mitchum wrote:

Why can't it have aperture preview? (But somebody told me it's possible
to get aperture preview in the K100D, so I'll look into the manual for
that.)

The little...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37