Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 4.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David J Taylor[_4_]
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 08, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 710
Digital Photography On Aircraft Not Permitted on Take Off or Landing

George Kerby wrote:
On 1/22/08 11:09 AM, in article
, "John Navas"
[]
Used/reconditioned high-end monitors are readily available at dirt
cheap...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
500 mm lens

flambe wrote:
For only once in a while, personal use:
Better to get glass for a Nikon dSLR or a Panasonic FZ18?
Let the cameraholic flame wars begin--a reasonable opinion or two
might...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 03:01 PM Posted to sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
altering exposure on an image

bugbear wrote:
When merging photographs (e.g. for a panorama)
it is desirable to use a camera where the exposure
can be locked, so that the multiple images
are all taken with the same...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:00:43 -0500, jean wrote:

I like to do wide angle shots like this one.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/91972678/original Sort of give a
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Error message Full

nuala m wrote:
On Jan 20, 8:21 pm, Paul Furman wrote:
nuala m wrote:
I am getting a "Full" indicator in the screen but there are no
photos on my card. I tried...
Forum: Digital Photography January 20th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 129
More trash P&Ss to clutter up the Walmart photo sections

Rich wrote:
[]
Anyone who spends $300+ for a P&S when you can get even a used DSLR is
not "wise" just lazy and clueless.

Nonsense. There are situations where the more compact camera is the best...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Do you use lossless JPEG recompression tools?

Paul Allen wrote:
[]
Hmmm... I have to quibble here a little bit.
[]
Paul Allen

That's fine, Paul, I /was/ being a little tongue-in-cheek! Open-source
isn't the be-all and end-all that some...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
The E3 at ISO 3200

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor says...

David Littleboy has already pointed out the fallacy of that
argument. For a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Do you use lossless JPEG recompression tools?

John Navas wrote:
[]
My own advice is to save important images in lossless PNG format,
which preserves image quality with lossless compression, is widely
accepted, and is likely to be supported...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Do you use lossless JPEG recompression tools?

Sachin Garg wrote:
On Jan 19, 12:57 pm, "David J Taylor" -
this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk wrote:
Sachin Garg wrote:

[]
[i]
Can I have any more opinions?...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
which out of these two cables/ports is best for my miniDV camcorder?

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
[]
http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/mrtg/gemini_dvb.html

I fail to see what may interest me in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
The E3 at ISO 3200

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor says...

Both full-frame and DX have significantly lower noise levels than
4/3.

Noise...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 158
New 50mm Lens From Nikon

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
[]
You got it! If VR/IS had any benefits, or fool the pros into
believing there is, in these focal ranges they would have put it in
there. And I'm glad to see Nikon not...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
which out of these two cables/ports is best for my miniDV camcorder?

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
[]
[I still hope I can spot a person who KNOWS the reasons for abysmal
performance of USB - comparing to Firewire...]

Yours,
Ilya

For your interest, here is a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Do you use lossless JPEG recompression tools?

Sachin Garg wrote:
[]
This concern might be true for proprietary formats from unknown
companies, but is it really a concern when its an open-source solution
(or if its from a dependable...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Do you use lossless JPEG recompression tools?

Sachin Garg wrote:
[]
Can I have any more opinions? Is anyone else here using these tools?

Sachin Garg [India]
www.sachingarg.com | www.c10n.info

Not using - never seen any need.

David
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 158
New 50mm Lens From Nikon

Pete D wrote:
[]
Under "normal" conditions there have actually been quite a lot of
people taking perfectly good photos for a long time without VR/IS/SR
or whatever. Not quite sure what VR can...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 158
New 50mm Lens From Nikon

frederick wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:

Better high iso performance at W/A focal lengths is a much better
solution than IS.

Sure. Yes.

Whether it's better...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
The E3 at ISO 3200

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor says...
Alfred Molon wrote:
[]
Full frame cameras have obviusly even lower noise...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
What white balance method do you use?

Mr. Strat wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor
wrote:

Maybe the clients didn't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 158
New 50mm Lens From Nikon

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
[]
Huh? I haven't seen much benefits of VR on 50 and wider lenses.

I have. Others have. I think it's just a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
What white balance method do you use?

Mr. Strat wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor
wrote:

Maybe the clients didn't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
What white balance method do you use?

Mr. Strat wrote:
In article , podger
wrote:

Really? I have 4-5 contacts/friends, ranging from Copenhagan to
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 08, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 710
Digital Photography On Aircraft Not Permitted on Take Off or Landing

John Navas wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:42:56 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote in
:

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 158
New 50mm Lens From Nikon

Paul Furman wrote:
[]
7) PC Nikkor AFS 28 mm f/2,8
[]
That is bizar AF-S perspective control? That's a totally manual
operated lens right down to the stop-down metering. Can't they add
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125