Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J. Clarke
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By J. Clarke
The Zoom Lens Advantage -By Rick Sammon

comast.net wrote:

By Rick Sammon

"I'll never use a zoom lens." That's what some of my professional
photographer friends said when I first got into photography back in the
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 06, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60
Posted By J. Clarke
D80 details announced...

David J Taylor wrote:

wrote:
[]
Either way, its a cheesy move... either a cost savings measure by
Nikon, or a deliberate attempt to steer D70 users towards a D200
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 06, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By J. Clarke
Nikon RAW pictures on Archos PMA 430 ?

wrote:

Hello everybody,

do you think that by any chance it would be possible to view NEF -
files on that Archos PMA430 ? By default it does not handle
RAW-formats, but...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 61
Posted By J. Clarke
Which Polarizer?

AaronW wrote:

AaronW wrote:
AaronW wrote:
I choose to live with the AE...
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By J. Clarke
what's the best lens for my purposes???

wrote:

one last and very late question :):):)

does a zoom lens in macro mode give me the same flat field as a normal
macro?

In general no.

btw, if anyone cares. after...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 63
Posted By J. Clarke
More photo semiliteracy (was Got my Nikon back - still broken.)

Neil Harrington wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Neil Harrington wrote:
"Alan Browne"...
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By J. Clarke
55mm 'pinch' type len caps?

T i m wrote:

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:16:28 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Oooops .. musta hit summat by accident and it sent unfinished ;-(

Obvious thing to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By J. Clarke
Sony kit lens as mediocre as Canon's?

Andrew Haley wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
Andrew Haley wrote:

Stacey wrote:
bmoag wrote:

[barrel distortion] can be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 8th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 86
Posted By J. Clarke
Sony's Alpha..I saw it, nice "try" better luck next time...

Kevin Agard wrote:

This whole conversation, or at least significant portions of it amazes
me. First of all, when comparing the A100 to the D200 you are comparing
a $1K to a $2K camera. Apples...
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

Dave Martindale wrote:

Dave Martindale wrote:

The actual PPI of the sensor is very useful if you want to do any
calculations involving actual image distances. For example, if you
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By J. Clarke
55mm 'pinch' type len caps?

T i m wrote:

Hi All,

My daughter tried a mates Sony 707 prior to us buying her the Fuji
S7000 and she 'preferred the front pinch style lens cap of the Sony to
the outside grip style of...
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 06, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 12
Posted By J. Clarke
Black&White photo techniques

Bobby wrote:

Keep in mind as you go down this path that Adams developed his techniques
based on the knowledge of all those that came before him.
So learning his Zone system and using that...
Forum: Photographing Nature August 8th 06, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.nature

Bobby wrote:

Keep in mind as you go down this path that Adams developed his techniques
based on the knowledge of all those that came before him.
So learning his Zone system and using that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 8th 06, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By J. Clarke
Sony kit lens as mediocre as Canon's?

Andrew Haley wrote:

Stacey wrote:
bmoag wrote:

[barrel distortion] can be reasonably corrected with some simple
image processing in the brave new digital...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 7th 06, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By J. Clarke
I like Rineke Djikstra

Because I have a sense of humour. And it IS crap.
--
Paul

Man. The more you say it's crap the more you show...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 06, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 51
Posted By J. Clarke
I like Rineke Djikstra

Because I have a sense of humour. And it IS crap.
--
Paul

Man. The more you say it's crap the more you show...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 7th 06, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 64
Posted By J. Clarke
Got my Sony Alpha today!

G.T. wrote:

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

I guess you can go in the killfile too.

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 7th 06, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By J. Clarke
D70 and Lithium battery

Robert Haar wrote:

On 2006/8/6 12:56 PM, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Iceberg Concept, Inc. wrote:

I keep a back-up battery pak (non-rechargeable) in my bag...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 6th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By J. Clarke
D70 and Lithium battery

Iceberg Concept, Inc. wrote:

I keep a back-up battery pak (non-rechargeable) in my bag in case my
regular battery goes down. However, the alternate battery source fails to
'energize' the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 06, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

John McWilliams wrote:

On 7/13/06 10:27 AM, Wayne wrote:
In article , says...

It's not *flat* out wrong.

PPI and DPI are...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 06, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

Dave Martindale wrote:

imbsysop writes:

This figure is (however) of limited
practical use.

ROTFLMAO .. kindly express the resolution in PPI of a 7Mpx and...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 06, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

Don Stauffer wrote:

However, for people just taking pictures, and not doing photogrammetry,
the ppi of the basic chip is NOT important. ...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 06, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

John McWilliams wrote:

Dalene wrote:
My version of Microsoft Office Picture Manager (Office 2003) does not
specify, anywhere I can find, the Ppi for any Jpeg or Tiff open in it.
It
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 06, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

Neil Ellwood wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:16:19 -0400, Mark B. wrote:

Cameras have resolution, i.e. 2544 x 1696 not ppi (pixels per inch).
dpi, dots per inch, is a printer term; it...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 06, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Clarke
DPI and PPI

greg wrote:

This is a fascinating and confusing thread. Like others in this thread,
my print agency has said they "require 300dpi images" for printing on
their large format printer, which it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125