Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 1.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: cyrusthevirus
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 07, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Lens problem with Pentax K100D

Il 02/06/2007 11:13, John Bean dixit:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 02:29:06 +0200, cyrusthevirus
wrote:

Il 01/06/2007 21:56, John Bean dixit:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:20:49 +0200,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Lens problem with Pentax K100D

Il 01/06/2007 21:56, John Bean dixit:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:20:49 +0200, cyrusthevirus
wrote:

Is there a way to use it "stop-down" or something similar?

Use "M" mode,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 1st 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Lens problem with Pentax K100D

Last week I bought a K100D, mainly because I have some nice
Pentax lenses from my previous film cameras, both K and 42×1.
Today, while testing a non-automatic 50 mm (Pentax-M), I
noticed it is used...
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By cyrusthevirus
glass powder inside lens

Il 26/05/2007 00:38, Mike Russell dixit:
"mikeN" wrote in message
Dropped my Nikon D70. Fortunately I had a uv filter on the end of...
Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 07, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By cyrusthevirus
[OT] plotter 3d

Chi non ha mai pensato di stampare una foto in tre dimensioni?
Ecco una soluzione interessante e curiosa:
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/candyfab/

Cyrus
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.usage.english,rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.fine
Replies: 26
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Why does English call a "still life" what the Italians call "NaturaMorta"

Il 27/04/2007 17:12, Jürgen Exner dixit:
wrote:
In looking up the American English meaning of "still life", I find the

Probably from German "Stillleben",...
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By cyrusthevirus
PENTAX K10D FIRMWARE UPDATE VERSION 1.20

Il 27/04/2007 00:49, Steve King dixit:
" wrote:
Version 1.20

* Added the required programming for compatability with the Pentax
Remote...
Forum: Digital Photography March 17th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Digital aging of subject in photo

Il 17/03/2007 02:22, RandyM dixit:
Let me give you all a little background info. My three year old grandson
recently passed away. I have hundreds of pictures of Ian and what I would
like to do...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Snow/rain on the lens and weather sealing

Il 13/03/2007 15:40, Doug McDonald dixit:

Like having an elephant **** on your camera. I actually had
this happen to my old Speed Graphic 4x5. It's better
than sitting on it, I guess.

This is...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 07, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Conflict between Muslims and Chritians is illusion

Il 10/03/2007 08:31, mercy of Islam dixit:
On Mar 10, 12:22 am, cyrusthevirus wrote:
Il 10/03/2007 08:13, mercy of Islam dixit:

Dear brothers. please read this article
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 07, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Conflict between Muslims and Chritians is illusion

Il 10/03/2007 08:13, mercy of Islam dixit:
Dear brothers. please read this article
http://www.muhajablahblah.com/snip.php

Just curious: Sunni use Mac and Shiia Pc, or viceversa?

Cyrus
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 194
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Computer

Il 09/03/2007 19:29, dixit:
On Mar 8, 11:48 am, "Roy G" wrote:
This just demonstrates the percentage of Mac users to PC users. There...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 194
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Computer

Il 09/03/2007 11:35, Neil Ellwood dixit:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:38:38 -0700
ray wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 14:43:00 +0000, Irby wrote:

It seems most people who work...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Irby! Do you remember what I wrote about computers?

Hi Irby!

Do you remember what I wrote yesterday about your Mac and PC question?
"Presently, between Mac and PCs there isn't a great difference: just
like between Sunni and Shia in Baghdad... "
I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 194
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Computer

Il 08/03/2007 15:43, Irby dixit:
It seems most people who work with graphics (including pictures) prefer a
Mac over a PC. Can anyone give me an explanation in layman's terms of why
this is? ...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By cyrusthevirus
SCOOP! Kodak make a camera i like!

On 08/03/2007 00:07, dixit:
I am up for a SuperZoom, but not ready for a SLR just yet
Seeing Kodak have just punched out the new Z712IS that is now on the
short list...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 3rd 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Canon announces the new EOS 1Ds Mark III Critic

On 03/03/2007 01:40, george dixit:
"cyrusthevirus" wrote in message
On 02/03/2007 22:37, Bob G dixit:

Canon expects the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 2nd 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Canon announces the new EOS 1Ds Mark III Critic

On 02/03/2007 22:37, Bob G dixit:

Canon expects the artistic quality of Photography worldwide to be
greatly improved with this new technology.

LOL!
I guess the Mark IV will have a bot posting...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 07, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By cyrusthevirus
opening angle vertical, horizontal, or diagonal

On 23 Feb 2007 03:28:44 -0800, wrote:
: i?m sorry for the missunderstanding (my english is very bad). The
: correct translation of "?ffnungswinkel" (in german) is aperture...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By cyrusthevirus
I am having issues connecting my camera to my comp....

On 23/02/2007 18:26, Shauhnathan dixit:

I have an apple macbook.

Try the dmesg command:
http://www.osxfaq.com/man/8/dmesg.ws
http://www.osxfaq.com/tips/unix-tricks/week61/friday.ws

Cyrus (the...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 22nd 07, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 5
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Canon unveils the fastesh digital SLR camera

On 22/02/2007 23:19, David J. Littleboy dixit:

But it's complete and total junk. It makes Kievs look like quality
merchandise.
It's shutter only lasts for 8.3 hours of use (at 10 fps)!

This...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Pentax K100D Infrared Test

On 20/02/2007 19:50, Paul Rubin dixit:
nospam writes:
another option is get infrared polyester film and some kind of holder:

The really cheesy way is to use a piece of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

nospam writes:
another option is get infrared polyester film and some kind of holder:

The really cheesy way is to use a piece of...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By cyrusthevirus
Pentax K100D Infrared Test

On 20/02/2007 19:39, nospam dixit:

i bought two of his filters last year. apparently his prices have gone
up dramatically since then - the 72mm filter i bought was $16, and now
it is $36!

I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems