Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrey Tarasevich
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 20, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Now you'll know when your iPhone is spying on you

On 9/22/2020 8:25 AM, nospam wrote:

one of the main reasons why there's so much malware on windows and
android is because it's so incredibly easy to do, requiring very little
skill.

Wrong....
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 20, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Now you'll know when your iPhone is spying on you

On 9/20/2020 3:14 PM, RichA wrote:
https://petapixel.com/2020/09/19/if-your-iphone-has-a-green-dot-in-ios-14-your-camera-may-be-spying-on-you/

Translation:

- When the green dot is off, your...
Forum: Digital Photography February 16th 17, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Zoom lenses

On 2/15/2017 11:38 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/media/2017/02/sag-2-552x1024.png

Totally different performance levels for each of these eight samples.
Doesn't the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 23rd 09, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Math question - sort of

John McWilliams wrote:

It's not just about the maths. Way too many other factors affecting IQ,
and I suspect most photographers will soon forget about how equivalent
one framing on one...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 23rd 09, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Math question - sort of

Eric Miller wrote:
So, for example, if I were to get a 7D at
18 megapixels how would that compare to 10D resolution wise in terms of
what focal length lens would I have had to put on the 10D...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 5th 09, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 61
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Stepped out pano

Dudley Hanks wrote:

So, I take it that increasing the number of shots / amount of overlap can
help make an image look seamless?

Yes, increasing the number of shots will help, but the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
[SI] recognised aspect ratios for photographic competitions.

D-Mac wrote:
The idea you can get a pair of scissors and attack a picture until it
has all the offensive bits cut out without regard for the aspect ratio
is about as logical as the poor...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16

D-Mac wrote:
The idea you can get a pair of scissors and attack a picture until it
has all the offensive bits cut out without regard for the aspect ratio
is about as logical as the poor...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 10th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 40
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Chromatic Aberration?

Scott W wrote:
On Jan 8, 2:57*pm, Pudentame wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
Is this chromatic aberration around the dogs' ears?

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 13th 07, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 22
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
(September, 10th) A new picture

Daniel Rocha wrote:

I would like to show you a new picture for this
week.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

One can greatly expand the range of possible interpretations by...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 28th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Fumbled football bouncing fast towards Canon's own endzone

RichA wrote:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1000&thread=24554970

Must be wrong link... No connection between the title of this thread and the
contents of the thread on...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Optical equivalent of lens

Denis wrote:
Like 4x optical zoom that you'd see written on a compact camera spec

"4x optical zoom" refers to the ratio between the longest and the shortest focal
length of the lens....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 18th 07, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Bell beginning to toll for reflexive optical viewfinders?

RichA wrote:
Thing I don't get is why the S-700? It's a cheap Fuji. If this
finder is so great, why not put it in the top line Fuji P&S?

"Electronic" viewfinders occupy...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 07, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26

RichA wrote:
Thing I don't get is why the S-700? It's a cheap Fuji. If this
finder is so great, why not put it in the top line Fuji P&S?

"Electronic" viewfinders occupy...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 15th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 52
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Getting your web images to display correctly on my monitor

D_Mac wrote:
A fellow in Europe has produced an ICC profile to overcome much of the
problem in using sRGB for web images

Sorry, but you whole post is just an illogical mishmash...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 15th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 52
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Getting your web images to display correctly on my monitor

Noons wrote:
Oh, I hate sRGB. Always use adobergb. Mostly because
it's what my printer uses best.
These:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/pumpiron.jpg
and
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 3rd 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
- Mandate - Bond

Joe Makowiec wrote:
Bond? Jim?

No. Jail.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 30th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
(July, 30th) Structure

Draco wrote:
I would like to show you a new picture

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

No real point of focus.

Not supposed to be present on an image like that....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 26th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 20
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
PANO FOR HELEN ! THANK BRET WITH ALL MY HEART!

HEAVEN.....that's what it
is. I wouldn't want to come back down from cloud 9!
Thank you Bret, for giving me that piece of Heaven!

Normally, it's...
Forum: Digital Photography July 24th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Perspective

N wrote:
If perspective has nothing to do with focal length and only relates to the
distance between the subject and camera, what makes a 50mm lens normal?

If you expose a standard 35mm frame...
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Photoshop CS3 Bridge Question.

Felix wrote:
You will have to upgrade your CS3 products. I am not sure whether it
is the Camera Raw 4.1 or the Bridge 2.1 upgrade that makes the change.
After the upgrade, highlight the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 15th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Land of The Rising (Film Lens) Sun ---

Scott W wrote:
Gee, DSLR sales are growing very fast and guess what sales of lenses
to go with them are up as well. Sales of 35mm film cameras are all but
gone, anyone want to take a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 25th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
Professional chimper

G.T. wrote:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/giro07/giro07st09-time.jpg

It would be interesting to find out how many of these anti-chimping advocates
belong to Nikon camp and like...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 25th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
- Mandate - Rust Never Sleeps

Annika1980 wrote:
On May 24, 6:02 am, JimKramer wrote:
From Paul Campbell

Document the inevitable decline of metal.

Perhaps a few shots of Quiet Riot or Black...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 23rd 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Andrey Tarasevich
35mm film lens on DSLR

D.M. Procida wrote:
I presume that because of the mirror, the lens can't be brought any
closer to the sensor plane.

It is not specifically "because of the mirror". The lens can't be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72