Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 1.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Douglas Johnson[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 14, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Travel Camera

Mort wrote:

For light weight travel and simplicity, I use a Canon PowerShot S-120 on
trips.

Let me second that. I've had one for the last six months and really like it....
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 13, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 144
Apple. Is it true that no one can stand their latest op-sys?

nospam wrote:

In article , Douglas
Johnson wrote:

what guis existed in the 1970s, which was the pdp11...
Forum: Digital Photography December 23rd 13, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 144
Apple. Is it true that no one can stand their latest op-sys?

nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

But they were not commercially effective at the
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 13, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Scumbag Apple guilty of PRICE FIXING e-books

nospam wrote:

In article , Mayayana

For a bit more one can actually own
the real book rather than leasing access to a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 13, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Sharpening

Tony Cooper wrote:.

Why "unlike USM"? When I use any form of sharpening I make it on a
new layer. If I don't like the effect, I delete the layer.

I learned something...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 13, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Sharpening

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 23:38:33 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

Is there anything better than unsharp mask to sharpen an image?...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 2nd 12, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

Robert Coe wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 18:06:50 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
: Savageduck ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 21st 12, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 226
Sony to ax 10,000 jobs in turnaround bid: Nikkei - (via Reuters)

Mxsmanic wrote:

Eric Stevens writes:

Over the years I have encountered a surprising number of applications
with memory leaks, unreclaimed buffer spaces etc, all of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 20th 12, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
What Nikon has done with the D3200

RichA wrote:
All of a sudden, people owning P&S's couldn't hope to
compete with the new $3000 entry-level DSLRs and still can't. But
that is now changing. P&S's are still...
Forum: Digital Photography May 4th 11, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Machu Picchu treasures

"mmyvusenet" wrote:

Hello:

Recently there was an exhibition of ancient treasures found in Machu Picchu,
which were returned to Peru, I took this photo:

Were these...
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Outside the cage

"MC" wrote:

Or learn how to take better pictures.

I think that is what he is trying to do. His pictures have improve quite a bit
over the last year or so. Is he ready for National...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 10, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
More questions about digitizing slides

"Neil Harrington" wrote:

"Skylamar" wrote in message
I posted a few weeks ago that I'm trying to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 29th 10, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Ansel Adams negative's story heats up

Savageduck wrote:

The true value of these negatives, if proven to be genuine, lies in
what they are, and who created them, not any pseudo "Adams" prints
which...
Forum: Digital Photography June 6th 10, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Photo about Main Square

Bruce wrote:

Here is someone who is unusually inept and who shows an absence of any
willingness to improve. He gets worse, not better.

So kill file him and put him out of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 10, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Photo about Main Square

"mmyvusenet" wrote:

Hello Allen, interesting suggestion, the day is overcast today, but while I
also added this photo from another...
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 10, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Photo about Main Square

Bruce wrote:

It makes one want to take a flight to Lima and shoot those wonderful
buildings, then shoot the OP. ;-)

Be nice. We were all beginning photographers once. ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 10, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Good Friday Photos

"mmyvusenet" wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4485313933/

One of the problems I've had with your pictures is that I don't know what you
are trying to show me....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 9th 10, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 74
Photography and forensic science

Alan Browne wrote:

On 10-02-08 10:30 , Douglas Johnson wrote:
wrote:

Ran across some interesting posts about...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 8th 10, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 74
Photography and forensic science

"Charles" wrote:

Ran across some interesting posts about faked photos. Led me to...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 10, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 65
[SI] 46.8 degrees photos are available for viewing

tony cooper wrote:

"Waiting for Amtrak" was taken inside the Orlando train station. I've
been doing mostly "street" or "urban" photography lately and
concentrating...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 09, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Does anyone make a small-sized full frame DSLR?

(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Bowser wrote:

The OM2 was amazing, no?

It was indeed. Still have mine. Tough to find parts.

I still have mine, too. I bought a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 27th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 591
Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Alan Browne wrote:

Your "portraits" of people are too static and posed (although very
detailed and rich), so shots like the farmers working tell us more about...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 23rd 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 74
Avoid Chinese-made garbage

Rich wrote:

Sigh. The U.S. spends more on various forms of welfare than any other
country on the planet. They always have.

Source?

-- Doug
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 23rd 09, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 74
Avoid Chinese-made garbage

Twibil wrote:

It's just that there's no way to tell how many people out there "have
given up looking", or, for that matter, how many never wanted a job of
any sort in the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 22nd 09, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 74
Avoid Chinese-made garbage

Chris H wrote:

Not correct. With 20% of the legal US population unemployed you are not
"doing well"

Instead of quoting bar buddies as authorities, it is easy enough to find...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97