Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Juan Moore Beer
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 08, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
RAW prints

Can anyone recommend an online service for making prints from RAW?

________________________________________________________________________*
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Photographing Cars

As for Jay Martins post, I really, really wasn't expecting this.

I can't see Jay Martin's posts? He is not in my kill file that I can see.

Jay,

Is there any chance you have been trying to...
Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - The Story

You can upload your wedding photos for the rest of us to see at
http://www.pragmo.com

I was going to do that, but after writing about some horrible things about
the event of which the bride...
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
introductory digital photo course for teenagers

Can I sign up? If you transpose the numbers in my age it would say I am
15 ;-)

________________________________________________________________________*
: the next generation of web-newsreaders :...
Forum: Digital Photography January 21st 08, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

In my film days, I would try not to waste too many shots, possibly because
of the extra time and expense for developing.

I find myself still not taking as many shots as I could, even though I...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - The Story

On Jan 17 2008 3:25 PM, Phil Anderson wrote:

Great story, Juan, I feel like I was there! But, I'm glad I wasn't and I'm
sorry you had to be...

"Juan Moore Beer" ...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - The Story

I am not sure where to start.

This was a non=traditional wedding to say the least. I arrived in New
Jersey about four hours before the wedding, and learned that it would not
be posssible to get...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - Update

The horror.
More later.

----*
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 07, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Different strokes

On Dec 19 2007 1:58 PM, George Kerby wrote:

On 12/19/07 11:00 AM, in article
, "Tully"
wrote:

I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 07, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Absolute simplest digital camera.

On Dec 2 2007 9:40 PM, Charlie wrote:

Thanks for all suggestions. Unless you are familiar with this
condition.... snip

Charlie,

Are you in a location where you have a lot of places...
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Palace of Fine Arts

OK - I'll be the first of the DSLR guys to comment - Nice shot.

On Nov 18 2007 10:09 PM, DustinR. wrote:

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:19:41 GMT, John Navas
wrote:

On...
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 07, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
How often do you take your stuff?

I have been taking my bag everywhere, even when I have no plans for taking
any photos.

It started soon after I bought my new camera.

We were away on a family weekend, had just left the amusement...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - Final Plan - First Draft

On Nov 9 2007 4:34 PM, SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:

That's what's great about Canon and Nikon, for $25 you can rent good
glass for a day, provided it's a metro area with a real professional
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer - Final Plan - First Draft

OK guys and gals. Thanks again.

Here is my plan.

I will take both the 400d and the Rebel G. I will mainly use the 400d but
will keep the Rebel G as a backup. My wife will take some pictures...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 07, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
RAW or Cooked (was Reluctant Wedding Photographer)

On Nov 8 2007 5:09 AM, Martin Brown wrote:

snipped

Oh and check ahead of time if you buy the bigger cards that your
cameras firmware is modern enough to use *all* of the card properly. I
Forum: Digital Photography November 7th 07, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
RAW or Cooked (was Reluctant Wedding Photographer)

As far as shooting in RAW. Its a great idea but if you do you will need
about twice as many mem cards as you thought you would. Also, you will need
to go thru every shot and convert...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer (Thanks to All!)

Thank you all for the great information. I will try to absorb as much of
it as I can and (hopefully) will give a very special girl the wedding
present she deserves.

Many of your posts have helped...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer

On Nov 5 2007 8:51 PM, Mr. Strat wrote:

In article , Juan Moore Beer
wrote:

That is what I am hoping for. I tried to explain that...
Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer

On Nov 5 2007 3:04 PM, Mr. Strat wrote:

In article , Juan Moore Beer
wrote:

I think I know the very basics about what to take with...
Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Reluctant Wedding Photographer

My niece has asked me to be her wedding photographer, and it is giving me
nightmares.

You know the screnario, two very young kids, in love and in trouble, and
are getting married on a very tight...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
The Dangers of a Rural Photographic Expedition (slightly o.t.)

snipped

Looks like you guys need to invest in satellite radio so you can go
wherever you like and listen to what you want. Think of the localized
radio fare as part of the 'rural...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
Flashes - Do you get what you pay for?

On Nov 1 2007 12:23 PM, Sean P. wrote:

Juan Moore Beer wrote:

I have recently purchased a Canon 400d, and have started thinking that I
will need an external flash for some situations.
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
The Dangers of a Rural Photographic Expedition (slightly o.t.)

I'm with you, but it doesn't have the lasting effect. I don't like it,
but as soon as the light changes, it coes away.

On Nov 1 2007 1:36 PM, Kinon O'Cann wrote:

"Juan Moore Beer"...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 07, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
The Dangers of a Rural Photographic Expedition (slightly o.t.)

At the risk of passing my problem on to others, I now have the song
"Silvia's Mother" constantly repeating itself in my head. A song much
better left forgotten, IMHO.

On Nov 1 2007 10:54 AM, Pat...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 07, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Juan Moore Beer
The Dangers of a Rural Photographic Expedition (slightly o.t.)

Expedition may be an an exaggeration, but Danger is not.

It was a lovely day here in Western Pennsylvania two days ago. I decided
to take a ride into a familiar rural area to see if I could capture...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29