Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan Smithee
Forum: In The Darkroom January 11th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Smithee
RC vs Fibre Imagination

I don't have a lot of experience with fibre paper. I've just started
printing on some recently. Visually it looks less grainy than RC. Am I
imagining things?

No. Not only is it less...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 11th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Smithee
RC vs Fibre Imagination

I don't have a lot of experience with fibre paper. I've just started
printing on some recently. Visually it looks less grainy than RC. Am I
imagining things?
Forum: In The Darkroom January 3rd 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan Smithee
Quiz time: Testing Paper's Density Range

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"Alan Smithee" wrote

Please help. I put a...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 3rd 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan Smithee
Quiz time: Testing Paper's Density Range

Please help. I put a T3110 over a piece of Agfa Warmtone Fiber VC paper with
a #2 filter and received the following results:

- No differentiation between steps two and three. So three is "black".
-...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 31st 06, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 24
Posted By Alan Smithee
Arista Ortho Lith Film Problem

Nothing to do with pyro. It's a bleach and flash procedure, to make lith
negs reverse at time of development. No interpositive needed.
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/NbyR/nbyr.html

"Ron Gans"...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 30th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Smithee
Fixing PMK Pyro

I know TF-4 is the recommended fixer for PMK and TMX-100. How about Kodak
Rapid Fix without Part B (the hardener). Can this also work or will problems
result? Thx.
Forum: In The Darkroom December 30th 06, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Alan Smithee
Gold Toner Stock Solution

So, 1 gram gold chloride in enough distilled water to make 100 ml of volume
would be 1 per cent? A lot of formula call for .2 per cent. So just make a
working solution of 1:5 from the stock...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 30th 06, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Alan Smithee
Color management problem

Are you using the original inkset for your printer? Are you using the paper
made by the manufacture for the profile? You need to have a calibrated
monitor if you're serious about printing photos from...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 30th 06, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 24
Posted By Alan Smithee
Arista Ortho Lith Film Problem

How do you reverse your original to make the positive? Or are you shooting
on reversal black and white (Scala?). Nothing is nothing to do with the
original problem I'm just curious. I intend to start...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 30th 06, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 24
Posted By Alan Smithee
Arista Ortho Lith Film Problem

That sounds like enough volume. If not air then probably a flaw in the lith
film then. Send it back to the supplier. Bad batch.

"Ron Gans" wrote in...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 30th 06, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 24
Posted By Alan Smithee
Arista Ortho Lith Film Problem

Generally, the amount of (film) dektol is in the range of 1:36 to 1:72;
but my technicque is very uniform; there is continual agitation.
Sometimes the neg is perfect; but it's really a crap...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 29th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Alan Smithee
Gold Toner Stock Solution

I'm just starting experimenting with gold toners. I bought a gram of gold
chloride. What's are people doing with regards to stock solutions? Any
favourite toners? Thx.
Forum: In The Darkroom December 6th 06, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Smithee
Kodak R-21A Reversal Bath

I'm having trouble locating a local source in Canada for concentrated
sulfuric acid (98%) my photo chem supplier no longer carries it. Can the
reversal bath formula R21-A be adjusted easily to use...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 30th 06, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan Smithee
What do you hang you film hangers on?

Thanks everybody for the great info....

"Stephane Schmuck" wrote in message
Alan Smithee wrote:
It's small...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 29th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan Smithee
What do you hang you film hangers on?

It's small request, but, once you take your film out of the tank and attach
the film hangers what do you hang the hangers on? Currently I'm using a
couple of dry wall screws with some alligator paper...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 21st 06, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Alan Smithee
Cancer. Photo chemicals. Are they linked?

"Shakti V. via PhotoKB.com" u15922@uwe wrote in message
I mix my own chemicals now. It just worries me, because as of the recent
reports, the rates of cancer, are...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 12th 06, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Alan Smithee
Producing Big 16x20 Negatives (Analog Only)

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"Alan Smithee" wrote

p.s. while I'm on the subject...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 12th 06, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Alan Smithee
Producing Big 16x20 Negatives (Analog Only)

What are the best and or easiest methods of producing large negatives,
discounting inkjet or digital methods. Do I have to make an internegative
first? The goal is to produce a 16x20 an argyrotype...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 4th 06, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Smithee
4 by 5 Glass Carrier for 35mm Neg Newton Rings

Ah I get it now. I was thinking "paper" in front of the negative...duh. So
basically you can cut a custom mask to print to the edge of the sprockets
this way. I think I give it a try.
Forum: In The Darkroom September 2nd 06, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Smithee
4 by 5 Glass Carrier for 35mm Neg Newton Rings

"darkroommike" wrote in message
j wrote:
"darkroommike" wrote:

Most of the...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 30th 06, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Smithee
4 by 5 Glass Carrier for 35mm Neg Newton Rings

I wanted to printed a 35mm to included the sprocket holes and film
information. I thought I'd us a surplus 4x5 glass Beseler carrier. It
appears now that I'm getting Newton's rings on the prints. My...
Forum: Digital Photography August 29th 06, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Alan Smithee
Digital Finders, Why So Small?

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
Alan Smithee wrote:
OK. So I'm shopping for a digital...
Forum: Digital Photography August 29th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Alan Smithee
Digital Finders, Why So Small?

OK. So I'm shopping for a digital camera for colour work. I'm still with
film for Black And White work. How disappointing is all I can say. I compare
the finders of my film cameras Konicas (T3, FT-1)...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 27th 06, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Smithee
Building a Light Table

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"Bob Salomon" wrote
"Alan Smithee"...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 27th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Smithee
Building a Light Table

I'm building a light table. I'm going to use either 18" or 24" fluorescent
tubes. I have a nearby plastics shop which has acrylic and plexi sheets. How
fussy to I need to be about the colour of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41