Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: erie patsellis
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 21st 11, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
Posted By erie patsellis
Recommendation Request

and if you can't, shoot me an email, I have a spare 19" Artar sitting here in a barrel.

erie

On 3/13/2011 7:18 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
In...
Forum: Digital Photography July 19th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 57
Posted By erie patsellis
How to spend $15,000 to take vacation-quality snapshots

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Did Ansel Adams use cheap **** cameras? For that
matter, does Rockwell? How about Dorothea Lange, Alert
Eisenstadt, or Cartier-Bresson?

Please name someone who...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 5th 09, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By erie patsellis
Compatible Cold light heads for Omega D5V

john joseph wrote:
Richard Knoppow wrote:
"Lew" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a run...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 9th 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 5
Posted By erie patsellis
Rochester Optical Company Universal view camera, cont'd.

And with a modicum of woodworking skills, e.g. not cutting appendages off when working,
you can get well within the needed accuracy.

erie
David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/7/2009 6:22 PM John J spake...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 9th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Posted By erie patsellis
help with light source for 8x10 enlarger

Bill,
I have had great succes (1/3 stop difference across the field) with an 10x12 diffusor, I
use a scrap of white acrylic I had lying around, and 4 150W CFL bulbs, approx 4" above,
spaced 5"...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 22nd 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By erie patsellis
Schneider 210mm Angulon.

Just for the record, I top-posted when I saw the author was Erie. I
know Erie, and was trying to be accommodating to his top-post.

Why? You know what he did was wrong. You...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 20th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By erie patsellis
Schneider 210mm Angulon.

I just hate scrolling all the way down on a 1600x1200 screen to see a reply...

erie

John J wrote:
(sorry for top-posting, but it works better for Erie.)

Yes, it does fit a #3. Found a...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 20th 09, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By erie patsellis
Schneider 210mm Angulon.

They might be worth a little effort, depends on if you have a 159mm or thereabouts for the
8x10. Most likely the should screw right into a Betax/Alphax shutter, likely a #3 what
diameter and...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 20th 09, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By erie patsellis
Schneider 210mm Angulon.

John, just remembered this page: http://www.lensn2shutter.com/shutters.html#link5 has a
good list of the major shutters and thread diameters.

erie
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 14th 09, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By erie patsellis
Schneider 210mm Angulon.

Find one in a compound shutter, have a CLA done, and make sure to leave it to somebody on
the list in your will. They are stellar performers optically, though contrast isn't as
high as later...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 9th 09, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 23
Posted By erie patsellis
Favourite B&W Films.

On 2009-03-09 16:30:19 -0400, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
said:

Charles Hohenstein wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't believe Plus-X is available in 220...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 4th 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By erie patsellis
Cross process c41 with black and white chemicals

Or, for more fun, google C41 Acceleration.

erie

Doug Jewell wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone have some ballpark times or even qualitative guesses for
processing color...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 22nd 09, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 19
Posted By erie patsellis
Getting into large format photography

John J wrote:
VOR-DME wrote:

A monorail camera is a better learning support, as it is a direct
application of an optical bench.

I would recommend a camera with clear zero indicators...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 21st 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 0
Posted By erie patsellis
question on lens mounting

Cheesehead wrote:
Lats night I picked up a Goerz 19 inch red dot artar at a pretty
reasoable price.
Now I wonder about mouting it in a shutter -- an expensive option.
Is there any shutter...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 31st 08, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 106
Posted By erie patsellis
Hasselblad 56x42mm 60 mpix

Noons wrote:
On Dec 31, 6:41 am, "Neil Gould" wrote:

I think that the drug store _processors_ are a lot more consistent than the
"professional" processors of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 106
Posted By erie patsellis
Hasselblad 56x42mm 60 mpix

Alan Browne wrote:
Ken Hart1 wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
David J Taylor wrote:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 29th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 106
Posted By erie patsellis
Hasselblad 56x42mm 60 mpix

There is some credence in films superiority, and in certain applications (weddings come to
mind), film's tolerance to exposure errors, and "soft clipping" of highlights can be a
lifesaver to those...
Forum: In The Darkroom November 19th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 2
Posted By erie patsellis
Richard K

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"John J" wrote in message
Your CD with the Saltzman catalog went into the mail
Forum: In The Darkroom September 7th 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By erie patsellis
WATTS - Hot light, Cold Light

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
erie patsellis wrote:

John,
my .02, for my enlargers (yet to be completed, due to lack of anywhere
to put them) I'm making a cold light head, basically...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 7th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By erie patsellis
WATTS - Hot light, Cold Light

John J wrote:
erie patsellis wrote:

John,
my .02, for my enlargers (yet to be completed, due to lack of anywhere
to put them) I'm making a cold light head, basically 10-15mm neon
Forum: In The Darkroom September 7th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By erie patsellis
WATTS - Hot light, Cold Light

John J wrote:
Briefly: For strictly black & white printing, does a cold head gives as
much _usable_ light as, say, four 150W tungsten bulbs? Four 250W bulbs?
Do the cold lights give more...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 27th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By erie patsellis
Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets of 8x10"

John,

Unicolor 16x20 drum, has divider rods and clips (if you find a complete one)

If you need pics, drop me an email offlist and I'll shoot some to illustrate.

erie

John wrote:
Rolling drum...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 15th 08, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By erie patsellis
Beautiful enlarger soon to be in landfill

On 2008-07-13, Ken Hart wrote:
"David Nebenzahl"...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 12th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 17
Posted By erie patsellis
Home Made Registration Punch and Carrier?

John, I'll PM some pics tomorrow over on the "film site"....

erie

John wrote:
See how ignorant I am - I never heard of a Wing Lynch. You have quite
Forum: In The Darkroom June 12th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 17
Posted By erie patsellis
Home Made Registration Punch and Carrier?

Naw, don't go there, I've been building 16x20 film holders, pining for the day when I can
shoot "real" film, instead of lith film. (20x24 are next). I can make Eau Claire in about
7 when I visit...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35