PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Where I inherited my lens addiction (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=97912)

Paul Furman May 3rd 08 07:13 PM

Where I inherited my lens addiction

http://edgehill.net/Misc/photography/Tokyo-Optical-Co
Takes Moonlight Pictures
Len Furman, Acme Newpictures photographer in Tokyo, looks through the
new f0.7 lens made by Tokyo Optical Co., and said to admit four times as
much light as any other present lens. Japanese photographers claim to
have made good pictures by moonlight at 1/5 second. The firm plans to
produce 300 lenses a month to sell for about $250 each.
1951

Alan Browne May 3rd 08 08:02 PM

Paul Furman wrote:
http://edgehill.net/Misc/photography/Tokyo-Optical-Co
Takes Moonlight Pictures
Len Furman, Acme Newpictures photographer in Tokyo, looks through the
new f0.7 lens made by Tokyo Optical Co., and said to admit four times as
much light as any other present lens. Japanese photographers claim to
have made good pictures by moonlight at 1/5 second. The firm plans to
produce 300 lenses a month to sell for about $250 each.
1951

Any relationship to you?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Paul Furman May 3rd 08 08:41 PM

Alan Browne wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
http://edgehill.net/Misc/photography/Tokyo-Optical-Co
Takes Moonlight Pictures
Len Furman, Acme Newpictures photographer in Tokyo, looks through the
new f0.7 lens made by Tokyo Optical Co., and said to admit four times
as much light as any other present lens. Japanese photographers claim
to have made good pictures by moonlight at 1/5 second. The firm plans
to produce 300 lenses a month to sell for about $250 each.
1951

Any relationship to you?

My father. He died when I was a child, my mother dug up a portfolio of
newspaper clippings & typed news stories I haven't seen in ages, mostly
from Japan & Korea but unfortunately not many photos. He also worked as
a Weegee type crime beat reporter in Chicago, those would be interesting
to see. All before I came around.