PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cross process c41 with black and white chemicals (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=132838)

Zappi June 22nd 20 02:01 PM

Cross process c41 with black and white chemicals

On 7/12/13 3:37 pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:49:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Does anyone have some ballpark times or even qualitative guesses for
processing color print film with black and white chemicals?

I'm taking a class and have free (as in beer) access to b/w
chemicals. Also, I have a few rolls of color (and some slides) laying
around and would be interested to see what they look like when cross
processed.

It's kind of silly, but I don't plan on using the rolls for anything
else.

I've developed a few C-41 films (expired Kodacolour 400 and fresh 200)
using variations on the times for Ilford XP2 (I use Ilfosol 3). Since
they have less silver in them it's better to develop for a bit longer
than not enough!

You should get decently contrasty negatives - tones aren't the best but
they look passable.

--
------------
Zappi

zappi on irc.gotham.chat
-----------

Wilbert Vandenberg December 31st 20 05:53 PM

Cross process c41 with black and white chemicals

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+B+W+chemistry

Ken Hart[_4_] December 31st 20 08:53 PM

On 12/31/20 11:53 AM, Wilbert Vandenberg wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+B+W+chemistry

Sure, it will work. Printing exposures will be long because of the
orange mask of the color negs. The orange mask may affect polycontrast
papers.

But why do it? Color chems are not that expensive. I buy Fuji C-41
chemicals in 10L packages, and mix only what I need. It's helpful to
have a couple of syringes for those 6mL of parts B & C!
Color film developing isn't that difficult. Developing is done at 100F
plus or minus 0.5F. But it's only for 3.5 minutes. The rest of the
chemicals are plus or minus 5F.

--
Ken Hart