PhotoBanter.com

-   General Photography Techniques (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   king of 1999 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=70922)

marika October 4th 06 01:57 AM

king of 1999

Just wanted to let you know that I'm alive & well and pressing on in my
photography. I have promised myself that every city I visit, I will scout
out
the photograpy happenings and show my work. Gives me an opportunity to
practice

Well last nite I attended this club
.. What an experience --
mostly young alternative writers, some good, some needing much work on
their
poetry -- performance, voice & writings, a few seasoned writers, and oh --
one older citizen spewled on about governmental issues, don't think anyone
was really listening as one person shouted out "and what's your point"
eeekkkkeee....

anyway I had a blast & meet a lady -- I'd
say she'd fit right into my scene -- great performance & a new found
friend here -- she schooled me on the happenings for
this area for poetry readings...

The word is that not many businesses are open to poetry readings & many
places have shut down in the area leaving very little options for poets. I
can only speak about this area & I will be blazing the trail for other
sites for poets to read & I welcome any info from you all if you know of
any
other places or contacts. Not sure how long I will be here but I'm working
it, poetry that is, as best I know how...and I add that I am truly blessed
have met people who believe in the art --

What a blessing to have experienced first hand the many talents &
opportunities Roanoke has to offer each of us -- this was nothing like
Roanoke -- trust me for a city as big as it is -- Jacksonville, we got it
going on....good things come in small packages & small numbers -- not all
the
time is bigger better....