PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Canon PowerShot G3 lens gets stuck on start up, camera shuts down (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69204)

[email protected] August 26th 06 02:26 PM

Canon PowerShot G3 lens gets stuck on start up, camera shuts down

Help on this problem, please. I have a Canon PowerShot G3 for 3 years.
Until now only problem was LCD black-out on twist, which is bearable.
But now (maybe due to sea water), the lens gets stuck (doesn't extend)
upon power-on, the servo sounds a noise, and then the camera shuts down.

Bart van der Wolf August 26th 06 06:59 PM

Canon PowerShot G3 lens gets stuck on start up, camera shuts down

wrote in message
ups.com...
Help on this problem, please. I have a Canon PowerShot G3 for 3
years. Until now only problem was LCD black-out on twist, which is
bearable. But now (maybe due to sea water), the lens gets stuck
(doesn't extend) upon power-on, the servo sounds a noise, and then
the camera shuts down.

It needs service. Maybe they can offer you an alternative instead of
repairing, ask them.

--
Bart

John Turco August 29th 06 06:10 AM

wrote:

Help on this problem, please. I have a Canon PowerShot G3 for 3 years.
Until now only problem was LCD black-out on twist, which is bearable.
But now (maybe due to sea water), the lens gets stuck (doesn't extend)
upon power-on, the servo sounds a noise, and then the camera shuts down.

Hello,

"DarnToothySam" not only sells/auctions secondhand digital cameras
(and their individual parts), he also fixes them, and his prices
seem quite reasonable. Here are his Web sites:

DarnToothySam.com
http://www.darntoothysam.com

DarnToothySam - eBay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/DarnToothySam

Good luck!

Cordially,
John Turco

[email protected] September 6th 06 11:45 AM

Canon PowerShot G3 lens gets stuck on start up, camera shuts down

Solved it by myself: unscrewed the camera, let it dry for 3 days,
and then screwed it back again. Works OK now. Probably water
droplets entered the body and caused the problem.