PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bowser - SI mandate suggestion (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=117701)

Tony Cooper April 8th 11 06:00 AM

Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Stuffed Crust[_2_] April 8th 11 01:40 PM

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

.....oooo, I like. There's a *lot* of potential there.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^

Savageduck[_3_] April 9th 11 04:29 AM

On 2011-04-08 20:04:58 -0700, Annika1980 said:

On Apr 8, 1:00*am, tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? *We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. *I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. *That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

That about the dumbest idea for a mandate yet. The only one I can
think of that would be dumber would be "Museums."

In your own neighborhood you have one museum which might interest you.
http://www.golfhousetennessee.com/To...nessee-57.html

or perhaps a road trip up North would take you to this one.
http://www.usgamuseum.com/

Then you could take a shot of a nine iron as your "weapon" submission.
Maybe if you could find an old "mashie" that would be more appropriate.

Savageduck

Tony Cooper April 9th 11 05:53 AM

Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:29:30 -0700, Savageduck

On 2011-04-08 20:04:58 -0700, Annika1980 said:

[...]

Obviously, the weapon that he is not possessed of is a rapier wit.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Paul Furman April 9th 11 10:59 PM

tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

Or you could always shoot a cop ;-)

Paul,
-who photographed some policemen at a street fair today...

PeterN April 10th 11 06:33 PM

On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

Would victims of weapons qualify?

--
Peter

Tony Cooper April 10th 11 07:21 PM

Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:33:23 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

Would victims of weapons qualify?

We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
Isn't that what we're told?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Eric Stevens April 10th 11 09:21 PM

Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

wrote:

On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

Would victims of weapons qualify?

We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
Isn't that what we're told?

Drills don't cause holes either.

Regards,

Eric Stevens

PeterN April 10th 11 11:06 PM

wrote:

On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

Would victims of weapons qualify?

We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
Isn't that what we're told?

I forgot and lost my head.

--
Peter

PeterN April 10th 11 11:07 PM

wrote:

On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

Would victims of weapons qualify?

We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
Isn't that what we're told?

Drills don't cause holes either.

Agreed. they teach our troops how to march.

TEN HUT!

--
Peter