PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I still like 35mm film. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=12192)

GorillaRot September 8th 04 03:47 AM

I still like 35mm film.

Is there something wrong with me?

jpmcw September 8th 04 03:51 AM

GorillaRot wrote:
Is there something wrong with me?

Probably, but not because you like film.

Are you looking for psychoanalysis, amusement, flames?

==

John McWilliams

Tony September 8th 04 05:53 AM

Yes there is definitely something wrong with you.
I doubt it has anything to do with liking film though.
Wouldn't want to speculate on what exactly is your problem - but it is
apparent to everyone.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Chris Brown September 8th 04 11:29 AM

In article ,
GorillaRot wrote:
Is there something wrong with me?

Only that you've obviously not had sufficient exposure (no pun intended) to
120 film. ;-

Chris Brown September 8th 04 11:29 AM

Bowser September 8th 04 02:42 PM

Yeah, you're willing to shoot for quality at the expense of a speed. This is
sick. Everyone knows that it's time to abandon tonality, color, detail, and
that old fashioned stuff for speed. What's your problem? You want to
concentrate on producing quality images instead of using volume to make up
for lack of talent?

Annika1980 September 8th 04 03:33 PM

From: "Bowser"

Yeah, you're willing to shoot for quality at the expense of a speed. This is
sick. Everyone knows that it's time to abandon tonality, color, detail, and
that old fashioned stuff for speed. What's your problem? You want to
concentrate on producing quality images instead of using volume to make up
for lack of talent?

Is this an old post?
Surely, it couldn't have been written in the last 4-5 years.

I like the "talent" argument. Surely, nobody who shoots digital has any
talent, right? Go back in your cave.

Matt Clara September 8th 04 04:45 PM

From: "Bowser"

Yeah, you're willing to shoot for quality at the expense of a speed. This

is
sick. Everyone knows that it's time to abandon tonality, color, detail,

and
that old fashioned stuff for speed. What's your problem? You want to
concentrate on producing quality images instead of using volume to make

up
for lack of talent?

Is this an old post?
Surely, it couldn't have been written in the last 4-5 years.

I like the "talent" argument. Surely, nobody who shoots digital has any
talent, right? Go back in your cave.

It's true, though, that the current crop of 6 megapixel digital slr's cannot
beat a good scan of Fuji Velvia. It's also true that that route is slower
than a DSLR, in terms of image to print.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com