PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SUN SETS ON THE 40D! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=99434)

Russell D. July 9th 08 03:49 PM

SUN SETS ON THE 40D!

Annika1980 wrote:
Took this one the other day on my anniversary.
It was a good day. Even Spike was there.

Nice picture. One question. Why did you take the photo at ISO 400
instead of 100? There is plenty of Tv to play with.

Just curious.

Russell

Who sees a long and steep digital learning curve ahead.

Russell D. July 11th 08 12:09 AM

SUN SETS ON THE 40D!

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 9, 10:49 am, "Russell D." wrote:

Nice picture. One question. Why did you take the photo at ISO 400
instead of 100? There is plenty of Tv to play with.

Just curious.

No good reason. That's just the ISO setting I had been using for some
other shots and I got lazy and didn't even notice. Fortunately the
40D has such low-noise at ISO 400 (even approaching the 5D) that it
really doesn't make much of a difference.
The benefit, of course, is the faster shutter speed which freezes the
wings of the flying birds against the sky.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll remember that. I'm loving my 40D so far.

Russell