PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   flash unit for Canon Rebel (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=78717)

Jim and Terri Bomier March 21st 07 03:49 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

Bill Funk March 21st 07 06:17 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:49:17 -0500, "Jim and Terri Bomier"
wrote:

Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

Sigma EF 500 DG Super. I bought one for my Digital Rebel, and continue
to use it on my 30D.

--
Washington D.C. madam Deborah
Palfrey was allowed Friday to

just bob March 21st 07 09:51 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

"Jim and Terri Bomier" wrote in message
Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

My dad is using his Rebel with a Vivitar 283, but he needed some adapter(s).

Joseph Meehan March 21st 07 11:58 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

Jim and Terri Bomier wrote:
Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

What are your needs?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Dave March 22nd 07 04:05 AM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

wrote:
Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

Sigma EF 500 DG Super. I bought one for my Digital Rebel, and continue
to use it on my 30D.

--
Washington D.C. madam Deborah
Palfrey was allowed Friday to
give her client list to the
press. Lawmakers on Capitol
Hill are said to be terrified.
Let's hope the voters in South
Carolina and Oklahoma appreciate
all the fear because they may
be the last two states in the
union where a hooker scandal
could hurt the candidate.

Does the Sigma support the E-TTL II standard utilized by the 30D?

Bill Funk March 22nd 07 04:12 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

wrote:
Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

Sigma EF 500 DG Super. I bought one for my Digital Rebel, and continue
to use it on my 30D.

--
Washington D.C. madam Deborah
Palfrey was allowed Friday to
give her client list to the
press. Lawmakers on Capitol
Hill are said to be terrified.
Let's hope the voters in South
Carolina and Oklahoma appreciate
all the fear because they may
be the last two states in the
union where a hooker scandal
could hurt the candidate.

Does the Sigma support the E-TTL II standard utilized by the 30D?

The Super does...
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/flashes/fl...57&navigator=1

Wolfgang Weisselberg March 23rd 07 02:02 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

Dave wrote:

Does the Sigma support the E-TTL II standard utilized by the 30D?

Any E-TTL capable flash is also E-TTL II capable, the differences
are in the camera firmware.

-Wolfgang

Dave March 24th 07 07:29 PM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

On Mar 23, 6:02 am, Wolfgang Weisselberg
wrote:
Dave wrote:
Does the Sigma support the E-TTL II standard utilized by the 30D?

Any E-TTL capable flash is also E-TTL II capable, the differences
are in the camera firmware.

-Wolfgang

As I recall, if you look in the Metz website, you have to have a newer
adapter module for their E-TTL flash (the particular model which I
have) if you are using it with the 30D. I have a D60, and it the E-
TTL-capable Metz flash is compatible with it but not with my newer 30D
- I've confirmed that both in practice and with the Metz website. The
Metz adapter module for the D60 I use is not forward-compatible to the
newer standard.

Gisle Hannemyr March 28th 07 09:49 AM

flash unit for Canon Rebel

"Jim and Terri Bomier" writes:
Any recommendation for an external flash unit for a Rebet xt.

http://hannemyr.com/photo/flash.html

Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z