PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   are the negatives of underexposed prints salvageable? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=68490)

bonnie August 11th 06 06:46 AM

are the negatives of underexposed prints salvageable?

Hi,

Firstly, I'm a total amateur.

I used 800 Fuji Press for the first time because I bought a long zoom
for a Volga trip. I sent 12 rolls to a local lab for developing and the
prints are awful - totally dark. The balance of the rolls I sent to a
Fuji lab and they came out fine.

Is there any way of ascertaining whether the negatives of the
underexposed prints can be re-done successfully?

Thanks,
Bonnie

August 11th 06 07:27 AM

are the negatives of underexposed prints salvageable?

In article .com,
bonnie wrote:

Is there any way of ascertaining whether the negatives of the
underexposed prints can be re-done successfully?

Have you tried looking at the negatives?

Greg \_\ August 11th 06 10:15 AM

"bonnie" wrote:

Hi,

Firstly, I'm a total amateur.

I used 800 Fuji Press for the first time because I bought a long zoom
for a Volga trip. I sent 12 rolls to a local lab for developing and the
prints are awful - totally dark. The balance of the rolls I sent to a
Fuji lab and they came out fine.

Is there any way of ascertaining whether the negatives of the
underexposed prints can be re-done successfully?

Thanks,
Bonnie

As Mr Ellis stated -compare the negatives of the good versus the bad
that way you"ll have an idea whether the bad ones were exposed properly.
If they look lighter or a lot lighter then perhaps no.

As for the initial development one can only hope the first lab didn't
screw up the Color balance beyond what is printable.
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com

Thomas T. Veldhouse August 11th 06 01:37 PM

bonnie wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, I'm a total amateur.

I used 800 Fuji Press for the first time because I bought a long zoom
for a Volga trip. I sent 12 rolls to a local lab for developing and the
prints are awful - totally dark. The balance of the rolls I sent to a
Fuji lab and they came out fine.

Did the negatives come out dark ... or the prints. Costco in my area does a
HORRIBLE job with prints from negatives, but they develope the negatives just
fine [although they butcher the cuts].

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Thomas T. Veldhouse August 11th 06 02:54 PM

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
bonnie wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, I'm a total amateur.

I used 800 Fuji Press for the first time because I bought a long zoom
for a Volga trip. I sent 12 rolls to a local lab for developing and the
prints are awful - totally dark. The balance of the rolls I sent to a
Fuji lab and they came out fine.

Did the negatives come out dark ... or the prints. Costco in my area does a
HORRIBLE job with prints from negatives, but they develope the negatives just
fine [although they butcher the cuts].

Boy oh boy ... did the negatives come out light? Were the prints dark? Most
processors can develop the negatives fine, but they may have issues with the
prints.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

bonnie August 13th 06 06:19 AM

are the negatives of underexposed prints salvageable?

Thanks to everybody.

I'll check the negs.

Bonnie